PDA

View Full Version : Weather

Danger83Ranger
10-16-2009, 08:25 AM
This weekend's weather for the Bechtelsville, PA area...

Today: 80% chance Light Rain, High of 39* low 36*

Saturday: 70% chance Rain, High 41* low 38*

Sunday: 70% chance Rain, High 42* low 33*

looks like its going to be HORRIBLE. I was so looking forward to coming to Grandview Saturday for the TOTH event even though were not running it, and than Sunday for the Neets event. Looks to be a washout.

Erin C
10-16-2009, 08:29 AM
We just have to keep our eye on the weather. I am going to have Joe call Kenny tomorrow night to see how the track is doing, the atmospheric conditions changed since I viewed it last night :mad:

The only hope we still have at this point is Monday looks clear as can be, if the storm pushes through faster than expected we have the chance of seeing Monday's weather on Sunday...keep your fingers crossed and we will stay in contact with the speedway. We were supposed to make the trip for TOTH as well and tomorrow looks bad.

punchy
10-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Bummer is that TOTH Saturday is a big night. 6 features and I heard a demo derby later? If you guys get there, stop across the street (down from the pit driveway) at the house parking cars and say HI, I'll be helping park cars with my parents. Its going to be a cold one if they do get the races in that night, bundle up or drink lots of alcohol.:cheers:

Erin C
10-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Your parents house is the one that does that?! That's AWESOME!! I always thought the people who owned that house were smart as heck for doing that! If the show is still running tomorrow we will definitely stop by...I am so excited to see a Demo at GV, I just hope the rain goes away!!!

DerbyN8-128
10-16-2009, 10:29 AM
I am so excited to see a Demo at GV, I just hope the rain goes away!!!

I hope they changed the rules from a few years ago...back then the lack of rules was down right scary. Car doors were opening up and getting ripped off, drivers jumping out of cars while the event was still going on...

Exciting it should be lol :lol:

Danger83Ranger
10-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Bummer is that TOTH Saturday is a big night. 6 features and I heard a demo derby later? If you guys get there, stop across the street (down from the pit driveway) at the house parking cars and say HI, I'll be helping park cars with my parents. Its going to be a cold one if they do get the races in that night, bundle up or drink lots of alcohol.:cheers:

Our crew chief owns the field down on the other side of passmore across from turn 3-4. they usually charge $3 when theres big events and they make a ton of money. its a very smart idea. I hope they run, it will be cooooold as hell tho.

critter
10-16-2009, 12:30 PM
hey isnt this steves job lol lets hope erin is right and we can race

EnduroFromDE
10-16-2009, 12:34 PM
:disgusted

EnduroFromDE
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
click below for the official up to date weather forcast...it is GOOD NEWS!!!
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=137920#post137920

Danger83Ranger
10-16-2009, 03:03 PM
yeah but with all the rain we have for these few days and the cold, non humid/sunny weather, the track will not be suitable for racing. conditions now are 3 times worse than when the last event was canceled.

DerbyN8-128
10-16-2009, 04:55 PM
conditions now are 3 times worse than when the last event was canceled.

I'd have to agree with that.