PDA

View Full Version : Run What Ya Brung..........

richardpetey
10-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Will the last enduro race at Wall for the 6&8 cyl. division be a points race..............................:rolleyes:
Good luck trying to get a car count for the "run what ya brung" race if the 6 & 8 cyl. enduros are running for points................:disgusted
You should have one or the other, not both................:help:
I take it the only rules for the r. w. y. b. race are there are NO RULES.......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
10-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, I have been thinking this over for a while as well as with the help of a few little birdies....

The ideas for this last race of the season are starting to come together and move into the light for everyone to see... It is looking like we should have 2 RWYB races for each Big and Small Car Division and that would be it. No points involved for either. Regular $50 to enter with a regular NEETS purse.

The winner-takes-all idea is being shot down by a lot of people saying it will turn into a melee by the end of the race.....NJ Troopers would not like that one bit and the whole idea would be yanked from existence......so, to keep everyone happy (including 2nd-xth place) we will pay out a regular NEETS purse.

Custom over-sized NEETS Trophies from Bux-Mont Awards will be awarded to the winners!

There will be 4 main rules of this race...(I just hope I am stating this correctly here)

1) Car must have stock body - meaning no open-wheeled modifieds or late models with a full race body or just sheet metal/fiberglass. We don't want body panels and fiberglass shattering as soon as a car makes contact.
Wheelbase decides class:
Big Car = 104" Minimum
Small Car = 103" Maximum
Anything 103.X will be decided upon by officials based on motor size.

2) All cars must run DOT Tires...no racing tires permitted.

3) ALL CARS MUST MEET NJ SAFETY GUIDELINES, cars will be BOTH safety teched and teched for body and tire requirements pre-race. IF the car fails, it does not race.

4) This is a Run What Ya Brung race, normal NEETS rules apply for dragging metal, leaking fuel, excessive rough riding, etc... There are NO engine, transmission or suspension limitations.

Each race would be 2-Hour or 200 Laps, whichever comes first. The first race should be started by 1PM, with about 30 mins to clean up and 30 mins to line-up the next group, the last race should be finished by 5PM the latest...theoretically!

I'm not certain what other racing NEETS will offer (TRUX, ladies, ets...) or Wall Stadium will be host to this day (Legends, 4CSM, etc...), so just wait for more details to come out first before too many questions are asked...should have some answers after this next Wall Enduro on Oct. 25th.

310fig8
10-11-2009, 01:16 PM
I am just a little confused here... Is there going to be a regular Enduro on this day as well as the run what you brung race ?

CJfilms
10-12-2009, 07:07 AM
That's what I am still figuring out....

Most likely, it will be 2 RWYB races for Big and Small Cars and no other enduros for those divisions.

GREASELAND
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
There should be a manditory pit stop so we can change drivers if we want.

richardpetey
10-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Buck up brother! I've seen you do a C-note, you can squeeze out another 100 laps...................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: