PDA

View Full Version : I am doing business the wrong way

RGeeProductions
10-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Not what you thought, huh???? LOL
Anyways......

What are your opinions of this????
Ebay WMT Signed Hand Out Cards (http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-WHELEN-MODIFIED-TOUR-AUTOGRAPHED-POSTCARD-LOT_W0QQitemZ230384581835QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_ Fan_Shop?hash=item35a3fdbccb)
Mine, pathetic....I mean, just get the cards to sell them????

W. J.
10-06-2009, 09:28 PM
LOL, and 11 idiotic bids so far!

I put it on my watch list, can't wait to see how much the "Winner" pays!

chrome horn
10-06-2009, 10:15 PM
First question: is the ink even dry from Stafford?
It's for this reason athletes are a pain in the you know what to get autographs from.. Everyone is out for a buck. Unlike the "big 3" these drivers and owners but their hard earned money into buying hero cards and other items to give to the fans to show their appreciation, thanking them for the support and some:-| I can't think of a nice way of putting it, has to try and make a buck....just my 2 cents

RGeeProductions
10-06-2009, 10:29 PM

Not that it is important, but Stafford's are next. This batch is from September New Hampshire race....lol

Jaws
10-06-2009, 10:33 PM
It's for this reason athletes are a pain in the you know what to get autographs from.. Everyone is out for a buck. Unlike the "big 3" these drivers and owners but their hard earned money into buying hero cards and other items to give to the fans to show their appreciation, thanking them for the support and some:-| I can't think of a nice way of putting it, has to try and make a buck....just my 2 cents

I don't think they are getting rich selling these cards, but could pay for a little gas.

By the way Christian would not part with those cards for any money.

oleblue
10-06-2009, 11:14 PM
very sad, anyway to may a buck. those hero cards are great keepsakes, especially for my 6 year old son who just loves them.always looks forward to the sizzler and fall final for the pit parties.

night gent
10-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Unfortunately selfishness and greed seem to rule the day. I dont want to go on a political tirade but greed is the main reason the sub prime market collapsed. I hope A-holes like this guy dont deter these classy drivers from continuing to go out of their way to interact and thank the fans for their support!

Axel
10-07-2009, 09:26 AM
I guess i have a slightly different take on it.

I am not condoning making a profit off of this (nor am I the one selling this), but there are some people who are collectors and it's nice to have full sets. Think baseball cards, many people want to have full sets.

If there's a market for it, I guess I can see why they are selling this. I don't know if I would buy this, but if I had a kid who was into the mods or a sports card fanatic, this might be something useful.

I'm just sayin'

night gent
10-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey Axel you do make some good points but I thinks it's a tacky move.

oleblue
10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
but at least with baseball cards you are intially paying for them, unlike the driver cards at the track

chrome horn
10-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Jaws, your are correct, they aren't gonna make a ton of money, but the way I see it, modified fans either go to the track themselves, or know someone who does. I recall someone on MSS, who didn't go to races anymore, asking people to get them for him. That is more the type of fan that would want these. This is a type of collectible that is not going to be sold to Joe autograph collector, there is not a lot of $$$$ value to these, but a ton of sentimental value. I have tons of signed stuff, I own door panels off cars and do I think that will get me anywhere should I fall on hard times or send my kids to college? NOPE...And that's not the reason I have these things. They mean a lot to me because I got to meet the driver, and/or saw them drive, and some I call friends. By someone putting these up for sale, it tells me they are looking to make a profit. JMO

skmod81
10-09-2009, 08:39 AM
What's the difference from a track photographer. They take pictures of your car, and then sell's them to fans.... :confused: Don't even say the cost of film and time to develop.

chrome horn
10-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Skmod81, if that's a dig at me, 1) I'm not a track photographer 2) some of the pictures on the hero cards are from me and 3) ask people who know me what I charge.
As for track photographers, when you sign in, you give the track permission to film the events. Track photographers work for the track and have certain obligations to the tracks. Track photographers also share their revenue with the track and that's why it is highly frowned on when people other than the ones hired by the track, sell pictures.
There may not be film anymore, but there is still the cost of printing. Good prints that will last are still printed in a lab. That's what you pay for.

skmod81
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Skmod81, if that's a dig at me, 1) I'm not a track photographer 2) some of the pictures on the hero cards are from me and 3) ask people who know me what I charge.
As for track photographers, when you sign in, you give the track permission to film the events. Track photographers work for the track and have certain obligations to the tracks. Track photographers also share their revenue with the track and that's why it is highly frowned on when people other than the ones hired by the track, sell pictures.
There may not be film anymore, but there is still the cost of printing. Good prints that will last are still printed in a lab. That's what you pay for.

Holy S.

1) Did I mention you at all.
2) Last I knew it was a free country.
3)Why should anybody be frowning for a guy that gets hero cards with signatures, and sells them. You do not have to buy them from him! Get your own, and have them signed.
I'll guarantee you 99%, that the person who buys them is associated with racing around here and can have access to all the hero cards. He can also get them signed at any event..This guy did not take the pictures, so that's why is everyone bent. Would it fix everything if the guy selling them said he would pay the person who took the pictures for the hero cards. Crap I should buy them, it would save me all that time running from car to car getting them.
You should be happy that someone did this and is promoting the tour...
:disgusted

chrome horn
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Money for the picture is not the issue. Heck, I don't even charge the card maker. The point is a car owner like yourself spends money to show fans appreciation for the support and now someone is making money off of your good gesture. I do support the efforts to get the sport out there. If it was about $$, I would charge the person who makes the card, then what would I care. My issue is someone making a buck off people showing thanks for support.

skmod81
10-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Money for the picture is not the issue. Heck, I don't even charge the card maker. The point is a car owner like yourself spends money to show fans appreciation for the support and now someone is making off of your good gesture. I do support the efforts to get the sport out there. If it was about $$, I would charge the person who makes the card, then what would I care. My issue I'd someone making a buck of people showing thanks for support

I can see some of that. Me personally, I would'nt care if I gave someone a hero card and they made a buck off of it. But I do think most of the people who get hero cards made, are mostly to get their sponsors advertised.

chrome horn
10-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Skmod81- I'm glad the way this turned out, and think the responses are what Rgee was looking for..... Great run on Sunday! You should have Brit in the car at the shootout:cheers:

Jaws
10-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Jaws, your are correct, they aren't gonna make a ton of money, but the way I see it, modified fans either go to the track themselves, or know someone who does. I recall someone on MSS, who didn't go to races anymore, asking people to get them for him. That is more the type of fan that would want these. This is a type of collectible that is not going to be sold to Joe autograph collector, there is not a lot of $$$$ value to these, but a ton of sentimental value. I have tons of signed stuff, I own door panels off cars and do I think that will get me anywhere should I fall on hard times or send my kids to college? NOPE...And that's not the reason I have these things. They mean a lot to me because I got to meet the driver, and/or saw them drive, and some I call friends. By someone putting these up for sale, it tells me they are looking to make a profit. JMO

Except the cards we don't have much. I own 1 fender from the 36 painted up with Get Well Jaws Jr. from when he was in the hospital and a bunch of pictures. Michael has a few in his room at school and the other kids are always asking about them. I agree sentemental value more than $$