PDA

View Full Version : Title

Poppop
10-29-2009, 06:12 AM
I'm sure that this has been addressed here before but I'm new so bear with me.;) I'm looking for a new car for next year and have found a few that will work for me but have no title. Not a problem because it will never go on the road but when I get finished with it where can I scrap it if there isn't a title? Don't the junk yards require a title to take a car? I always had enough left of my untitled cars to sell to other racers that it was never an issue. But I expect to wear out an Enduro car.:confused:

Danger83Ranger
10-29-2009, 08:08 AM
there is a place about 2.5 hours north of Pottstown, PA. I will have to look into it. I took a car there 2 years ago because my girlfriend lost the title after she wrecked the car. I will see if i can dig up the name and address of the place and send it to you.

Buckshot11
10-29-2009, 10:12 AM
I know out here in LI Gershow will take it. You just have to fill out some paper work and show them your license. They take down the VIN number.

CJfilms
10-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Poppop....email me, I have details for a company that will buy the car from you regardless of title...

joe@neetsracing.com

mcstockcar
10-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Junk it in Jersey.... No titles required unless its new(er) and suspious.

DerbyN8-128
10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Some scrap yards around here take a car as long as it doesn't "look stolen"

I asked what they meant by that, she pointed at my derby car on the trailer and said "That's not stolen."

Pollock in Pottstown will take cars without titles as long as they no longer resemble a street worthy car (roof crushed flat and no wheels on it)

NeetsSpectator
10-29-2009, 05:45 PM
Steal a car, run it in an enduro, take it to the scrap yard.
Uh-oh, Did I uncover something here?:lol: