PDA

View Full Version : The Mutha

Danger83Ranger
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Im curious on the price to enter "The Mutha" enduro race in november. I understand its a double points and a double payout night which I guess brings the price up, but 50 bucks? We have all noticed that the majority of the top 5 is generally the same people...it just seems its catering to those guys...not intentionally of course. do more racers receive a payout? But 130 dollars to race is, in my opinion, not worth it. 130 dollars is by no means anywhere close as to what we dish out on a saturday night in the modifieds, but...Im curious as to what others think of this. I for one will not be at this event, i just would like to hear other drivers opinions. I also hope there is a great turn out for this event, i think the price might hurt the turnout a little. again, this is just my opinion and i mean absolutely no harm to anyone. I would just like to hear other drivers opinions.

critter
10-25-2009, 08:08 PM
hmmmm well heres my two cents , i dont mind payin the neets stuff , but i dont think drivers should have to pay 30 bucks to get in the pits , that just makes me a little angry , hopin one day to collect some of that prize money maybe the mutha could be the one who knows , but its worth the price i think plus its the last one of the yr just my two cents

EnduroFromDE
10-25-2009, 08:10 PM
Im curious on the price to enter "The Mutha" enduro race in november. I understand its a double points and a double payout night which I guess brings the price up, but 50 bucks? We have all noticed that the majority of the top 5 is generally the same people....

I dont think the price is going to turn people away. NEETS always ran a $100 to enter Mutha race and always had a good turn out. 86 cars I beleive the first year at Mountain. I do agree on maybe spreading the welth down the running order a little bit more. Maybe still have the winner taking home "double" but spreading the rest down to maybe 10th place if we get more then let say 45 cars. That way even if you dont have the fastest car and you can finish all the laps and end up in the top 10 you can still get a payout.

DerbyN8-128
10-25-2009, 08:25 PM
not going to turn me away either.

:wave:

Erin C
10-25-2009, 09:21 PM
The more cars that enter the more people get paid. I believe it takes 50 cars to do a top 10 payout.

CJfilms
10-26-2009, 06:56 AM
Turning it into a mutha.....

The typical structure in the past was $100 entry, with a custom purse that mainly catered to one the winner and two top ten.

I can formulate a new purse structure for this race.....it is a lot easier just to double what we are paying out now, but I will listen to you guys and see what I can come up with, ok?

Danger83Ranger
10-26-2009, 08:32 AM
i didnt know it was an annual race/fee event. but I did notice a lot of people complaining in the stands as i was walking back to the pits that the #5 was winning too much. hes good, he was flying out there again. he went a lap down early and fought his way back up to the lead to win. made it very exciting. i dont think the extra payout is a bad idea, but it would be nice to extend it. im on critters side with the pit admission price too. if im correct, the $30 goes to grandview right? if thats so, they are makin a killing. 3 people per team, lets say 65 cars, 195 X $30=$5850 (i like multiplication) lol. $7 at the gate X 75-100 people, $525-$700 plus whatever % they get from the snack bars. I NEED TO OWN A RACE TRACK! lol.

but i dont think the double payout is a bad idea, as i said above. i just think the money should be less for the top 5 and slightly distributed more through the top 15 or so. even if its 10 or 20 bucks through 8th-15th. i just think that would attract more people, they have something to look forward to other than a wrecked car. it kind of evens things out slightly. of course this is just my opinion, i am only one person. just something to consider for next season if people agree.

i also like what endurofromde said, very good point, "That way even if you dont have the fastest car and you can finish all the laps and end up in the top 10 you can still get a payout."

that is the exact purpose of an enduro. to last as long as possible enduring different obstacles. a lot of us consider ourselves lucky to last the whole race. sometimes we last and finish 15th or so and have nothing to show for it.

mcstockcar
10-26-2009, 03:47 PM
I see where the track has to pay there employees and that insurance bill just to open the doors. That $30 a person may cover that day. SOOO may liabilities in a busness.( C.Y.A.) I dont mind paying to get in otherwise.:wave:

fuglygswracing
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
just a couple of things of note. you can't payout top 15 if you only got 30 cars. for that idea to really develop your gonna need more then 30 cars. One thing I have always liked about NEETS is that they are fair with there payouts, and generally always payout higher then any other comparable enduro series; especially when you compare to mountain (sundance) or big diamond. The pay structure they have now is fine the way it is, and is most importantly fair. You can't payout 15 cars when you only get 30 cars there, it just wouldn't make much sense. On top of that, those top 5 cars are top 5 for a reason, they keep there noses clean (most of the time) and took the advice of the track owner (I think that's who it was) and told everyone to wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time. Enduros are not about top speed, but "ENDURING". If we start getting 60-70 cars, maybe we can talk about paying out those top 15's, but until we get those car counts, like the old days to become higher, Joe and Co. are doing a great job the way they are. :applause:

Erin C
10-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Thank you, Dave. You took the words out of my mouth!!

DerbyN8-128
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time.

awww but it's funny to see cars that lapped me already on lap 3 crashed into the wall or infield on lap 8 :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Danger83Ranger
10-27-2009, 07:58 AM
just a couple of things of note. you can't payout top 15 if you only got 30 cars. for that idea to really develop your gonna need more then 30 cars. One thing I have always liked about NEETS is that they are fair with there payouts, and generally always payout higher then any other comparable enduro series; especially when you compare to mountain (sundance) or big diamond. The pay structure they have now is fine the way it is, and is most importantly fair. You can't payout 15 cars when you only get 30 cars there, it just wouldn't make much sense. On top of that, those top 5 cars are top 5 for a reason, they keep there noses clean (most of the time) and took the advice of the track owner (I think that's who it was) and told everyone to wait 12-15 laps before you put it into high gear and take your time. Enduros are not about top speed, but "ENDURING". If we start getting 60-70 cars, maybe we can talk about paying out those top 15's, but until we get those car counts, like the old days to become higher, Joe and Co. are doing a great job the way they are. :applause:

yes they are in the top 5 always for a reason, thats not the point. yes there good and they know what there doing and thats great, but whats the payout for a winner usually? around 500 when we get 32 cars i think? thats more than the roadrunners get to win, sportsman modifieds barely get that much, same with the late models.

BIGDADDY64
10-27-2009, 08:57 AM
i agre with jack i dont mind paying a pit fee but i dont think its rite that when we get there after a sat, nite race and the sign says $25 but then they change it to $30 for us i will still pay it because i want to race but it dont seem fair to us just my opinion

Danger83Ranger
10-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I guess I should look at the bright side, it cost much much much less to build one of these cars and we still race for a decent chunk of change. If we were to be racing late models for close to the same payout, we would be spending 30+ thousand for a car and motor. Great racing class neets is. Do you know how many neets cars I could build with 30 grand! that would be awesome!

dirtmodfan
10-27-2009, 09:51 AM
The weekly $25 is for people who have a Nascar license which is $80 (I think).

Good luck to everyone on the 14th! :cheers:

Danger83Ranger
10-27-2009, 09:59 AM
$90 for Nascar License. After the half way point of the season, you can get into the pits without a nascar license by paying an extra $5 on top of the $25 pit entry.

Doug132
10-27-2009, 10:03 AM
I want to start out by saying that I have had a great first season and have had a lot of fun racing with everybody. :cheers: I think the races have become much cleaner as the season has progressed and a lot more fun as I continue to learn how this all works and get to know more people.

I also want to say that I agree with what Danger had to say in his first comment of this thread. I am starting to feel like we are just making a donation to one of 4 or 5 people. I know there is a lot to be said for staying clean and being there at the end but when you see one guy holding his 350ci motor flat on the floor going down the back stretch and someone passes him like he is standing still with their 350ci motor you know something is not right. It sounds like you are getting passed by an nascar modified when certain people go by! We all know that our officials are aware of this because of the threats to tear down motors at the last drivers meeting. Just a shame that we are waiting until the last race to do so.

