PDA

View Full Version : Nov 1st show has been cancelled

Erin C
10-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Due to scheduling conflicts the Wall show on 11/1 has been cancelled.

After the rainout at Wall on Saturday we were given an alternate date of November 1st. In the best interest of our series and other Enduro series we feel the best thing to do is to cancel at this point as we do not wish to compete with or force people to choose between racing at Wall or the championship Enduro at Sundance Vacation Speedway.

Our "Run what you brung" race is still scheduled for the Sunday after the Turkey Durby on 11/29. We apologize for any inconveniences however we feel this is the best solution seeing the conflicts at hand. Hope to see you all in November whether at Grandview on 11/14 or at Wall on 11/29. If you have any questions regarding this new information please contact either myself or Joe at 267-767-4923.

Thanks! :)

Geno
10-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Thank you:wave:

VARacer22
10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
What about us drivers getting a last chance to run for a championship? I understand your decision but at the same time we should at least get one last race to determine points. It shouldn't be decided without a championship race. I know we don't get the car counts that Grandview does but at same time we should be given a chance to finish out our series right and not with a "run what ya brung" race. The factory stock points have been decided at Wall so you would probably get a good big car turnout. Just because less then a handful of guys are running for points at Mountain...why does that have to affect us racing at Wall? Combine the Sunday Series Turkey derby with NEETS on Sunday and you will get a good turn out.

Erin C
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
The Wall series was originally slated as a mini series as we originally had 3 dates. The last 2 races were an unexpected bonus. It is not fair for us to have our dedicated drivers to choose between Wall and SVS in points. Here's an example, John Saccomandi is the leader in the 4cyl points at SVS who had this date slated since the beginning of the year, should he lose our points to defend his title at SVS? Also, the race at SVS is a pre-paid race. There are people who are committed to running because they have already paid their entrance fee and the payout for their championship race is much more appealing than what ours would be for that event.

If you call Joe personally he will be glad to talk to you about the many factors that went into this decision made he would be glad to explain things. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences but like I said, this was originally a 3 race mini series and due to conflicting events and other factors this was the best decision. The car counts would suffer dramatically and it would be completely unfair to a lot of people.

The best thing to do instead of venting frustrations on the board about a decision that was made in the best interest of the series you should really listen to what all went into this decision...

Erin C
10-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Thank you:wave:

Not a problem, Geno. ;)

VARacer22
10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
The best thing to do instead of venting frustrations on the board about a decision that was made in the best interest of the series you should really listen to what all went into this decision...

Not venting any frustrations....just looking for clarification that is all. I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering why the race can't be rescheduled. Why can't the race be on the 8th then?

CJfilms
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
November 8th, NEETS officials and drivers will be attending a charity benefit at the East Greenville Walmart.
November 14th, NEETS MUTHA of All Enduros Championship Race.

The original agreement between NEETS and Wall Stadium was that our asphalt events would not conflict with our dirt events....to push this race off even further would do just that. Jim and I will work out the details for the Turkey Derby race...

I understand how you feel about running for a Championship, but in actuality, if the car counts were not higher than before...the division was going to be cut from the day anyways...therefore, the opportunity to get a better position in the points was out of the question.

The Run What Ya Brung race will be a NON-POINTS race... In the end, the current standings will become the final standings. I apologize for any inconvenience, but this is how it has to be this season being a "mini-series".

Those who will be honored at the Annual Awards Banquet will be as follows (based on car counts per division):
Big Cars - Top 5
Richard Petey
Rob Longo
Elliot Wohl
Howie Bott
Chris Felber

Small Cars - Top 3
Dave Bentley Jr.
John Saccomandi
Melissa Simms

TRUX - 1st Place
Jeff Gregor

Congratulations to the above mentioned drivers for completing the Wall Stadium NEETS Mini-Enduro-Series...and thank you to all the drivers who supported the series during the 2009 Mini-Enduro-Series!

These drivers are invited to attend the Annual Awards Banquet and will all receive trophies for their efforts! (Must be present to receive awards.)

Thank you all and we are looking forward to another great season of racing at Wall Stadium!

....remember, the Run Waht Ya Brung is scheduled for November 29th!!!

EnduroFromDE
10-26-2009, 06:18 PM
??? I just read on SounthJerseyDirtRacing.com That there is a NEETS race at Wall on Novemeber 8th? Is this correct. I thought there was a charity benefit that day. Look at the bottom of this page this was posted at 9:22 this morning???

http://walltownship.southjerseydirtracing.com/DisplayNewsRelease.asp?ForumID=44&Msgid=25110&page=1

CJfilms
10-26-2009, 06:25 PM
....typo.....I thought the same thing..... You did what I did....it actually reads "this Sunday, November 8th"

RocknRoll
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM
....remember, the Run Waht Ya Brung is scheduled for November 29th!!!

Also, Sunday, Nov. 29th is a rain date for the Turkey Derby Friday/Saturday events so you might want to consider a Plan "B" so we don't go through the confusion we went through this past weekend.......:confused:

CJfilms
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
Plan B = Joe finishes the balding process......

310fig8
10-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Joe. I just want to understand the "Run What You Brung" race. If I have a regular NEETs legal car I would stand no chance in the race. What is legal and what is not legal for it. I'm sorry you had to cancel this upcoming Sundays race, we were planning to run it. Oh well LOL.

17Racer
10-27-2009, 01:16 PM
it can be any full fendered stock bodied car. no motor rule, no weight rule, no suspension rule. the only rule is that you must be on a DOT tire. and pass New Jersey safety tech.

mcstockcar
10-27-2009, 05:27 PM
Well at least I dont have to rush to get the car done by Sunday!

RocknRoll
10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
it can be any full fendered stock bodied car. no motor rule, no weight rule, no suspension rule. the only rule is that you must be on a DOT tire. and pass New Jersey safety tech.

So, does that mean any street stock or late model is eligible????

richardpetey
10-27-2009, 06:46 PM
Any size rim and tire, as long as its a DOT tire?....................:rolleyes:
I take it we can't use any plastic bodied racecar......................;)
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
10-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Hey Mr Petey, are you coming on the 29th? Me and the boys are bringing our riverhead grand for sh&ts and giggles, should be fun and hopefully in won't rain!!

richardpetey
10-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes Mr. Weezer, as long as NEETS runs and officiates the event I'll be making an appearance...................:p
Don't know what car I'll bring just yet, but the race should be alotta fun..........................:applause:
Just gotta get a few clarifications on the rules, don't wanna get DQ'ed, hehe.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
10-27-2009, 09:17 PM
No plastic race bodies....Late Model or street stock would be allowed IF IT HAS A FULL FENDERED STEEL BODY....no fiberglass fenders or sheet metal cut out to look like the stock body.

Obviously, the "no fiberglass" means no aftermarket racing body parts.....if a car comes stock with a FG part...so be it.

Also.....anyone planning on attending PLEASE PRE-REGISTER!!! If we don't know you are coming, we won't be expecting you and therefore we may not have a transponder for you........ erinb@neetsracing.com

Buckshot11
10-27-2009, 09:43 PM
Yes Mr. Weezer, as long as NEETS runs and officiates the event I'll be making an appearance...................:p
Don't know what car I'll bring just yet, but the race should be alotta fun..........................:applause:
Just gotta get a few clarifications on the rules, don't wanna get DQ'ed, hehe.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I say you throw a BIG A$$ motor in the truck you got.

richardpetey
10-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Almost have the trux ready to roll, needs a few more adjustments.....................:help:
After I get'er set-up and running OK, think I'm gonna look for a short bed S-10and flip the drivetrain, just to see the handling difference between the long and short beds..........................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

don38
10-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Almost have the trux ready to roll, needs a few more adjustments.....................:help:
After I get'er set-up and running OK, think I'm gonna look for a short bed S-10and flip the drivetrain, just to see the handling difference between the long and short beds..........................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Soooo much better.:wave:

richardpetey
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Gotta feelling that the winner of the Nov.29th race is gonna be the guy/gal who has the most innovative tire/rim combo.................:rolleyes:
A 600hp motor ain't gonna be able to get its power to the track without being looooooose as a goose.......................:eek:
Some creative engineering on the suspension ain't gonna hurt either............................:help:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Poppop
10-30-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't know how I'm going to get an 800 hp. 4 cylinder in that little pumpkin of mine but those 175-70 R 13"s should take it.:lol: