PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Derby?

KH0429
10-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi, kind of new here.

I'm a huge racing fan, just moved to Mass. from Maine where there are essentially NO Modifieds. Saw my first Mod race at Seekonk (Open Wheel Wed.) and have been hooked ever since.

I'm going to Lee next weekend and from what I thought it was the last Mod race in the north east, I just saw in somebody's signature about the Turkey Derby. I did some research and am really interested in going. Just a few questions however, what do they do for a raindate? would they run Sunday? Monday?

Also, what are the car counts like? A race that late in the season I would not expect a massive amount of cars for a non points counting race.

Also, what are the ticket prices?

Thanks,
Jeff.

KyleMac45
10-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Usually Sunday is the raindate because its a Friday/Saturday show. Car counts are normally good... Tour Mods. usually get a pretty decent showing. I cannot remember what the ticket prices were last year. I can try and find out for ya!

Kyle

Jaws
10-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Here's another race http://www.mahoningspeedway.com/html/2009_schedule.html

Heres Wall http://www.wallspeedway.com/schedule.html.

Pictures: http://tscms.longislandracer.com/2008_turkey_derby_photos.htm

Wall will have full fields or close to it in most divisions including probably about 30 or so Mods.

Stands will be packed and it will be a great day at the track.

Turkey Derby weekend has always been a great Thanksgiving weekend tradition.

PLus Wall and Thompson have big Mod races next week.

Plenty of action yet to come.

KH0429
10-17-2009, 10:02 AM
As much as I would love to make a trip to N.C, I don't think it will happen.

Between College and working only part time while going to college money is somewhat tight. New Jersey is doable for a weekend, especially given the fact that in looking for motels I have found one as cheap as $54/night. Not to mention the area seems nice, my wife can go shopping while I spend the day at the track. Would be a nice sort of last race of the season, I'm not counting the indoor race in Providence, it should be fun but I can't imagine the track being big enough for more than 10 cars.

Either way, I think Im going to go, anybody know exactly what will be running? How many divisions and how many laps?

Thanks,
Jeff.

RGeeProductions
10-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Friday and Saturday, November 27th & 28th
"TURKEY DERBY XXXVI"

Tour-Type Modifieds
SK/Wall Modifieds
Sportsman
Street Stocks
INEX Legend Cars
Factory Stocks
Late Models

ModTourMan
10-17-2009, 10:21 AM
The Turkey Derby is a great event and a holiday tradition for me. I have been fortunate to make every one! Be aware that while most years the weather has been good, it can get wicked cold if conditions are right. The track is at the Jersey Shore and can get quite cool when there is no sun!
Wall usually sells a two-day pass. The tix are usually $35 or $40.

KH0429
10-17-2009, 11:40 AM
The Turkey Derby is a great event and a holiday tradition for me. I have been fortunate to make every one! Be aware that while most years the weather has been good, it can get wicked cold if conditions are right. The track is at the Jersey Shore and can get quite cool when there is no sun!
Wall usually sells a two-day pass. The tix are usually $35 or $40.

$35-$40?
That's not bad. Especially with motel cost being below $130 for two nights.

Only place I had ever seen Wall before was in a racing sim, was a fast track for sure. Should be exciting.

Oh, and do caution laps count for the 100's?