worm
10-10-2009, 10:33 AM
looks like the season is over down south for the wsmt

TJ1976
10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I hope its not over :mad:

JED
10-10-2009, 10:55 AM
I believe it will be rescheduled but I am hearing not next weekend.

NASCAR says rescheduled date to be announced on Monday.

jfp711
10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
What's a crying shame is that the southern tour takes a back seat to that s@#* hole bowman gray stadium and will not run when they put on the circus of so-called racing....NASCAR should be ashamed for allowing that......screw the stadium and thier circus...run the tour during the summer so weather does not play a factor......I wonder who Gray has black mail pictures of for this to happen....

Racer1_NC
10-11-2009, 03:38 PM
What's a crying shame is that the southern tour takes a back seat to that s@#* hole bowman gray stadium and will not run when they put on the circus of so-called racing....NASCAR should be ashamed for allowing that......screw the stadium and thier circus...run the tour during the summer so weather does not play a factor......I wonder who Gray has black mail pictures of for this to happen....

Has nothing to do with blackmail......the old lady took care of Brian's dad back in the day. Family ties......ya can't fight it. Best hope is that "reality series" putting BGS in such a bad light NASCAR drops them. Slim chance....but a chance none the less.

worm
10-11-2009, 03:51 PM
of all the nice tracks in nc,this is not the track to be riding i mean racing around every saturday night

jfp711
10-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Has nothing to do with blackmail......the old lady took care of Brian's dad back in the day. Family ties......ya can't fight it. Best hope is that "reality series" putting BGS in such a bad light NASCAR drops them. Slim chance....but a chance none the less.

lol.....there has to be something...i mean that place is a joke, and not to run the tour because of that dump is amazing....yeah hoping the same thing with the "reality series" it's going to be great that america will see what a joke gray's place is......feel bad for the tour teams.....you'd never see that garbage with the northern tour.....

monty57mod
10-11-2009, 10:40 PM

lol.....there has to be something...i mean that place is a joke, and not to run the tour because of that dump is amazing....yeah hoping the same thing with the "reality series" it's going to be great that america will see what a joke gray's place is......feel bad for the tour teams.....you'd never see that garbage with the northern tour.....

As long as the France family runs NASCAR this is the way it is. We all know this around here.
Only four regulars from BGS made more than 5 starts on the Southern tour this year, and one of those is a limited sportsman division driver. Don't confuse the southern tour with BGS, not really the same.

jfp711
10-11-2009, 11:03 PM
not confused about the so-called drivers from the circus and the tour...it's a shame the tour suffers from that place.....hopefully NASCAR will look like the fools they are when show airs this fall, like I said you'd never see the junk with the northern tour, don't run all summer because the circus is in town....

Tinkfan
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Caraway has posted on their Facebook page that the race has been rescheduled for October 24th

km74nc
10-16-2009, 01:09 AM
not confused about the so-called drivers from the circus and the tour...it's a shame the tour suffers from that place.....hopefully NASCAR will look like the fools they are when show airs this fall, like I said you'd never see the junk with the northern tour, don't run all summer because the circus is in town....

true.. definately is a shame and the Southern tour pays the price as do modified fans in the South. It really stinks that you have to go to BG on a summer night to see the modifieds. Much rather go somewhere else.

Did see the "official" word on Caraway being rescheduled for the 24th and the talk about how important the points race still was on Speed 51. Also a shame that only 7 cars have started every race and car count is off. There really aren't but a few positions that could actually change. It looks like Modified racing in the South is really hurting.

NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour director Sherry Clifton and Caraway Speedway track owner Russ Hackett worked together to finalize the date, which will impact a number of positions in the points standings. Points leader George Brunnhoelzl III can clinch his first NASCAR championship by starting the event.

“Mr. Hackett realizes that NASCAR Championships are rare, sometimes once-in-a-lifetime events,” Clifton said. “Russ felt with so many points positions still up for grabs, it was important to give every team their final chance to do their best and we appreciate the Hackett family’s dedication and support of the NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour."