PDA

View Full Version : Monkey see, monkey don't!

M T Pockets
11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Okay seasons over and just a few comments. There have been many instances where the powers at be have told us certain changes were being made to align us with Cup, Truck and the Nationwide series. Well, I won't comment one way or another on the reasoning but I have to comment on a couple of things I just read about the truck series. At Martinsville the original rule was for us to change tires on one stop and fuel on another. Just a coinsidence that's what the truck series does or at least up until now. Effective 2010 season it will be back to fuel and tires with the addition of an optional self-venting dump can on the same stop. Eliminates one man over the wall I think. Double file restarts and some other changes. WAKE UP Big Guy's. You should be using the modifieds to set the examples for fan excitement! Look at the history. Bump drafting, as someone said "the mods invented it". Double file re-starts nothing new here except the last ten laps. Fuel and tire stops, yes at NH but it was lost when we lost the true Thompson 300, and the competition cautions at Martinsville and Bristol. Fan Excitement? It's a proven fact that the modifieds provide the most exciting and best racing for the fans at NH then anyother series and other tracks as well. So what is the bottom line to this. You can't emulate, duplicate or substitute the real deal. Copy us if you want but the there's nothing like the real thing. Provide us a fair and equitable purse that we deserve and have us race on a Saturday at your Cup, Truck weekends and not mid-week and you will provide the fans with all the racing excitement they can handle. :cheers: Just 2 cents from M T Pockets

Brian Hawks
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
:applause:

RGeeProductions
11-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I bet Saturday crowds would best Sunday's!

modfan4ever
11-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Very well said M.T. :applause:

Dean9T
11-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Those separate stops for tires and fuel was one of the worst ideas ever!