My feeling is this... Is a top five attainable to your average "stock" car here, yes. Is a win attainable to your average "stock" car, no. Not unless something bad happens of all of those normal top 5 cars. Bottom line is those motors have been apart and have had some serious work done to them and that is not what this class of racing is suposed to be about.

I love this series (as do my team mates) and the people who run it are second to none. We will be back in force next year for another great seasonof racing! I just wanted to share my thoughts on this subject. Certainly not directed at anyone person and not ment to offened anybody. :cheers:

mcstockcar
10-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Dont forget we can run almost any tire, not like street stocks etc, they have to run whatever the track wants. That isnt cheap when one gets a flat. I get junk tires from work. Free is for me!

critter
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
i better get the fast and furiuos stuff out of my car b4 the next race lol just tryin to put some humor on this , my car is bone stock and its just fine for me ,see ya on the track

mcstockcar
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I heard that turbo wastegate blowin off as i passed you!:lol::lol:

ThePill
10-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't know. I thought I might have heard a zoom zoom ZOOM. :lol:

Doug132
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Critter, Mcstockcar... I do appreciate the humor and I know what you are saying about tires. I really didn't want that to sound harsh. I do know that this thread got extremely quiet after I posted that... I also know that no one has said that I am wrong yet either...

DEMotorsports
10-27-2009, 09:50 PM
:wave:Hello fellow drivers and fans. I have been involved in racing for over thirty years. I raced in the Nazareth Enduros in the mid 80's and a few enduros in California and Mahoning. The last few years I have been hanging out in the enduro pits and learning what it would take to be a better enduro driver. I have watched many drivers and their styles of driving. That has helped me tremendously.
I bought a car that was raced in the Mahoning NEETS enduros a few years ago. The car today is as stock as it was raced back then. The only changes to it were in the safety department (new cage, belts, fuel cell, etc.). As far as the motor. The motor in the beginning of the season was a 305 that I bought on ebay for $100. The motor had 88,000 miles on it, but the the fan belts came off and blew that motor in the first race. This was the same motor I won with last October at Grandview and had two top five finishes at Big Diamond. I then put a bone stock GM 350 in, and won with that earlier this season. That is a legal motor and when teched it had 16.5" of vac. I removed the motor and later found a bad “made in china” carb gasket was the culprit for that. The last two races I installed a bone stock 305 (purchased for $250). The only thing done was new head gaskets (hate those thin tin gaskets) and an oil pan gasket. WOW! You should have seen the crap in the pan. This motor has over 160,000 miles on it and runs good. The engine was vacuumed at 18.5” on Oct 11th. I did not touch the motor, except to check the oil level, and this last race it vacuumed at 17” on the nose with the same tech equipment. I am baffled on how that happened. Everything done to my engines is straight out of a Chilton manual. Nothing special.
One of the key ingredients to enduro racing is maintenance. Because dirt is not friendly. I tear the front end completely apart and rebuild every three races, repack the bearings and replace the air filter after every race also I change the oil every other race. I crawl all over the car every week looking for things out of place. Anal? Maybe but my car survives.
My car is open for anyone to see at the track. I have nothing to hide. Heck I don’t even know how to set a car up for dirt (honestly). I just race hard.

