PDA

View Full Version : Do you want out...?

CJfilms
10-13-2009, 08:41 PM
At the Fem-Duro, there were two instances where disabled cars were stuck on the front stretch right in front of the tower...

We heard from one driver after the race who said he wanted us to stop the race........but we never saw a signal.

I'm not going to start a conversation about what happened then.....rather 'remind' everyone of the proper procedure.

First off, I know in the heat of the moment there are few things going through your mind besides "Racin' Racin' Racin'!!!". But, we need everyone to remember these few simple rules to help us help you.

1) If you need to pit, get your car to the high side of the track and wave your hand inside of your vehicle to alert other racers of your intention to get pit-side.

2) If we throw a red flag, also wave your hand inside of your vehicle to alert people behind you (who may not have a scanner or have seen the flag) that you are stopping.

3) If after a wreck/spin you cannot get your car started or need to get out of your car, wave your hands inside your car. DO NOT STOP WAVING until the racing is stopped.

We need drivers who want to get out of a car to keep waving their hands until the rest of the cars stop so we know you want to get out of the car. The issue we had this past race was the driver waved his hands and stopped immediately. We could see he was trying to get the car running, so we knew he was not unconscious. This is a simple mistake that can be made by anyone, especially in his predicament, when someone sees an official make eye contact with them and they assume the official knows what they want.

Most times, we want to make sure you will want out, or are unable to respond to our calls to you, before we throw a red flag to remove you from the car which would in turn be a dead vehicle after the field stops. If we throw a red flag to remove you from a vehicle, the car cannot be moved to the pits to be worked on....it becomes a dead car.

I know this can be a lot to take in and even harder to recall during a race, but please try your best to make contact and keep contact with an official so we can make the proper calls to ensure your safety.

Thank you and see you all Sunday!