PDA

View Full Version : Enduring the Elements!!!

CJfilms
10-21-2009, 09:40 PM
Enduring the Elements!
Story By:
Joe Cutri
October 18, 2009

The first ever NEETS double-header enduro weekend may be going through a bit of an overhaul due to the impending inclement weather. After experiencing two consecutively rained out events, NEETS and Grandview Speedway Promoters have worked out an alternative for this next race.

The action is set for this weekend as follows:
Saturday October 24th - Grandview Speedway - Junk-a-Thon
Sunday October 25th - Wall Stadium - Frankenduro

The forecast for this Saturday is becoming increasingly unfavorable as the chance of precipitation has increased from 30% to 70%. The likelihood of a relapse of last Sunday happening again this weekend is becoming more and more a reality for this Saturday's event at Grandview Speedway.

In preparation for the chance of less than favorable weather, a rain date has been set for this Saturday's event. The event will take place on Sunday October 25th in the case of a 'likely' rain out on Saturday.

This will mean that the Frankenduro event scheduled for Wall Staidum will be pushed off until Sunday, November 1st. This is also a more than likely possibility due to the fact that Wall Stadium is hosting a $40,000+ purse Modified Race this Saturday with the rain date set for Sunday. If the Saturday night event at Wall Stadium is called off due to rain, the event will take place on Sunday and the NEETS Enduro events will be automatically pushed back until November 1st.

Officials will be diligently watching the forecast and studying the radar maps throughout the Friday night hours into early Saturday morning. If the Junk-a-Thon event will be called off, each and every driver will be contacted by NEETS Promoter, Joe Cutri, early Saturday morning.

So, let's recap this weekend...

No rain, all shine - race as planned:
Saturday October 24th - Grandview Speedway - Junk-a-Thon
Sunday October 25th - Wall Stadium - Frankenduro

Rain on Saturday - modified schedule:
Sunday October 25th - Grandview Speedway - Junk-a-Thon
Sunday November 1st - Wall Stadium - Frankenduro

NEETS will be racing this weekend, with or without the weather on our side! So stay tuned to the Official NEETS Website for the most up-to-date information, www.neetsracing.com!

DerbyN8-128
10-21-2009, 10:01 PM
So then we are guaranteed to race at Grandview this weekend? Sounds good to me :cool:

Wait...quick question, no matter which day we race at Grandview, will the racing begin at 1pm?

CJfilms
10-21-2009, 10:12 PM
YES!!!!! 1pm start either day.......I guess I dropped the ball on that one....
8am pits open.

Good catch Nate!

critter
10-21-2009, 11:15 PM
woo hooo yeah boys and girls woohoo that means if we race sat i cant get drunk sat night at the halloween party lol

ThePill
10-22-2009, 04:01 PM
roughly when will the drivers meeting be?

EnduroFromDE
10-22-2009, 04:40 PM
12 noon...

ThePill
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Makes sense, too many late nights this week to do the math.... :confused:

critter
10-22-2009, 07:01 PM
too many late nights lol stop callin people at mid night lol now go get your rest joel see u this weekend lol oh by the way might need your pit crew to help me too ,thx buddy

ThePill
10-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Phone calls at midnight? That wasn't me. If you need a hand you can park down on the end if you want, I can have a spot saved for you or more like you can save spots for 3 cars. I wont get there til around 11

CJfilms
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
You want a call at midnight Critter.....I can do that!

Just ask Travis Schwenk how late I send him text messages sometimes....!!!! LOL!!!

......just don't ask what they are....

punchy
10-22-2009, 09:26 PM
haha midnight phone calls.........its ashame u were already sleeping........party pooper! Yeah park with them Critter, then you might have some help especially after your race HAHA

critter
10-22-2009, 09:29 PM
dont worry team dx will have 3 cars sat but if we race sunday the whole team will be there , party pooper i had to get up at 5 or work , so ever one back on track do the sun dance lets go racin