See you at the races.:wave:

Duane Eidem
ww.eidemmotorsports.com

richardpetey
10-27-2009, 09:51 PM
No offense Doug but the guys running up front have alotta seat time and have won a ton of races......................:rolleyes:
I agree with you to some extent, probably a few indiscretions going on out there but they'll get caught sooner or later..................:(
After you do this for a couple of years and pay your dues you'll be racing up front with the same guys your calling the "top five".................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
10-27-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey no harm here. I hope to race with you all next year! I see what your sayin bout the "flyin by you like your standin still." I dont have $300 into my motor, its totally stock, and i feel you get what you pay for. As a first year rookie, Im playing by the rules(and I plan to keep on) Ive built many motors(as large as 598 cu in) But to build one with a vacuum rule is tough. A lot of factors lead up to how an engine with the rite combo works and staying with the confines of the rules- i.e. vacuum. Im that guy with the pedal to the floor being passed....but not next year! Ive learned alot from my first year racing here, from others and thru "just do and learn".It isnt how fast you are, its how well you drive also. Every time I race here I learn more things each time. Take this from a drag racer!:wave:

CJfilms
10-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Talk about some history.....

Let's look into a few of the top drivers!

First off, both Uncle Petey and Howie Bott...their enduro records with NEETS alone is quite impressive.....neither one of them has ever missed a NEETS enduro race in 7 years! Not to mention their racing in factory stock divisions in PA, NJ and NY.

Shawn Naftzinger, Chris Reichert and Chuck Detweiler to name a few are Big Diamond natives who were born and raised on dirt racing...it is in their blood and it shows! They can set their cars up to run well on at a new track and learn the groove quickly. Running against these guys is not like running against your average enduro drivers.

Duane Ediem has already spoke of his record....

Finally, since I'm not going to single out each and every driver here, Tim Pauch. Tim has been racing enduros for YEARS! Not only racing the enduros for years....he has been racing the same car for 14 years now. To anyone who says you can't make a car last long in this form of racing needs to watch Tim in action. He stays out of trouble, keeps his nose clean and runs legal. The two decades worth of experience and 14 years behind the same wheel affords him a level of knowledge of both the racing itself and the vehicle that puts him on his own level.

Looking back at some of the drivers this season proves that improvements can be made in a short period of time and so long as you are willing to stick with it, you will get better over time. Without trying to provoke him to post EVEN MORE, take a look at Critter....

Critter went from running less than 20 laps a race to finishing both of the last two races and even scoring a top ten finish! It takes time, but enduring the enduros will eventually pay off! There are some drivers who get a beginner's luck finish in the top ten their first time out there, then there are some who do their homework and earn that finish their first time out there....either way, it takes time and patience....

To anyone who is trying to rush a win or a top 5....there is no way to rush this in racing.....as odd as that sounds. If you are trying that hard, you will probably cause your own downfall.....this is especially true for the enduros......you need to have patience and endure!

I'm glad to see how everyone has prgressed throughout this season....at the beginning of the year, 30+ cars started and less than 10 finished....now, we have almost 40 cars start and over half still running at the end! That is a HUGE improvement!

tbirdracer
10-27-2009, 10:27 PM
i have to say that if your car is set up right you can run alot faster. jack has gotten fast as this year went along. critter has ran very consistent the last few races. he may not be the fastest but running at the end. timmy is smooth as silk and drive what the track and traffic gives him. petey and tim and myself have put tons of seat time in. you will get there if you ask people for help and follow those who are better to see how they do it. thats my 3 cents today.

critter
10-27-2009, 10:33 PM
thx guys , im really havin fun with this car i have , i know its not the fastest but it holds up i will be back next yr ,might even have a 4 cyl car too , i also learned alot from walkin and talkin in the pits thx everone , next yr look out lol

punchy
10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
So being an outspoken people person you have learned from others? Thats the way to do it, ask questions if you need an answer. Many have improved over the season and with luck have taken the checkered. Others as my brother did well became consistant then stepped in a big pile of S***!

miller78
10-27-2009, 11:08 PM
i raced at lapdance from 05 to 09 started my first enduro at 17 and had 21 sec lap time car now its a 18.8 sec car thats 4 tenths off of joe jentile and ive been thru 3 cars and 6 motors in that time but ive learned so much and btw im going to be putting a motor back in redneck rocket III and hopeing to run the full season at grandview next year:)

BIGDADDY64
10-28-2009, 07:21 AM
i agree with joe it has taken till this last race for me too get to the checkered flag its been a great year and i have learned from many guys in the pits and by trying to follow on track for me this year has been just learning curve and hopefully itwill pay off next year..i think you can talk to anyone in the pits for advice. i personally have gotten a lot of pointers from tim,jack,and tbird it also helps me that i have scott and brian as team mates they have been doingthis for a long time too oh yeah i almost forgot i also have critter(if that helps or not ?)

