PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR FINALLY!!! The fans have spoken

Rich Mergl
10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Consistant start times at 1PM for all Sunday races not on the west coast starting 2010. Now only one Whelen Tour Track conflicts with Dover, Watkins Glen, or Pocono on the same weekend as the cup cars. Guess which one?
Maybe they will change.

night gent
10-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Just my two cents but the start times never really bothered me. I attended both dover races this season along with martinsville, the august pocono race and the june new hampshire race. The uniformed start times dont affect me when I watch on t.v because I dvr the races and watch them without interruptions. I do realize that alot of fans were in favor of consistent start times so I applaud nascar although I believe the ratings were the main reason for the change!

Rich Mergl
10-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Just my two cents but the start times never really bothered me. I attended both dover races this season along with martinsville, the august pocono race and the june new hampshire race. The uniformed start times dont affect me when I watch on t.v because I dvr the races and watch them without interruptions. I do realize that alot of fans were in favor of consistent start times so I applaud nascar although I believe the ratings were the main reason for the change!

Did you go to the Mod Tour race in Riverhead?

night gent
10-08-2009, 11:49 PM
like I said Rich, I DVR the cup races so there were a few weekends where I went to a short track event and the sprint cup series was at night and I watched the cup race when I got home.

Jaws
10-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Did you go to the Mod Tour race in Riverhead?

What is your point on that one???

night gent
10-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I didn't understand that question either being that the riverhead race was saturday night and pocono race was scheduled for the next day although with the rain out they raced on monday the 3rd.

Rich Mergl
10-09-2009, 03:19 PM
My point is that I feel the stands are not full for the Tour Race like they were since Pocono moved there race to the first Sunday in August. You had said you went to pocono in august. With all the open dates in june and july you would think they would have moved the date for the tour race at Riverhead. And now this year the Trucks are at Pocono on Saturday of the same weekend. If Riverhead refuses to change again it has to effect the the turnout in the stands .

night gent
10-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Hey Rich now I realize that you were referring to the cup weekend. That is a valid point in that some people do attend both nascar races whether it is the nationwide or truck series as the companion event. As for myself I only attend the sprint cup races, so it doesn't affect me. I guess Jim Cromarty has to take what date is available to him. I'm not sure how much imput he has in the WMT schedule. You are correct in that being that pocono is the closest sprint cup race, the WMT event has to be affected in some way.

The Bullfather
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Rich I would agree, but after this year, moot point, this was the best gate we've had for a tour show in years at Riverhead. I haven't seen the pits that packed in years after a race in a long time, took me by suprise, it was hard to walk around the one side of pits where the mods. are!!! But it would be better suited for a non cup race weekend, plus Pocono is the closest track to Riverhead. Seems most people go to Dover, much better track to watch action!