yucaipa
10-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Well - what a season!!!!!!!! One more to go????:applause:

yucaipa
10-04-2009, 06:34 PM
so RP need to finsish 3 spots ahead of DL to win the 09' Championship?:cheers:

BigMac
10-04-2009, 09:19 PM
I guess all that talk about TC having more patience in his older years is out the window. There is no reason for the 2nd and 3rd place cars to get into each other on lap 19. It cost TC the championship and it was his own fault.

Jaws
10-04-2009, 09:34 PM
I guess all that talk about TC having more patience in his older years is out the window. There is no reason for the 2nd and 3rd place cars to get into each other on lap 19. It cost TC the championship and it was his own fault.

I did not see the initial contact but upon reviewing the replay the track announcers stated TC put an outside to inside move and the 19 jumped low to block TC, so it could have been blamed on both. Second wreck TC had no where to go when 2 slower cars got together.

ThE sHaDoW
10-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I did not see the initial contact but upon reviewing the replay the track announcers stated TC put an outside to inside move and the 19 jumped low to block TC, so it could have been blamed on both. Second wreck TC had no where to go when 2 slower cars got together.

but...had he shown patience, he wouldnt have been in the back with the slower cars.

RGeeProductions
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM

First off, bingo to sHaDoW.
Mike, TC was racing for a championship. No need to get hungry with 131 laps to go!! NOT both faults here on this situation...
Coby was obviously fast...his finish shows this....
And as for TC's comment about the drivers meeting and telling the drivers to remember there is a tight point race, that didn't mean when they come by you to wave and let them go, just don't be stupid!!! (lap 19???)

jfp711
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
TC is a charger always will be, hate that from what information I was told that he did not show any patience that point in the race....anybody who knows me knows that I'm a friend & huge fan of TC, but it sounds like he should have rode and see what would have shaken out.....hate that he is out of contention......it's obvious that Doug had a good car and who knows what could have happened when the checkered flew if TC could have finished.....

stoningtonmodmania
10-05-2009, 03:31 PM
i think it was more of a racin deal myself dont blame n e 1

night gent
10-05-2009, 04:16 PM
Obviously TC is a great driver but taking risks so early in the race when the title is on the line is crazy. As an experienced elder statesman Teddy should realize when to back off. Take a cue from someone like Mark Martin, who lets things shake out and then puts himself in position at the end. I guess some guys can never adjust their driving style!

BigMac
10-05-2009, 05:04 PM
First off, bingo to sHaDoW.
Mike, TC was racing for a championship. No need to get hungry with 131 laps to go!! NOT both faults here on this situation...
Coby was obviously fast...his finish shows this....
And as for TC's comment about the drivers meeting and telling the drivers to remember there is a tight point race, that didn't mean when they come by you to wave and let them go, just don't be stupid!!! (lap 19???)

I echo everything you said here. Great post. The "champ" should have known better. Now, based on his comments, does this mean TC is going to pull over and let Lia and Preece go by at Thompson? Ha, fat chance. Although, if I were the 4 car I would just let TC go by. The shoe is on the other foot now and TC has a long memory. Nevermind the fact that he just plain doesn't like Donny.

oleblue
10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
very sad that the best driver is out of the championship, i believe it was a racing deal, but what is the defintion of a racing deal. mr lia after the race was talking trash about teddy and so wasn't mr coby, not saying that ted is a saint at all. ted is a hard charging racer and will always be, like already stated. i am a fan of teddy and also many others, but ted just brings amazing talent and excitement to any race he enters. and as already stated also tc will not forget. looking forward to the world series. should be real exciting, good luck to all

modscene
10-07-2009, 01:58 AM
Good grief! They run RACES, not point standings. The object is to win the race, not cruise around carefully to pile up points. Race hard and let the points fall where they may. Do you think Richie ever cruised around for points? No, he raced hard. Remember, you pay for racing action.

BChat
10-07-2009, 06:54 AM
Good grief! They run RACES, not point standings. The object is to win the race, not cruise around carefully to pile up points. Race hard and let the points fall where they may. Do you think Richie ever cruised around for points? No, he raced hard. Remember, you pay for racing action.

Well said.

Sicklajoie
10-07-2009, 07:31 AM

BUT, it was a 150 lap race, and you don't win the race in the first 20 laps. TC was in SK mode during the Tour race.