Doug132
10-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Wow, now that is more like what I expected... I hear what you guys are all saying about years of experience and you are completely right. I couldn't agree more. I have been involved in racing for many many years as well and I know about consistancy and handling and all of that good stuff. We put the 6cyl. Buick Century together that Jeff Hendricks got a fifth with and was doing well in points with, due to consistancy. I hear what you are saying, but I also make my living as a mechanic and I know horse power when I hear it. Some of you have, in not so many words, agreed with what I have to say in your response. There is a big difference between a good handling race car and a drag race down the straight away!!!

None of what I have to say is me being upset about my results. I am quite happy with how my car runs for only having a 4.3 liter in it. I pass quite a few 350's out there, but I can also see that in order to win the drag race on the straights, it is going to take something a little more than a worn out 350.

I love cars, power, and racing... and I plan on being around for many years to come. I love learning from people that have more knowledge and experiecnce than me and plan on doing that as well.

Like I said before, I love this series and what it stands for. I have not run into one person that wouldn't give you a hand with anything if you ask, and that is unfound these days in racing. You guys are all great and I love being a part of what you do. :cheers:

Erin C
10-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Like I said before, I love this series and what it stands for. I have not run into one person that wouldn't give you a hand with anything if you ask, and that is unfound these days in racing. You guys are all great and I love being a part of what you do. :cheers:

That certainly brightened my not so fun morning :)

Thanks for the kind words!! :cheers:

EnduroFromDE
10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Im still used to running 20 laps at bridgeport where as soon as you take the green you give 110% till the checkards fall. It taken me a whole year to relize the race is 100 laps not 20. My car seems to fall off in the later parts of the race and that usally where I lose my positions during the race. I started first in Sundays race and figured if I can put everyone a lap down early, I can race the track the last half of the race. I did just that. I laped all but 6 cars in 12 laps, and me and the 19x had nearly everyone a lap down and was on a lap by ourself when my wheel came off, but it was only lap 40 not lap 100. If I would of started to take it easy and not made it three wide going into turn 1 then my tire wouldnt have been cut and I could of finished the race with a easy top 5. Now I have alot of work to do in two weeks.

mcstockcar
10-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Part of the reason I dont like starting up front, 1st, my car dont make lots of hp and bite. 2nd Im not quite experienced enuff yet to figure out how to get that "hook" up from the start. I know it takes some finess but some drivers like to just stand on it and what ever happens- happens. Thats where the wrecks begin in the begining of the race where its most slick. A few people asked me "why I start on the pole and end up in the back at first?" I dont want to end up in that pile of cars(ie-front stretch junkyard a few races ago)I wait to the track starts to hook up then pour it on a little at a time. We all have our way of doing things. I learn by doing and just watching the top guys and whats around me; the styles of driving.3rd knowing what my car is capable of is a large factor, Can it pass this car in front of me?Patience and learning when the time is right to do certain things on the track. I didnt have much of this when i first started racing, Now I ve learned to have some. Oh yeah beating up the equipment early is not good! Been there...done that! Sorry for babbling! Just my 2 cents..

