PDA

View Full Version : Transponders for 2010

bulldozer
11-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I know we had a couple topics on this before but lets get into the 21 century. A run down track like mountain has and was able to afford transponders why cant riverhead. Lets bring this up at the early meetings and get this thing rolling for the 2010 year. I heard it cost like 3000 for the machine and the program.Then all we need to do is buy transponders. How many cars do we have at riverhead? Divide that into 3000 and whatever our own transponders cost it wont cost us much. There is no system perfect but this is a lot more perfect then the scores we have. Im not saying they do a bad job because they dont but it will cut down on errors. It will also be so nice for a driver to go up to the booth and see his practice speeds. The speeds in the main event. To know he really was faster this week from last week. You ask any driver out there and im sure they will be willing to put up a couple of bucks to buy this system.81

MSK27
11-05-2009, 04:54 PM
Don't they already have the pickup imbeded in the track?

Richie25
11-05-2009, 06:07 PM
Don't they already have the pickup imbeded in the track?

yes was put in a while ago

Dave A
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Im down!!Come on lets get a STRONG showing in favor of this!! If we dont rally and ask for this they wont bother to do it!!

Hollywood
11-05-2009, 08:51 PM
you may actually get a sponsor for the small amount of money for the transponder....... Just a thought

Ka$h25
11-17-2009, 04:44 AM
How much does the transponder cost? I have to say it was pretty awesome being able to check the boards and see everyones lap times, who was fast in practice and what not. One question would have to be the figure-8's. I suppose we would still need scorers for them, or can the on-track receiver be moved?

310fig8
11-17-2009, 06:28 AM
There are 2 types of transponders for the car. A hard wired one, which I have, and the removable one that needs to be charged every week. The prices run in the $400 range give or take a few bucks. The hard wired ones are a shade less expensive. The loop is buried in the track in the area of the start finish line. It cannot be removed and relocated on a race to race basis such as for the Figure 8. An additional loop would have to be placed in the Figure 8 course if you were going to electronically score the race.

Erin C
11-17-2009, 08:29 AM
The hard wired ones I find to be the better choice of the two. You never have to charge it, you don't have to worry about it dying or being low on battery. You really should replace the rechargeable ones every couple years because like all rechargeable items the longevity of the battery life declines over time. The hard wired ones are cheaper as well and last time I looked I could find more of the hardwired ones on ebay than the rechargeable ones.

It is a good investment if you run at a track that utilizes this scoring system...:cheers:

Turbo
11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I am all for transponders!! It should really be taken into consideration.

Ka$h25
11-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Well then it sounds pretty tough to sell. In the event that all the drivers agree to buy their own, the promoters would have to purchase the extra transponders which Are in the $400+ range. How many are we talking 10? 15? 20? Then they have to pay for the relay on the figure 8 course. And in the end what are they saving? A few headaches and the >$100 they pay scorers.

I think the key would be someone make an agreement that if they buy the figure-8 relay they can be the transponder vendor and make the profit on the rentals. I imagine it would be profitable in time.

Btw how much would the addition relay for the figure-8s cost?

Buckshot11
11-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Lets see who really is interested. Here is a quick survey to see how people feel about it and track the results.

http://www.eastendgranite.com/poll/limesurvey/index.php?sid=57848

I've been in direct contact with AMB. The wire is in the track. The remaining equipment is about $6000 which includes the laptop needed and the training on using it. Another wire is less then $200 (Fig8).

The transponders are $380-$420 brand new. They can be found on ebay from time to time but usually go for more then $300. Most tracks do rent them for varying prices. Also the track can rent the transponders themselves from AMB.
The track can also get a small discount by buying the transponders in bulk.

Please forward this survey to ALL the drivers. If everyone says they want it, how can RH deny it?

Please feel free to respond with any comments or needed changes. :wave:

Buckshot11
11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
WOW...In less then 2 hours 12 surveys are already in. Most people agree so far that they'd like to see transponders and would purchase or already own there own. Keep 'em coming !:cheers:

Buckshot11
11-30-2009, 03:10 PM
Less then 24 hours and 41 responses have be submitted. Please forward this to ALL the drivers so we can get more responses. Current statistics can now be viewed here.

http://www.eastendgranite.com/poll/limesurvey/statistics_user.php?sid=57848&lang=en

Please complete the survey and click submit as there are many uncompleted surveys

Ka$h25
12-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I spoke to someone the other day who seemed sure Riverhead was going to have transponders and I really payed it no mind. Then I was thinking about the Figure 8 time-trials and I don't see how they could do them without the wire in place.

Obviously this isn't anything solid but its worth thinking about.

Buckshot11
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
How about this for Fig.8 time trials ? Start the first lap at the start finish line on the oval, enter turn 1, coming off 2 enter the X, go through the X to turn 4 of the oval around to turn 3, back through the X to turn 1 & 2, go down the backstretch of the oval, through turns 3 & 4 and back to the finish line on the oval. This gives you 2 complete laps. One on the oval and one on the figure 8. Use the total time of both.

