View Full Version : New Championship deal

BChat
10-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Having tired of reading about:
"points racing"
"racing around championship contenders"
"racing Chase contenders"

I've decided it's time for a new deal.

1. Winner gets no points, just a bunch of cash and trophy.

2. Driver with most wins gets Championship trophy, a bunch more cash, and a kiss from someone.

3. In the event of a tie in number of wins, a 10 lap winner take all race is run - winner gets the already mentioned cash, kiss, and trophy.

I see no point to points racing.

RGeeProductions
10-05-2009, 05:48 PM
WOW...Now that's a whole new concept of things.....
I wonder how that would work with baseball, football, etc, etc.....

JED
10-05-2009, 05:52 PM
OK

Going into the final NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race of 2009 both Donnie Lia and Ryan Preece have stated their goal is to win the final event. Not points racing to me.

oleblue
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
what they say and what they do are two totally different things. mr lia will drive hard but with much caution

BChat
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
what they say and what they do are two totally different things. mr lia will drive hard but with much caution

I'd like to offer this post as point number 1 in my "no point to points racing".:applause:

NC Mudcat
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
There is a large point to points racing....the championship. But I don't like points racing either.

BigMac
10-05-2009, 07:54 PM
What did happen to the trophy girls? They all but disappeared in the 1990's. We need to bring them back. Their way better than points.

BChat
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
What did happen to the trophy girls? They all but disappeared in the 1990's. We need to bring them back. Their way better than points.

I'd like to offer this post as point number 2 in my "no point to points racing":applause:

Jaws
10-05-2009, 08:14 PM

You know back then you got to kiss a beautiful girl, that was worth racing for!!

Cash who needs cash.

night gent
10-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Wins alone is not a great indicator of someone's season. On the cup side Kyle Busch had more wins than Tony Stewart, although Smoke is having a much more consistent season. The system could use tweaking but the amount of wins is not the answer in my opinion.