DerbyN8-128
10-28-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm the slowest small car on the track...I don't have to worry about who I'm going to pass because they are all passing me :lol:

ThePill
10-28-2009, 05:32 PM
Patience is a big key to running well. It usually took my car 10 -20 laps before it wanted to handle. Sure I would lose a lot of ground but after that it would take off and I'd gain most of it back. Also I look at who is passing me. I remember one race I think it was the 5 and 11 both passed me on the high side, so I moved up there and found some good track to race on.

fuglygswracing
10-28-2009, 06:16 PM
all I can sat is seat time, seat time, seat time; and patience. Every year I've gotten better and better, and it's only been recently that I've finally gotten to win some races. Couple years ago, I had 2 Nissan 240's that both blew up (motors just can't take it), and I had many sub par performances (and wrecks). it would get very frustrating to finish many 2nd's, 3rd's, 4th's, 5th's, or worse, and never win, and my dad just kept telling me to "be patient, your time will come, just keep doing what your doing". We were just patient, and I talked a lot with other drivers and observed other guys to learn how to do what there doing, and what not to do watching other drivers as well. All I can say is, be patient, not only with future races, but while your in the car too. One thing I always try to do is cut the guy in front of me slack. I lift and never intentionally drive into another car (would be nice if the same respect was given), but I stay out of trouble and I take my time. This, has not started over night, but took years to get where we are at. Again, my dad and I will talk to whoever asks questions, and we don't have a problem helping anyone; just remember that good things will eventually come to those who wait. Also, can't wait for the Mutha, see everyone there, cheers :cheers:

rockinrick120
10-28-2009, 07:06 PM
The motor is great but if you are not handling in the turns the car that is will come flying by you on the straightaway even if you have it floored.The turns are MORE important,if you enter to fast wastes time correcting, if you can't get the power down coming off then you are losing time accelerating. As for the motor it is just like your regular car you can keep getting junkyard motors and see how long they last then replace them or you can do it right(same stock motor just spend the money for new parts and if you don't do it yourself labor for assembly)only difference in cost is going to be upfront for new and other way spreads it out.However you know exactly what you have with new and if you maintain it (oil changes at least every 2 or 3 races it should last many years.

mcstockcar
10-28-2009, 09:16 PM
Its kinda funny you change to a motor that makes more power and the handling goes away and alot of the time you have to readjust you driving technques all over. Combination changes can hurt you until all is rung out. Tons of power isnt everything unless you can put it to the track or you will over power the fine line of handling and end up with a bad push or too loose. I agree with the patience and cutting others slack. I do that alot. I dont like plowing into anyone either. Intentional stuff like that is not my gig.I respect all racers out there, they too have to fix there cars because of someones elses impatience or "bullying" around the track. I saw some of that Sunday. Using the front end of their car to gain positions by driving in between two cars where there is no room to get by making them part.(like the red sea) I know rubbin is racin but there a line you must draw. Theres otherwise a lot of clean racing out there, and i want to be part of it.:)

critter
10-28-2009, 09:25 PM
:wave:well put jack , the last couple of races thats what i been doin tryin to stay out of trouble startin to like seenin that checkerd flag , and yes i do agree there is a few rough riders , i felt it once or twice , neck was sore , but its all good and ill be there for the last one of this yr

mcstockcar
10-28-2009, 09:34 PM
I was going to tap you but you were doing too well to mess up a great thing...All in fun my friend!!!:wave:

richardpetey
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I gotta agree with Joe, the majority of guys trying to win the race in the first lap has decreased significantly within the last couple of races.................:applause:
Never the less, I'm still averaging 1 & 1/2 flats a race.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

rockinrick120
10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
The way you race is the way others race you. There are "racing deals" but when someone nails you in the turn after you just passed them you know that wasn't a racin deal and you remember that for next time. Same with mirror driving(should not be allowed in enduros) but they are so fine. However you have drivers out there cutting down when they see you have a run,do it once fine do it twice and don't be surprised or mad when you get spun because the other driver didn't lift. It is not demolition derby that happens to go around the track it is racing that we don't always have our cars go the exact spot we want.I did truly enjoy my first year racing NEETS and there are only a few cars that I have had problems.No big deal. Can't wait for next year!!!!Good Luck everyone in the MUTHA.

mcstockcar
10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
You need "slime" for you tires or foam filled. Petey:wave: Yeah or "diamond driving" I had a few instances of that at a few races. Find a line,and roll with it.

