PDA

View Full Version : DeLange Racing plays another winning hand

RGeeProductions
10-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Last Saturday the DeLange Racing squad returned to Pennsylvania to compete at one of their favorite tracks, Mahoning Valley Speedway in Lehighton, for another round of the Modified 100 Poker Tournament. On the schedule were the remaining 67 laps of Hand Three held over from July 25, followed by the full game of Hand Four. Eric Beers was looking forward to a successful performance and lived up to expectations, winning Hand Three and finishing third in Hand Four. It proved to be a night to remember for the citizens of Mud Lane in nearby Northampton as Beers' neighbor, Matt Hirschman, raked in the winner's bonanza in Hand Four.

Team owner Dave DeLange was delighted with his team's accomplishments. "Overall, we had a super Saturday night. We were very strong in both main events. In the first feature Eric fought hard to beat John Bennett, patiently sizing up his opponent and then taking advantage of a slight bobble to end up in Victory Lane. In the second feature the #45 Modified was not handling up to par in the early going, but we pitted and some small adjustments by the crew fixed the problem and Eric went back on the attack. We were on course for another win but just ran out of laps. Still, it was a happy return trip home to New York."

This weekend the DeLange crew returns to the Keystone State to compete in the King of the Mountain Modified 150 at Sundance Vacations Speedway in St John's. The legendary third-mile oval has been known by several names over the years, but has been good to Beers no matter what title was used. He was the Rookie of the Year in 1993, the track champion in 1994, and won this legendary event in 2004. Eric hopes to carry his history of success over to his new team. His car owner is equally anxious to return to the track.

"I've been looking forward to this race since we put together our team schedule in the spring," Dave states. "It's one of the classic contests in Pennsylvania Modified racing. I liked the track from my first visit back in May and have been waiting for our return ever since. I think we're prepared for success in one of the most notable events in Modified racing. I can't wait for Sunday."

Let's go racing!

Bruce Boucher