PDA

View Full Version : ? erin or Joe

punchy
09-29-2009, 12:39 PM
The race on the 18th of Oct, will there be a ladies race? I might be missing the one on the 11th not sure yet. Thanks:wave:

CJfilms
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
It depends on whether we get another race date added in November....

We may have one, but I would like to add in a special race....I have something in mind, but I was going to wait until the next race to rate the approval...

DerbyN8-128
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
We may have one, but I would like to add in a special race....I have something in mind, but I was going to wait until the next race to rate the approval...

Lets go around the track in the opposite direction. Throw some people off :lol:

Poppop
09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
:lol:Sounds like a good way to wind up upside down Nate. :applause:

CJfilms
09-29-2009, 07:59 PM
If everyone who DID come to Wall would restrict themselves to racing on the small inner track....then yeah, we can race backwards!

Just a FYI, Wall Stadium has metal guard rails....when a track has metal gaurd rails, cars cannot race in reverse due to the risk of a loose guard rail impaling a driver in a nasty wreck....hence the reason why drivers wouold have to stick to the lower inner track.

DerbyN8-128
09-29-2009, 08:15 PM
since this IS the dirt board...
grandviews only problem would be the entrance area from the pits...other wise it would be fine for going backwards

DerbyN8-128
09-29-2009, 08:17 PM
:lol::lol:actually from rolling my car, it is bent in a way that it would be an advantage for me to go the wrong way around the track :applause:

EnduroFromDE
09-29-2009, 08:31 PM

again...
sorry I had too

EnduroFromDE
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
If everyone who DID come to Wall would restrict themselves to racing on the small inner track....then yeah, we can race backwards!

Im up for that...

richardpetey
09-29-2009, 09:32 PM
Incredible! I can't get the mud outa my mustache going the RIGHT way..........................:eek::eek:
Now, you wanna spin me bassackwards, no telling where the mud will wind up now.................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
09-29-2009, 10:15 PM
yeah i can do that , just like good ole alan kulwicki , polish power baby

Lad3der
09-30-2009, 08:56 AM
two words......
Safety Issue this will never happen because of where the driver sits in the car. if a car slaps the wall you have to remember that it will be drivers side first

tbirdracer
09-30-2009, 11:40 AM
thou it sounds like fun, have you ever hit driver side first really fast. it is not fun. i did it racing pro stocks. rung my head. if we sat on the otherside then yes. some cars lean their wheels to make their cars turn better. but again safety is my only concern. thats my last and only two cents on this one.:cheers:

critter
09-30-2009, 02:57 PM
i agree with tbird , i have a hard enough time just tryin to make it go the right way lol

EnduroFromDE
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
have you ever hit driver side first really fast. it is not fun.

yes at bridgeport. I hit the front stretch wall coming out from the infield weight scale which sits to the track at a 45° angle and I hit it all but square in the drivers door pretty much full throttle still maybe 45 mph...knocked the concrete barrier on its sideand bent 2 of the 4 door bars...i did black out for a few seconds...I remeber getting closer and closer towards it and then looking up and im backwards on the track and someone lowering my window net...not something I want to do again...

critter
09-30-2009, 10:22 PM
i come from the derby world , took lots of hits that wher not fun , did feel them for a few days lol

DerbyN8-128
10-01-2009, 05:36 PM
i come from the derby world , took lots of hits that wher not fun , did feel them for a few days lol

Me too. That's why I switched to enduros...then I rolled my car and realized this is just as bad for my body :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nah that was the only race I felt hurt after...every derby I have ever been in has caused me some kind of pain. So the enduros are less rough on the body.

Tracy57
10-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Cars USUALLY last longer in enduros. Our best record was a single car that made it through THREE derbies- including a feature, our Taurus raced in 16 enduro races before it went to the crusher! The T-bird is on its 12th or 13th race this year and going strong. Your car lasts longer with enduros (or should) and its more fun than a derby!

DerbyN8-128
10-01-2009, 07:26 PM
This is true, and the other reason I have made the switch. Heck, my Tempo will be in it's 6th race at Grandview October 18th and...well, everyone knows what the car has been through already this year.

My longest lasting derby car was 2 events (I ran in the 4 cylinder class). Shortest time was a car that took a few weeks too build, and lasted 17 something minutes in the arena and got me a top 5 finish...but the car was junked after that because there was nothing left to the front end. 2-3 weeks of building for 17 minutes of crashing...not worth it :disgusted

The enduro car actually took a shorter time to build than the derby cars took.

I'm here to stay. :wave:

critter
10-01-2009, 09:25 PM
i agree nate , worked on buildin for months and in one day totaled , i will race the enduro as long as i can , love it , much beeter then derbys

miller78
10-01-2009, 10:00 PM
this was my derby car from last month it won the heat2073

richardpetey
10-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Hey Thriller! I didn't know you drove a short bus....................:help:
NO JUNK in that trunk..........................:rolleyes:
That unit brings new meaning to the words "rear entry"...........:eek:
Well, at least you left it all BEHIND you.................;)
Looks like that car was in a little TOO much HEAT...............LOL
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

miller78
10-02-2009, 09:44 AM
good one petey lol 2074 my trunk lid was thru the roof............ my gas tank was standing up behind the seat:eek: but it still ran and moved lol

Erin C
10-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Holy cow! :eek:

Tracy57
10-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Was that from West End Fair? I know how brutal they can be. We had a helmet cam on the last demo we did in 2006. Is the same person still winning the features up there in the big car demo?

I know at the Plainfeld Fair they had to STOP the feature because one of the smaller cars were so mangled up- trunk hitting the drivers seat (but still driving) officials got him out because they felt it was unsafe for him to continue.

We attended a demo in VA and I think some of the cars were even driven there! They do things kinda funny in the south! :lol:

miller78
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Was that from West End Fair? :lol:
yea that i only place i run derby cause it 15mins away and the greens are still winning every year :mad:

Tracy57
10-02-2009, 07:25 PM
yea that i only place i run derby cause it 15mins away and the greens are still winning every year :mad:

At the Plainfield fair in 2005, we were in the pits getting the car ready for the feature and the car rolled back pinning the old guy between our car and his. He wanted to kick Larry's ***! We were both upset about it and the next night he was there and said he was ok. Saw the old man in 2006 but he wasn't driving- I think his son was though. I didn't realize who he was until I got the book "Crash, Burn, Love" which covers pictures from West End and Plainfield- the old guy was pictured in there winning the feature every night at West End. Does the DC team still compete too? I know back then they had quite a few cars too.

Gonna be at GV next week? We were planning on going to BDR tomorrow but NO ONE knows when it starts. If we don't know soon, we won't be going.

mcstockcar
10-03-2009, 08:13 AM
this was my derby car from last month it won the heat2073

Talk about "compact" WOW! Its even smashed in nice and even to the back seat. Usally they are mangled in every differnt direction.:lol:

DerbyN8-128
10-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Does the DC team still compete too?

they ran at Mountain Springs in Shartlesville before but I haven't seen any of them in the last two years.

you want to talk about an unfair derby....mountain springs is the spot