PDA

View Full Version : done!

tbirdracer
10-12-2009, 09:30 AM
i am putting the bird in the hen house for now. she is still sick and i am not sure what it going on. until i get her better, i will not her threw the pain of starting and dying on the first lap again. critter won the battle but the war will be fought again when she gets fixed!!!!! thanks to all i have met yesterday. you all made me feel like we have been racing for years together,:cheers:tbrid

Danger83Ranger
10-12-2009, 01:50 PM
it was nice meeting you t-bird! thanks for the tips and I hope you have better luck next time. Unfortunately some wall contact on our ranger caused some electrical problems. The traction issue at the start of the race is still a HUGE problem. Will have to try some more options with it before she gets junked, sold or parted out after this season. haha

critter
10-12-2009, 04:06 PM
tbird what u need , i have a parts car , come on man my number 1 fan has to be there with me one more time ,

Erin C
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
ahem...two more times critter. Don't forget about the Mutha :p

critter
10-12-2009, 06:32 PM
yeah i didnt forget , i at least want him there one more time lol

mcstockcar
10-12-2009, 09:23 PM
it was nice meeting you t-bird! thanks for the tips and I hope you have better luck next time. Unfortunately some wall contact on our ranger caused some electrical problems. The traction issue at the start of the race is still a HUGE problem. Will have to try some more options with it before she gets junked, sold or parted out after this season. haha

I was wondering what happened to you guys. Wall have that traction issue, you just have it MORE with no weight in the rear end. The wall jar the fuel pump or shut off switch?

tbirdracer
10-13-2009, 02:20 AM
i will take the bird to the vets to see if they can fix her. i try real hard to see what they could do to help. critter i know you want it back out so they can all see the plate on my car. no promises but i will see what i can do. if not good luck on sunday!

richardpetey
10-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Great to see and talk to ya sunday , Ray.....................:)
Apparently, we have been in a lotta races together through out our enduro years..............;)
Fix-up that "thunderchicken" so she'll lead the last lap not just the first......................:help:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
10-13-2009, 01:07 PM
I was wondering what happened to you guys. Wall have that traction issue, you just have it MORE with no weight in the rear end. The wall jar the fuel pump or shut off switch?

I seen your car Jack, it wasnt far from us in the pits. But I didnt see you anywhere. I had a slight fever most of the day so maybe my vision wasnt the greatest...lol.

As what happened to us, my dad had some trouble getting it started when we loaded up on the trailer at my house. Tapped the stator and it started right up. It was fine until he hit the wall on lap 8, it than shut off and would not crank. So we checked the wiring and stator after the race and still nothing. So we than beat on the starter a little bit and nothing still. So we beat on the starter again and than it cranked but wouldnt fire. So we are still trying to figure out what it is. A bolt on the starter was half way out, we will explore the rest this week.

tbirdracer
10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
well critter looks like i am out for sunday. with all the rain in the forcast i will not be able to work on the chicken. i have to work on it outside so i will not be able to do anything. the only way to race is if i get a ride. well there is always next year.

critter
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
thats a bummer ray ,maybe the rain will go the other way , ill cross my fingers for ya :cheers:

mcstockcar
10-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Sorry to hear that Ray.I m having difficulty with my carb. I went to clean it out and change the jets and one jet stripped the treads out of the carb. I got another carb, put it on and it wont run right at all. I m pulling out my hair trying to get it to run right, if i cant get it ill be stayin home too.:(

richardpetey
10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Don't worry Ray, we ain't race'n this weekend..................:help:
Jack, I have a couple of 2bbl. carb. main bodies if you need'em................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
10-15-2009, 07:52 AM
Don't worry Ray, we ain't race'n this weekend..................:help:

Petey! LOL! Rain didn't cancel anything yet. The "chance" of showers may go away by Sunday. There's about a dozen people I know of that are doing a rain dance, lol

tbirdracer
10-15-2009, 09:11 AM
I know of that are doing a rain dance, lol

erin, they should be doing the sun dance. if you do the rain dance then it will rain,do the sun dance then it will be sunny.

Erin C
10-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Maybe that's what I did wrong a few weeks ago...I am part Indian, you know :-B [For once I am being serious!!]

punchy
10-15-2009, 03:25 PM
well whatever........ the sun dance or rain dance.....do whatever works! Lots of ambitious drivers are ready to race!

CJfilms
10-15-2009, 03:36 PM
Well.....if my outlook is correct....by Monday it is supposed to be "Partly Cloudy"....

To me, that means if the storm moves through quick enough, we will get Monday's weather on Sunday! It happens quite frequently, the forecast is usually 'stretched' a few hours or even a day extra to be safe....so by the time the weekends roll in, we usually have better weather!

Cross them fingers!!!

tbirdracer
10-15-2009, 06:23 PM
i am indian too. but not sure which way to go. if it rains all weekend i might get the bird worked on before the next race if there is a make up race. if it's nice then the bird will not see the track until next year. hey joe, WHEN IS THE FIRST RACE NEXT YEAR!!!!:lol: sorry i need:help:

punchy
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
Thats a good question, when will the first race be? Looks like I will be waiting til next year too! Way to go Mother Nature!:p Let me guess you will announce that at the banquet?

EnduroFromDE
10-15-2009, 09:26 PM
With GV being a dirt track and you cant really race on a dirt track in the winter the first race probly not going to be before mid to late april...We still got plenty of racing this year to go, This sunday, next saturday, Nov. 14th and Nov. 29th.

Erin C
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Haha...we will announce it once we get all the details worked out with the owners. But Steve is right, the track doesn't even open its season until around April...Dirt Tracks cannot be raced in the winter months. BUT Asphalt can ;p

We are working out more details with Wall as well...We would like to see a few off season races there, but again...we are working out the details with the promoter so once that is all straightened out EVERYONE will know :)

critter
10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
im doin the sun dance for shore i wanna race

punchy
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
yeah GV is really chilly when they open the last Sat of March for practice day.
I guess I will have to get them banquet tix so I dont miss all the fun and announcements!:cheers:

Erin C
10-15-2009, 10:57 PM
you know it :)

richardpetey
10-15-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey Indian Joe? Better start reading your smoke signals, you in heap big trouble....................................:help:
Many moons will pass and you'll have a better chance of humping Hiawatha before you launch your canoe in lake grandview.......................:rolleyes:
Save your wampum and stay in your teepee with papoose and squaw this weekend.............:p
So wash off the war paint and send your war party to sign the white devils' peace treaty.................:(
Don't send your braves to the unhappy hunting ground.........you savvy Kemosabe......................:eek:
UNCLE GERONAMO.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
10-16-2009, 08:00 AM
I didn't know you spoke Native American? :lol:

Danger83Ranger
10-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Indian Joe? Better start reading your smoke signals, you in heap big trouble....................................:help:
Many moons will pass and you'll have a better chance of humping Hiawatha before you launch your canoe in lake grandview.......................:rolleyes:
Save your wampum and stay in your teepee with papoose and squaw this weekend.............:p
So wash off the war paint and send your war party to sign the white devils' peace treaty.................:(
Don't send your braves to the unhappy hunting ground.........you savvy Kemosabe......................:eek:

lol, that was awesome

critter
10-16-2009, 12:28 PM
leave it to petey lol, yeah erin remind please to get my two tickets thank u

mcstockcar
10-16-2009, 04:01 PM

OMG! toooooo funny! Hey Petey, I got a carb...hopfully it works... not like the weather.