PDA

View Full Version : Nov,29 Race

GREASELAND
11-01-2009, 01:15 PM
I was at the Oct24 race at wall stadium talking about the run what ya brung race and hardly anyone knew about it.How are you going to get cars that way?Not everyone reads the message boards:confused:
If the Turkey Derby rains out and they have it on 11/29 will there be another date?I'm not working on any cars(might bring 3) until I know there's going to be a race.Also how about a race on New Years day.I know it's been done at other tracks.
(the Hangover 100:cheers:)

Erin C
11-02-2009, 03:50 PM
There are other drivers other than the FS division that are invited...we have posts everywhere on the JAM and there is some interest in the Grands division in making the trip. In order to be a successful series not only do WE need to spread the word in the extent that we are able to (there are only so many hours in each day for both Joe and I and there are only so many places we can be at once) which is reaching out to those on the message boards (Wall, BDR, SJDR, LI JAM, NEETS, Pocono Thunder, RaceNY and so on) and spreading the word that way. Interest can also be generated from people spreading the word as well...and just by talking about it to a few drivers gets more interest going because they will then talk to people who will talk to other people and so forth. We had a weekend "off" this past weekend so Joe and I took the trip to SVS's final Enduro Race of the season and talked to a bunch of people about our final 2 races.

As for the rain date, Joe and Jim need to work out the details, I say it is highly unlikely that a rain date will be needed because November is not a rainy month like late September and all throughout October...its always good to have a back up plan and that is what Joe and Jim need to work on.

Finally, for that last suggestion about a Jan 1 race, its a good idea but we don't call the shots on dates at Wall. In addition to that, I do enjoy seeing my family for the holidays since I do not have the luxury of seeing them on a regular basis with living so far away from them and having a race or something going on with the cross promotion/charity functions nearly every weekend...so that weekend would be out of the question for us...I keep the days that I set aside for family time as my #1 priority...it would be "NEET" though...kind of similar to our "Beaters with heaters" race we had when we ran asphalt at Mountain, it was always the first weekend in January.

CJfilms
11-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Info PAge is online!!!

Sorry for the delay....I wanted to make sure I ironed out everything first, and I'm not positive I even did that!!! LOL!!!

http://www.neetsracing.com/events/11-29-09info.htm

FSracer9
11-04-2009, 08:30 PM
is there a four cylinder enduro also?

Erin C
11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
YES!! It is open comp for ALL divisions! we have 3 divisions running, 4cyl, 6/8cyl, AND Trux!! Bring it on!!!

FSracer9
11-04-2009, 09:18 PM
if i was worried about completely demolishing the street stock i'd throw some street tires on it haha. maybe i'll just bring the 4 cylinder down to play

Erin C
11-04-2009, 09:23 PM
YAY! Make sure you read the NJ safety rules! Also, send me an email when you want to register for this and the Mutha! I need to get a head count on how many transponders we will need and a head start on how the line up will look at the Mutha!

WEEZER
11-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Will there be fuel at the track or do you have to bring your own?

richardpetey
11-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey Anthony! Usually the fuel truck is at Wall on their regularly scheduled shows but not at the NEETS enduros...................:rolleyes:
Gotta bring your nitro-methane, hehe..................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

WEEZER
11-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks Petey, were coming down early sat morn to watch the mighty mods so maybe we can get in the pits and get our rocket fuel then, BTW did you see Mr. Ray Fitz is coming to play too!! This should be a really good time.

richardpetey
11-09-2009, 05:32 PM
Talked to Ray Sunday, good hearing from him and its always a pleasure racing with him........................:cheers:
See ya there Anthony..................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
11-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Ray.......hmmmm.......

I think Ray likes to play the games he knows he can win! Doesn't Ray have a pretty solid NEETS record? :-B

This should be an interesting race indeed! I have a feeling there will be a L O T of action to go around this day.....I hope everyone who plans on attending starts sending in their pre-registrations!

See you then!

richardpetey
11-11-2009, 12:42 PM
Your right Joe! There have been only three NEETS big car champions and he's one of them.....................;)
He runs hard and clean and is one of the best guys I've ever raced against/with.......................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tstiles
11-11-2009, 01:15 PM
what rear gear is a good starting point ?? any help would be nice. th350 trans and an 86 inch tire

CJfilms
11-11-2009, 03:48 PM
.....The best gear to use is the PRE-REGISTRATION GEAR!!! We need everyone to gear up and let us know theyt are coming so that WE can prepare for this event too!

erinb@neetsracing.com

As for an actual answer to your question Terry, ask Petey or Rick (rick@neetsracing.com) as they have both have racing experience on the high banks!

richardpetey
11-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Hey Terry! Whats going on?.................:p
Wall Stadium likes a final drive between 6.10 and 6.30...............;)
So do what you gotta do to get it, for example; if you have a 4.10 rear and a 1.52 second gear in your trans. your final drive is about 6.23..............:)
Your tires will dictate the sweet spot for your RPM, the bigger the tire diameter the less peak RPM your gonna use down the straights and visa/versa.........:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

310fig8
11-12-2009, 07:59 AM
Speaking about tires, is there a width rule on this race or just that they have to be D O T?

Erin C
11-12-2009, 09:37 AM
They have to be "street approved" DOT tires...There are really only 3 rules for this race all described on the info page:

http://www.neetsracing.com/events/11-29-09info.htm

1. Must pass NJ Safety rules
2. Must be steel bodied and/or have stock fenders (no aftermarket body parts or race bodies. No fabricated sheet metal fenders. No tire cutters)
3. All cars must have Street Approved DOT Tires (No racing tires or Towel Re-treads. No American Racing Tires with DOT Stamp. Tires with DOT stamp must be approved for street use, any tire that reads "For racing purposes only" will not be permitted.)

Engine, Suspenion and Transmission are OPEN COMP! :cheers:

bigell14
11-24-2009, 01:41 AM
if you run that high of a gear your motor might not make 150-200 laps... I learned for the distance races a final gear between 5.17 and 5.80 is what keeps the r's down and is relaible.

I run a 6.03 to 6.20 in my late model 7200-7800 rpm
6.14 or 6.20 in my street 6600 -7000rpm
and 5.79 in my enduro and touching 5200 rpm...

richardpetey
11-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey brother! You better carry a little bigger gear...............:help:
You'll need it with the "space shuttle" mounted on your roof.............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
11-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Those pictures I saw are insane...:help: