PDA

View Full Version : enduro for back when

miller78
10-02-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk42EY_Nzno thats the link to a enduro from the nazareth 1/2 mile dirt track in 1988........ but man that looked like so much fun to bad i was 5 months old the time but i think timmy pauch and uncle petey were in it lol

Tracy57
10-02-2009, 01:08 PM
I think it IS Uncle Petey in that 43 car!

Living just miles from this track, I used to hear the cars running on race day. My mom would complain coming out the grocery store because all the cars were covered in dust from the track!

Now, the weeds have grown up all around it and its just sitting there. We have been tempted several times to break in and have our own "test and tune" until the police come and kick us out. :lol:

It's still up for sale last time I checked. Anyone interested? NEETS can have their own track! I know we can then bring MORE than one car!!! But you would also have to buy all the other properties around it so the neighbors don't complain about dirt and noise! :disgusted

tbirdracer
10-02-2009, 01:14 PM
man i feel old!:lol: i was in that race and i think the 43 was petery. they were alot of fun. get a car for $50 and go racing. i ran there for 2 years before the closed. timmy was young and still hard to beat. man were is my wheel chair :lol:. if i find my old photo album i will bring it to the track.:cheers:

CJfilms
10-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Anyone want to invest? We have all the officials we would need to run a full-fledged program there! Of course....enduros would be the MAIN event each night, but who didn't see that coming?

If only I knew some richER people......

NJ Chick
10-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Now THAT'S an enduro!!!!! :D

richardpetey
10-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Yup! That was yours truely, last race at the old dirt Nazareth Speedway before it was "DOZED" under for another shopping mall...............:*-(
It was advertised as the "SUPER ENDURO" and the race paid $10,000 to the winner................:applause:
I think Timmy finished 3rd or 4th..................:cheers:
I finished 5th or 6th and I got paid almost $1000......................:)
Those were the days, you earned your money in those races................:help:
I remember one race at Nazareth that started over 360 cars, 300 laps or 3hours whichever came first.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
10-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I have that posted on my myspace page...petey was that you jumping out of the back of the truck at video time 9:30. White T, blue jeans, and a red bandana...it has to be...

tbirdracer
10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
i was in that race 360 cars. i finished 17 that day. it was wall to wall cars. i drove a 74 plymouth with 318ci. man those were the days.

mcstockcar
10-03-2009, 08:34 AM
NOW thats an enduro race....or derby.....or junkyard.....Just one wrong move from you or anyone=:( WAAY cool!!!

critter
10-03-2009, 08:56 PM
that was very cool , wish we could see are races like that