PDA

View Full Version : Out for the rest of the season

DerbyN8-128
11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
As some of you may already know, Monday I suffered a work related injury to my right knee. I'm a mechanic so at first I shrugged it off as no big deal. After about 20 minutes, my knee was swollen to the size of a soft ball and I could barely bend my leg at all.

I got x-rays taken and it was determined that I had no broken bones. Which is good. However the swelling showed that there still had to be a problem and I was in quite a bit of pain. Tuesday I had an MRI of my knee done, and today I got the results from that. Lucky for me, there are no torn muscles, broken bones, or other wise damaged internal knee parts other than "severely bruised bones" which is the reason for the swelling. I have to be on light duty at work and also have to go through physical theoropy.

Because of all of this, I will NOT be able to race in the November 14th race at Grandview.

I will however be there to watch and most likely hanging out in the pits. I am really bummed out about all of this, but at least I don't need any surgery or anything else extreme.

So...see you guys on the 14th and whoever will be at the Walmart in EastGreenville this weekend, I'll see you guys then.

Nate

Erin C
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
This is horrible news, but I am very glad it wasn't anything too serious. There's always next year =] See you next week and get healed!!!

Poppop
11-05-2009, 04:19 PM
I feel your pain Nate, I had knee trouble too and I know it's no fun. Take good care of it so it heals right, and do exactly what the therapist tells you and you'll be fine.:cheers:

CJfilms
11-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh, just slap a brace on it! LOL.....I feel you on this one too, I have always had bad knees growing up, not that I ever did grow up...

I actually threw my shoulder out at a graduation party a few years back....put me in the same situation, couldn't do much of anything for it - wasn't a candidate for surgey either.....not until it pops out again.... :eek:

Don't worry Nate, we'll be waiting for your return next season...:cool:

CJfilms
11-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Monday I suffered a work related injury to my right knee.

Just goes to show you why shouldn't work nowadays.......

:-B

tbirdracer
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
glad to hear your ok. i had my knee drained twice then operated on. just relax and do what they tell you. next year you'll be able to kick butt again.

richardpetey
11-05-2009, 08:36 PM
You drove hard and put that 4-banger in the top eight...................:cheers:
We wouldn't expect anything less from the #128....................:)
Its tough enough treading water out there on the enduro sea.................:(
Now, even rougher that you boinked your knee.................:mad:
Sometimes, no matter what you do it comes down to luck and fate..................:help:
So hurry up and get well soon Nate........................;)
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM
First of all, thanks everyone:cool:.

This is horrible news, but I am very glad it wasn't anything too serious.

Yeah it's definitely not what I wanted, but before the MRI they were talking surgery or a brace that would have to stay on for 8 months, so I definitely got lucky when it came to the final result.

Take good care of it so it heals right, and do exactly what the therapist tells you and you'll be fine.:cheers:

One thing I definitely need is my knees! :lol: I went to my first therapy session tonight, basically for them to just check out what needs to be fixed. Basically my right leg doesn't bend any where near as far as it should right now because of the fluid in there and stuff. I'm going to do everything they tell me to do and get my knee back to normal asap...you don't even realize you have knees until you can't bend them. :disgusted

Don't worry Nate, we'll be waiting for your return next season...:cool:

I actually have a car half built for next season already. I can't wait for the season to start...and this one isn't even over yet :lol: But yes, I will definitely be returning next year.

DerbyN8-128
11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
glad to hear your ok. i had my knee drained twice then operated on. just relax and do what they tell you. next year you'll be able to kick butt again.

That's one thing I'm still hoping to not have to have done. They are hoping all of my swelling will go down, I guess it is normal for this kind of injury. IF it does not go down, they will have to drain some of it out...I don't want that :lol:

You drove hard and put that 4-banger in the top eight...................:cheers:

Petey...that was great lol.
And that is one thing that definitely is making this harder for me...I did get myself into the 8th spot and now this had to happen right before the biggest points race of the season...BUT, it was my first year doing this form of racing, so I will just have to come back next season and do it again. I came this close to a top 10 season with a car that I rolled in its 3rd race...hopefully next year with a new car and no roll overs (hopefully) I will be racing my way up to the top 10 again

:cheers::cheers:

critter
11-05-2009, 09:44 PM
nate buddy hope all goes well , um if u want ill drive your car ,so u can keep in your points battle , just tryin to help see u sun

DerbyN8-128
11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
nate buddy hope all goes well , um if u want ill drive your car ,so u can keep in your points battle , just tryin to help see u sun

Thanks critter. I have had a few people offer to drive my car for me, unfortunately, and Joe I'm sure would know better than me, the points go to the driver, not the car. So if someone else would drive my car, they would get the points, not me. So I am pretty screwed for the points at this point. It was a fun battle, but I lost the war. :wave:

critter
11-05-2009, 09:59 PM
um i think u should chaeck with joe on that , if someone else can drive it u get the points , i guess will draw straws to see who drives

tbirdracer
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM
hey i could change my name to nate for the weekend if that helps :lol: you had a great year and next year you'll be in the top 5.

Poppop
11-06-2009, 05:30 AM
You didn't loose no stinkin war, you had fun, got a roll over under your belt and didn't get hurt. Thats a win in my book.:applause: Then you had the sense to get hurt at work so your covered under workmans comp. Good job.:applause:

Erin C
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM
Driver gets the points...this is a series where driver's skill is what gets them to the top, not their car.

critter
11-06-2009, 02:46 PM
well that answers that , plus im shorter then nate so i couldnt fool no one lol , get better nate

DerbyN8-128
11-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Driver gets the points...this is a series where driver's skill is what gets them to the top, not their car.

Well it's been all skill for me because it sure as heck hasn't been the car :lol::lol::lol:

My car is my biggest disadvantage

And yeah I'm happy with my season, sucks that it has to end this way but I gave it my best and made it to the top 10 with a car that I feel is junk, obviously so I'm not going to complain.

Plus I will still be at the last race, I am going to leave my car pre registered but going to make a driver change. No point in letting my car sit at home when someone else could be experiencing what it's like to race with NEETS :cheers:

critter
11-06-2009, 04:41 PM
hmmmm how much is this goin to cost to drive your car nate ????? just kiddin wish u where racin