Danger83Ranger
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
ive been in some sort of racing for 16 years, motor makes a huuuuuge difference lol. ya get what ya pay for in a motor, thats what ive always said. maybe not so much in enduro racing, but when i bought the ranger, my intentions were to get back on the track in some sort of racing even though i knew the little 100hp motor wouldnt contend, especially with rear wheel drive and traction issues compared to the front wheel drive cars. i figured if i could last the whole race, i can get good finishes. that has proven a fact to a certain extent. but its the combination of staying clean and having the power to put the vehicle where you want, when you want. something the ranger doesnt have. but we are finally doing what we expected with it, finishing races. and a 15th place finish last week is decent.

my first time out there, i was so excited to finally be back on the track, that i put the pedal to the floor when the green fell, and i wasnt expecting the track to be that wet. felt like i was riding one of my 4 wheelers on a frozen pond, except with over 3000 pounds under my (_|_) instead of 400. quite the experience for a first time enduro racer. i loved it.

DerbyN8-128
10-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Same with mirror driving(should not be allowed in enduros) but they are so fine.

recently I have been using mine to get out of other cars way :lol:

Poppop
10-29-2009, 05:17 AM
I have to agree with you Nate. When I feel sombody tapping on my back side I look to see which side the're on and give them room on that side if I can. If theres two of em I just try to hold my line till they decide which side. Of course I mess up some times and move the wrong way and It's not because I'm trying to block them, I'm just not psychic.:lol:

Danger83Ranger
10-29-2009, 08:13 AM
lol thats true. they do give you an advantage, but it also can be a safety factor. Chopping down on someone coming into a corner could turn yourself sideways, up the hump at the bottom of the track and barrel rolling into the corner. Happens a lot in racing due to not being able to see whats around you.

EnduroFromDE
11-01-2009, 09:44 AM
Im just wondering how the Dash-4-Cash race is going to be run. Before all the races or after all races are done for the day. Is the track going to be watered down or left the way it is after the big cars race? If the drivers pay the $25 and cant run due to damage or whatever reason do they get their money back?
I think the drivers should vote on when they run. If the race is before all the races then most likly all 10 car would be able to start. and after 10 laps they shouldnt mess their equiptment up that much. If the race is after the 4, 6/8 then some of the drivers might not make the call. Maybe have a meeting with the drivers at the begining of the day on the 14th.

critter
11-01-2009, 11:17 AM
well if the guys that r makin it in the dash for cash , if they cant make it do they get to pick a replecement driver ?? id be game , just my two cents

richardpetey
11-01-2009, 02:43 PM
The dash is usually run after the MUTHA..............:)
Maybe Joe and Erin will let the next guy in the point standing run if someone in the top 10 can't make it........................:rolleyes:
The dash is OK, kinda like a F/S feature and it doesn't matter where you start because usually the fastest cars are in the rear.....................:p
Its gonna be the last race of the season for alotta guys so it should be exciting.........................:applause:
Just hope they don't water the track down for that one.....................:(
UNCLE PETEY.........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
11-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Just hope they don't water the track down for that one.....................:(

I was thinking just the opposite...I seem to do better on a wet track...not soaked but wet...

richardpetey
11-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry Steve, but driving my junk in that slop is like trying to drive a 4000lb. wet bar of soap across across a hockey rink......................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Poppop
11-01-2009, 07:24 PM
:cheers:I don't have to worry about any of that stuff, I just broke into the top 30. :applause::lol:

mcstockcar
11-01-2009, 07:38 PM
You should get a rope for that soap Petey!

richardpetey
11-01-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks for the rope, Jack.........................:help:
Now, I'm water skiing on a banked track..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: