PDA

View Full Version : Mutha Tech'er

CJfilms
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
As was discussed at the previous race driver's meeting, the top running cars for the day will be strictly tech'd post race.

On a side note, I have been discussing the idea of pre-race tech on a few top running cars to assure legality before they get out on the track...

Just like the Fem-Duro, our tech officials will be thoroughly checking these cars:
1 - Any previous winner...
2 - The dominant cars on the track...

Obviously you know if you fall into category #1.
Category #2 is kind of general....we will be sitting down to come up with a game plan based on reviewing the seasons races on both DVD and mylaps reports. I will notify these drivers individually.

What will be teched?
The obvious...springs, rears, vacuum, etc...
The not so obvious....we'll let you know.

What do we need from you?
1 - Any driver that is subject to this pre-race tech must arrive before 9AM (9:15 buffer, call us and let us know where you are).
2 - Must have all appropriate tools required to remove engine parts such as valve covers, springs, etc... (you may not have to remove such parts pre-race, but if noted, you may be forced to do so post-race).
3 - Your regular car, your regular motor. No back-up cars, no spare motors for this race....the car you have used all season is the one we want.

If a driver fails to comply/cannot comply with these rules, they may be subject to a non-points/non-payout race that day....so be ready.

As it has been said at the driver's meeting, on the info page and now here...there is no leniency for this race. Print out a fresh copy of the NEETS Rulebooks and go over your car. If there is anything out of line, DQ....no one will be given a 'chance to fix it for next time'....this is the last race of 2009, there is no next time....

If anyone has any questions about this, feel free to email me....this does not mean panic unless you know that you have been cheating....then yes, time to panic.

ONE NOTE!!! I have had a couple of people ask me if we were pulling intakes off after the Mutha....no....valve covers yes, not intakes. I am sorry I misstated that. It is just too dirty and the chance to ruin a motor is way too high to do this at the track.

Poppop
10-29-2009, 11:21 AM
:confused:For as long as I've been around cars I should know but just bear with me please. Where do you check the vacuum and what does it indicate, either under or over?:confused: Not that I fall into a category that would be checked anyhow.:lol::lol:

EnduroFromDE
10-29-2009, 11:39 AM
They will pull off any vacuum line and check it with their tool. You must pull 17 or higher to pass. Most cars (4 cyl anyways) are electronicly control and unless you have a special cam or something internal you should be fine. Just another question to add, this is for both divisions correct, not JUST the big cars?

CJfilms
10-29-2009, 11:43 AM
That is correct Mr. Weatherman.... As well as the vacuum question Poppop asked....most 4 cylinders are electronically controlled, so unless you swap computers/chips, they should automatically pull the proper vacuum.

gutter7
10-29-2009, 03:41 PM
Why in the world would you post this topic? To me it sounds like you know some guys are shady and need a heads up.

Danger83Ranger
10-29-2009, 03:47 PM
lol good point. hey Al, will Kurt be back in the Late Models next year? I heard you guys are going back to mods.

gutter7
10-29-2009, 03:51 PM
They're supposed to be picking up another late model for him for next year. one that will work at the hill. He still has the two mods in the garage,no motors though.
We did the mid week mod. shows this year with a 7 season old 9-1 motor...not much fun

Erin C
10-29-2009, 04:33 PM
The top 6 went through a pre race tech (in addition to the safety inspection) during the femduro without warning once already...everyone knows about the strict post race tech that will be happening after the Mutha but that is for the top 5-10 (depending on counts) post race. It is easy for someone to fall into the 6-11 position and maintain their points by avoiding tech. By calling people in early (and we need them in there early because of the early start to get this all done) we can ensure the legality of the car based on visible tech, noting things that may be looked/torn down at post race tech whether in the top 5-10 or not. It is not a heads up it is a "your points are on the line even if you don't make it in the paying positions". If found illegal pre race they will not be competing for points/purse.

The battle is close in both classes and we want to feel confident that the persons winning the championship are well deserving.

CJfilms
10-29-2009, 08:05 PM
One main reason Al....

I want everyone who has some little hairs on the back of their necks standing up right now to worry about this last race.

If anyone has been sliding past tech unnoticed or with something illegal, it will be caught this race. And this is the big one, big money-big points. This is not the race anyone wants to be DQ'd from and lose out of a championship, top ten, or big money.

I put this post up here as a friendly warning.....that is all.

richardpetey
10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
NEETS officials better be checking for tire cutter bumpers......................:(
I'm gonna have to buy a tire franchise pretty soon to pay for all my tires that were cut down the last 4 races................:eek:
I'm TIRED of changing flats, hehe......................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...........................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
10-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Im with you 100% Petey. Ive been fortunate enuff to not have any tires cut down all year until the last race. Im not mad about it, but there are a lot of cars running cut bumpers sticking out. They should be turned in or wrapped around to the fender. I actually avoid cars that have these sharp bumpers. I shouldnt have to go out of my way to stay away from these cars. We should be able to run fender to fender and not have to worry so much about this topic. I know there are other factors to cut a tire, accidents happen. I usally dont have any pit crew to change a tire most of the time. Thankfully there are some very giving racers willing to help when there car is down. Thanks to all.

critter
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
im kinda hopin that little blk and green car gets to be in the tech line after the race , that would end my rookie yr just great :wave:

Poppop
11-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Now I don't expect to be in the top seven, but if I keep my nose clean it could happen. With all the radio problems that have occured, how will you let the ones that have to go thru tec. after the race know to go to the infield? I didn't even know we were close to the end last time till I saw the two rolled up flags, let alone know that I was in the top ten. You have a plan, right?:confused:

Erin C
11-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Drivers are stopped on the track by the closest official or before they exit the track. I always give them an extra car # just in case there is a DQ so they know who to look for or even keep on the infield just in case. There is time between the races while transponder checks are going on to ensure we have all drivers...There's no need to worry, I am the "eye in the sky" making sure we get everyone :p