PDA

View Full Version : August 31, 2009 Photo Page

PatSportsPhoto
10-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi Joe,

Is there a problem with the August 31, 2009 photo page? I can't get in at all. See all you guys real soon. Stay safe all, and keep the series as exciting as you have.

CJfilms
10-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Pat, the link is up....the page is not....

Jamie's photos are H U G E! Too huge for my older laptop....I run everything through photoshop to re-size and tag the images, then to create the photo pages....her photos are so large, they take up to 4 minutes each to process sometimes.........depending on if my laptop has indigestion or not....

She gives me a DVD with nearly a thousand photos on it from each event....sometimes my laptop works well and will zip through them in a few hours....sometimes it takes a few hours to finisha small handful. I am nearly done working on the photos, so they should be online shortly....including yours!

Thanks again Pat, looking forward to seeing you at the next enduro!

W. J.
10-07-2009, 09:38 AM
Joe, the speed of your laptop can be affected by whether you are plugged in (hard wired), or running it in wireless mode. Plugged in is 10x faster.

CJfilms
10-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Always plugged in....

Usually I turn off the wireless card too....

Nothing else running, there is a better chance that photocrap will respond 'fairly' quicker........

.....in the end, Joey needs a new computer.....BAD!!!

Erin C
10-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Santa may bring one for you for a combo christmas/birthday present if you are a good boy this year and if he has enough funds to support the super laptop you want =/ I think an apple is out of the question....

CJfilms
10-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't want an apple.....what am I going to do eat it then be hungry in an hour and still need a laptop??!?!?!?!?!?!?:applause:

Erin C
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Smart-allec. :drool:

Like I said...Santa is watching.

NeetsSpectator
10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Joe, Your computer is probably loaded with bloatware.
Cleaning out all of that junk and spyware would speed things up.
Maxing out the memory should help also.

If you do get a new Laptop, you could sell the old one to critter.
He could mount it in the enduro car.
Post and Race.

Erin C
10-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Getting rid of a 6 year old laptop would help as well...hard drive already went once on it a few years ago...I think it is definitely time for that upgrade.

crazyfriend
10-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Getting rid of a 6 year old laptop would help as well...hard drive already went once on it a few years ago...I think it is definitely time for that upgrade.

think of it like your marriage would you trash him in 6 years or would you keep him n Fix things ???? lol Sorry just kidding

NeetsSpectator
10-07-2009, 04:37 PM
think of it like your marriage would you trash him in 6 years or would you keep him n Fix things ???? lol Sorry just kidding

You'll never get that thought out of her head!
In 6 years, Joe will just be a worthless old laptop. :lol:

Erin C
10-07-2009, 09:50 PM
If his hard drive goes in a few years I will be looking to replace him as well... :p

Did I say that???? SORRY JOE!!! You can't defend yourself, you're in the shower! :help:

critter
10-08-2009, 08:36 PM
i think i know the replacement , didnt u have it at the rain day lol sorry had to go there , :lol:

crazyfriend
10-09-2009, 07:27 AM
:lol: Well if she was carrying a brain then yes that would be it ...:rolleyes:.... computer hard drive is same as human brain ummmm what were you thinking wait i don't want to know to early to go there .... NOT .....:help::help: Sorry for letting that all up to your imagination :cheers::cheers::p

crazyfriend
10-10-2009, 04:23 PM
You'll never get that thought out of her head!
In 6 years, Joe will just be a worthless old laptop. :lol:

She can use him as a seat cushion when she goes to races ............ :help: