PDA

View Full Version : Wall Race

Teds Race Tours
10-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Jaws sent me a Text that Jimmy Blewett won the 1st of 2 races at Wall. 27 Mods started the race. Lots of wrecking along the way was reported.

Precision Auto
10-25-2009, 04:51 PM
1. Jimmy Blewett
2. Matt Hirschman
3. Keith Rocco
4. Les Hinckley
5. Ray Evernham

Teds Race Tours
10-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks Linda.

Precision Auto
10-25-2009, 05:33 PM
TBax: You're welcome. You can actually thank Jimmy Broderick, who was there today.......said there were waaaaaaaaaay too many cautions. So they left right after the mod race.

Teds Race Tours
10-25-2009, 05:35 PM
Thats about what Jaws said. About 40 minutes til the 2nd modified 66 lapper.

BOWATCHER
10-25-2009, 05:50 PM
thanks guys for the updates

Teds Race Tours
10-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Lap 4 of 2nd race 11 8 02 1 12.

Precision Auto
10-25-2009, 06:06 PM
TBax: I thought Jimmy was going home, but his guys talked him into staying for the next Mod race...he says it's taking forever to get things going after a caution.

Maybe that's where Axel is - the bum who beat us in the Top 5 contest. I'm pretty sure he beat me......can't remember what our bet was, hopefully he can't either! Next year you and I have to come up with a game plan to knock him off his perch!!

Precision Auto
10-25-2009, 07:10 PM
TBax: According to Jimmy Broderick, the Top 5 in the 2nd wall race were:

1. Sesely
2. Hirschman
3. Rocco
4. Paulis (sp?)
5. Hinckley

He indicated that Jimmy Blewett wrecked.

There was lots of background noise, as they were in traffic, but I'm pretty sure I got the finish right.........then again...........LOL..........Linda

Teds Race Tours
10-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks again. I didn't quite understand Jaws text.

KChez
10-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Don't remember who got 5th, (02 Justin Gumley maybe?) but it definately wasn't Hinckley-he got caught up in a bumper tag match early and had to pit and then dropped out a couple of laps later. I was rootin' for him-he was hangin' tough with all the restarts in the first race and got booted while leading and ended up 4th in the 1st race.

Scary moment in the 2nd Sportsman race when a car almost took down the flagstand. Fortunately, everyone was OK.

Jaws
10-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Just got home from Wall race disguised as a demo. I would love to have the front bumper concession alone!

uticamike
10-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi Jaws, Glad we got to at least wave thru the fence. You look very becoming
in your flo green safety vest (Kermit the shutter bug)LOL. I don't know about you but that incident with the flag stand during the sportsman feature scared the shi...crap out of me. I swallowed hard as I thought he got hit by the car.
If he were on one of those crappy little wooden ones you see at dirt tracks he might be history. Glad to see all were well. As for the so called race. Well... it was SK driving without the SK's. Just awfull!! The whole package was on display. Dive bombs, brake checks and just plain ole dump jobs. A smorgasbord of dirty driving. TC can retire tonight knowing that his protege'
Keith Rocco has taken up the mantle. Jimmy Blewett won the first 66, anybody think he got there cleanly? The chours of boo's greeting him in victorylane suprised me. I thought he was Wall's favorite son. There were many others. Hell even Matt Hirschman himself got caught up in the bull. I've never seen him drive like that. Just ugly stuff. I lost count of the cautions in the first 66 but it had to approach 18-20. I like the facility, the food there is fantastic, and the weather at the Shore was perfect but my next visit to Wall won't be in this lifetime.:(

Sicklajoie
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
Heard it took an hour and 45 minutes to do the first 66 lapper??
Oy vay...

Jaws
10-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Jaws, Glad we got to at least wave thru the fence. You look very becoming
in your flo green safety vest (Kermit the shutter bug)LOL. I don't know about you but that incident with the flag stand during the sportsman feature scared the shi...crap out of me. I swallowed hard as I thought he got hit by the car.
If he were on one of those crappy little wooden ones you see at dirt tracks he might be history. Glad to see all were well. As for the so called race. Well... it was SK driving without the SK's. Just awfull!! The whole package was on display. Dive bombs, brake checks and just plain ole dump jobs. A smorgasbord of dirty driving. TC can retire tonight knowing that his protege'
Keith Rocco has taken up the mantle. Jimmy Blewett won the first 66, anybody think he got there cleanly? The chours of boo's greeting him in victorylane suprised me. I thought he was Wall's favorite son. There were many others. Hell even Matt Hirschman himself got caught up in the bull. I've never seen him drive like that. Just ugly stuff. I lost count of the cautions in the first 66 but it had to approach 18-20. I like the facility, the food there is fantastic, and the weather at the Shore was perfect but my next visit to Wall won't be in this lifetime.:(

All I can say is it was just one of those days. They are not all like that. Come back for a Turkey Derby.

uticamike
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry, No can do.