PDA

View Full Version : Question?

LiquidBread
10-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Here's an 'if' but a 'big' if ... a couple of questions based on the fact that the Pontiac Silver Dome is up for auction and can most likely be had for taxes.

1. Would WMT pull to MI if the purse was big enough ($1000 guaranteed to make laps, $25,000 to win).

2. Would Whelen sponsor a modified 'West' division that would take in a potential weekly program for OH, MI, IN, and Western PA? Probably 6 - 7 tracks. Would compete with/replace O'Reilly pavement which currently draws well. NASCAR sanction is an after thought if sponsor money is lined up because they are not in the area.

The idea is a 3/4 mile track, 20%+ banked with 2 concrete grooves. A smaller cart track and drag lanes on premise. Parking, camping, and infrastructure. Target opening Spring 2011.

Looking for quick feedback. There is quiet money on the side lines and an interest. It's in Motown's back yard. Please PM with serious inquiries, and use the forum for opinions.

Need response by 10/16/2009. Sorry, but there's a limited window.

Thanks, Liquid Bread

RGeeProductions
10-09-2009, 12:06 AM
My personal opinion....
1. Maybe.....
2. NASCAR needs to focus more on the WSMT before even thinking about a West Division....

ShawnCourchesne
10-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Paging Gene Arganese. . . . Mr. Gene Arganese, you have a call on the red phone. . . .

I Miss Manzy
10-09-2009, 04:00 AM
Not to pee in your oatmeal,guys but I doubt it will ever happen.Michigan's economy is among the worst in the nation.Do you know the median price for a single family detached house in Detroit ? $18,000!!(Not a misprint,no zeros missing,EIGHTEEN GRAND!) Have you checked their unemployment figures? I'd love to see the old Dome become a racing facility,but it's probably got a date with the wrecking ball!

broz
10-09-2009, 09:20 AM
You been to Detroit lately? :disgusted

Brian Hawks
10-09-2009, 10:17 AM
My personal opinion....
1. Maybe.....
2. NASCAR needs to focus more on the WSMT before even thinking about a West Division....

#2 - Amen. Gonna take a lot of hard work, they need to stop talking and maybe do a little listening over the winter.

Jaws
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Build me an out door 3/4- 7/8 track some where in NJ or Pa. where there is a real Race of Champions race and a nice spring and mid season race. Nothing fancy just a neutral turf track that the North South East and West(ern) teams can get togeher for a great race and party 3 times a year.

Michigan, not too many teams based there.

Sorry

night gent
10-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Whatever happened with that indoor connecticut track proposal. I was getting psyched for that but haven't heard anything since. I believe it was supposed to be on the now defunct greyhound racing property in plainfield.

Sicklajoie
10-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Whatever happened with that indoor connecticut track proposal. I was getting psyched for that but haven't heard anything since. I believe it was supposed to be on the now defunct greyhound racing property in plainfield.
The zoning board shot it down.

RGeeProductions
10-09-2009, 12:09 PM

That was dropped and he bought a cigar company (http://www.arganesecigars.com/)...
And the explanation here.... (http://www.smokemag.com/0308/qa.htm)

night gent
10-09-2009, 12:11 PM
Zoning boards? I wonder if they really have their residents best interests at heart. I think that's why riverhead raceway cant expand it's size. how would a 3/8's track be detrimental to the community. Typical B.S!

night gent
10-09-2009, 12:18 PM
Arganese cigars,lol. Went from exhaust smoke to cigar smoke.

catfish
10-09-2009, 02:23 PM
may die of cancer but i bet he makes a hell of a lot more money then he would have from a racetrack.

LiquidBread
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Man, this oatmeal tastes nasty ....

Axel
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM
typical developer...

So we had to change our thinking. Now I am putting a shopping center on the land. You have to be flexible in development and think outside the box.

ModTourMan
10-09-2009, 08:13 PM
typical developer...

"So we had to change our thinking. Now I am putting a shopping center on the land. You have to be flexible in development and think outside the box."

...but apparently not outside the "box" store!

Axel
10-09-2009, 09:43 PM
i am more bitter than normal. Last weekend they opened a Wallmart at the Flemington Speedway. It was bad enough with a Lowes.

BChat
10-09-2009, 09:57 PM
We've got a Loews theater where Plainville Stadium used to be - I feel your pain!