PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 25th Question

VARacer22
10-21-2009, 11:47 AM
So I hate to bring up the weather but.......there is a 70% chance of rain for Saturday. If the Comerford Memorial gets rained out then they take our day to race. I just saw on the Wall board that if that happens then our race would be moved to Sunday Nov. 1st. Is that info correct?

Erin C
10-21-2009, 11:50 AM
it was my understanding that we would be running the same day as the mods if they did postpone to the following day...

This is incorrect information on the Wall board, since it was merely a "guess" from the poster.

VARacer22
10-21-2009, 12:01 PM
So I want to make sure I understand this right. We would still race on Sunday and we would be combined with the Tommy Comerford Memorial race schedule? Wow that's alot of racing in one day. Will they be able to get it all in?

Erin C
10-21-2009, 12:16 PM
This is what Joe told me after he spoke with Jim. If something changed he will post it up, but as of the other day he was excited about the idea of having enduros and mods on the same day. I'm going to email him now.

Erin C
10-21-2009, 12:23 PM
Stay tuned...he's working on this now, this is the first he heard of it and it wasn't what was agreed to. He needs to talk to the promoter to clear it up.

VARacer22
10-21-2009, 12:25 PM
I actually kind of hope they get rained out Saturday because I think it would be really cool to see a mod race and an enduro race in the same day. It's defiantely something that probably has never happened before. I know that means the pits are going to be hectic but I think it would be worth it. Plus it would defiantely mean a better turnout of spectators.

Buckshot11
10-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Mod's and Enduros...I love it! :cheers:

Poppop
10-21-2009, 02:08 PM
If we get rained out on Saturday and crowded out on Sunday, is there a chance that we could race at Grandview on Sunday?:confused:

NJ Chick
10-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Poppop! Your putting more prunes in the pudding!!! :lol:

Hopefully, we'll be able to race at Wall on the 25th with no issues. However, don't be surprised if we're treated like the red-headed stepchild that day and are made to park OUTSIDE of the pits while the mods are there. :disgusted
But we'll put up with it as long as we get to race!!!!!! So positive thoughts!!!
:wave:

Poppop
10-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Prunes in the pudding? Sounds like an old Amish saying, are you sure your'e from New Jersey?:lol:

NJ Chick
10-21-2009, 02:50 PM
Born and raised in Joisey!!! :) I guess I should have said wrinkles instead of prunes, huh?? I like to put my own special twist on these things :lol:

EnduroFromDE
10-21-2009, 02:51 PM
IF the Saturday races are rained out...will all the races be made up on Sunday or just the twin 66 lap mods? if all the race are going to be made up there will be 15 feature races plus all the Weekly Sunday Series races so there will be over 20 features that day...

tbirdracer
10-21-2009, 07:16 PM
when i raced flemington they race mods first, then we would race. man it was so cool! they made us look so slow.

Erin C
10-21-2009, 07:46 PM
OK...There will be a thread later on IF IF IF there is Rain on Saturday for both Wall AND Grandview. Joe is making phone calls finalizing everything right now and will post the information as soon as he is done.

What a crazy day.:drool:

EnduroFromDE
10-21-2009, 07:50 PM
If GV gets "weathered away" on saturday then most likly so would wall so if they run all the sat races at wall on Sun and push out the NEETS why cant the Saturday NEETS at GV have a ra...um...weathered date of Sunday(25th) and have the Wall Frankenduro Next Sunday Nov 1st?

Sorry Erin you must of posted that as I was typing this...[Delete]...lol

richardpetey
10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
You took the post right out from under me, Ray........................:rolleyes:
We were part of the show at flemington and bridgeport way back when................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
10-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Ive been lucky in my little years on this planet to have watch enduro at both of those tracks. I remembered being at Flemington but only remember 2 thing from the race, the track putting "dead" cars in the turns at the bigining of the race and the workers pulling someone out of the back window during the race. Bridgeport had great Enduros, First enduro I seen was there 137 cars lined up 4 wide from start/finish line all the way to the back stretch. with a stop n go start...well a line up and go start...people loved them so they ran them more frequently and ended up being every friday night and then called it Outlaw Stocks now they are down to bearly getting 15 cars to start...:disgusted

WEEZER
10-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Is a hans device required for the run what ya brang 11/29 big cars and is there a tire rule beings it is a RWB? THANKS

Erin C
10-21-2009, 09:24 PM
DOT Tires for the race, hans device is not required. For more information look at the NEETS webpage under asphalt rules for the NJ safety rules. These safety rules in addition to full fendered steel cars using DOT tires are the only limitations. :wave:

EnduroFromDE
10-21-2009, 09:36 PM
For more info on this weekends event for both a rainy and non rainy senario, check the NEETS home page...

WEEZER
10-22-2009, 08:29 PM
So just to make sure a Eagle GT with a 6 ply rating would be ok with a 205 on the left and 225/60 on the right!
And Uncle Petey What stagger would you recommend for a 86 monte ss riverhead grand and rf camber and toe.

CJfilms
10-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Weezer....you can run whatever you would like....

The Rules:
1 - NJ Safe
2 - Full Fendered Steel Bodied Cars only
3 - DOT Tires

Engine, trans, suspension, wheels......all open to your creativity!

If someone wants to drop a big block motor into a Mitsubishi Eclipse......good luck.....as you would expect though, there is only so much power a DOT approved tire is going to handle before you spend the whole race just tearing up rubber.....

richardpetey
10-22-2009, 09:01 PM
The race scheduled for Oct. 25th will be using the regular NEETS 6 & 8cyl. enduro rules..................:rolleyes:
The rules for the run what ya brung enduro on Nov. 29th are the rules stated above in Joe's post.......................:(
As far as your questions concerning the set-up for Wall use as much R.F. negative camber as the rules will allow, I use about 1/8" toe-out and depending on your rear gear/tires anywhere from 1" to 4" of stagger...............;)
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

VARacer22
10-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Any word on the new date?