Now thats thinking out side the boX :wave:

Tommyj16
12-01-2009, 07:29 PM
as a fig-8 driver that will not work as a you must gear your car different for oval and 8 course good idea though

310fig8
12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
What difference would it make? No one is going to change gears for just the time trials? Everybody will be at the same disadvantage.

DriveitinDeep
12-02-2009, 10:20 AM
back in the day, Joey B. always changed gears (in his tranny) for running heats on the oval and then changed back for the 8. Of course that ain't allowed these days

fisherman
12-02-2009, 05:17 PM
if you don't change gears . be alot of engine parts on the oval about 1/2 way done the straightaway

richardpetey
12-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Time for RH to get into the 20th century......................
Its the only track I've raced at in the last 2 years without a AMB system.......................
Wall doesn't even rent them but they are mandatory equipment if you wanna be scored at their track......
UNCLE PETEY...........

Tommyj16
12-03-2009, 02:33 PM
the fig-8 course is smaller than the oval so we can use a gear that get th rpm's up faster. Now race that gear on oval we you will surpace the safe rpm zone on the 8 about mid straight on the oval so by end on straight like fisherman stated there will be parts and oil all over track. Now some can shift to a lower gear but lets be fair a time trail should on the 8 only. Wwhen was the last fig eight race on oval? 1994 the last night it rianed and the X was soaked cars were going 20 mph slower. Thats not racing.I am not going to say what the ratio guys use as each car is different but that should give you the answer you were looking for

Troyer driver
12-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Question,
If the track has the loop But does not have the decoder / computer / timming software for computer who is going to buy or supply this stuff ???
Its not cheep and we all know how the owners of RR like to invest money on the track OR take away the money like the point fund.
I know, sell more T shirts.

Decoader
http://store.fastlinegroup.com.au/store/product/78/TranX3-Decoder-with-Cabling
Software
http://store.fastlinegroup.com.au/store/category/2/1/ROC-Timing/
Computer
http://www.dell.com/home/desktops
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cheers::cheers: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Buckshot11
12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
Question,
If the track has the loop But does not have the decoder / computer / timming software for computer who is going to buy or supply this stuff ???
Its not cheep and we all know how the owners of RR like to invest money on the track OR take away the money like the point fund.

Decoader
Software
Computer

I'm not sure where your links are headed, but as discussed in previous threads the required hardware is about $6K. This is not a very large cost to Riverhead, you could probably even get a track sponsor to cough up the money. The large amount of money would be in purchasing transponders. This can easily run 10's-of thousands of dollars. But if most people are willing to buy or use their own transponders this will significantly cut down on the up front cost needed by RH. As of now about 60 people would plan on purchasing their own transponders saving RH an upfront cost over $20K. Some people would like to rent transponders as well; this would allow for RH to recoup and make extra money on their investment.

Almost every other track in the tri-state area uses the AMB system, its time for RH to get with the times. This will probably take some persuasion though.

So I ask again...please take the survey (and FWD to ALL drivers) and fill in all information you can. We already have over 62 responses in less then a week from all divisions. I'm sure if enough people voice support for the idea RH will have to at least seriously consider the addition.

Survey:

Current Results:
http://www.eastendgranite.com/poll/limesurvey/statistics_user.php?sid=57848&lang=en

Ka$h25
12-05-2009, 08:31 PM

I don't think that's very fair to say. I think a lot of people misunderstand where the promoters loyalty stands. Their main concern is the fans first, and the drivers come second. They spend money, but it goes to the fans. I believe we had a front gate admission drop this year, we have some of the best bleachers I've seen and a lot of seating. Great PA system. Food/Beer/etc on each side of the track. I imagine they pay a lot of money for things like the Monster Trucks, fireworks twice a year, the drifters probably get paid, I'm sure that message board wasn't cheap though that was quite a few years ago.

Anyway, point is they do spend money, and sure me and you would rather it be spent on stuff like transponders, or resurfacing the track, maybe paving the parking lot lol but I understand why they do what they do.

fisherman
12-06-2009, 08:40 AM
wow kash with a good post:cheers:

Troyer driver
12-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok as for the score board it was installed a long time ago and is sponsored by the advertising that is just above it. This sponorship over time helps off set the cost of the score board and by now im sure it has payed it self off. How long did it not work (bulbs burnt out) and the message part of it only got fixed last season. BTW it still has some non working bulbs. Did RR buy it out right or was it part of a sponorship deal with someone when it was installed ?
The food conession stands are leased out and generate money for the track. No out lay by the owners here. I think that the beer part is run by RR itself and that must be pure profit.
The bleachers are nice but you do need a place for the fans to sit so I guess there are no points added here.
I think The "Loop" was installed so they could have the mod tour race OR by the Go Kart people so no points here.
Was the track not just resurfaced like 7 to 10 years ago? bet you will retire before the next time its done.
The Monster Trucks, fireworks twice a year, and the drifters are all fun to watch and yes is a good investement on the part of RR to bring in the fans.

And your survey, lets look at the math.
In the graph it stats Blue= yes/already own (53%) that is the legends and the 4, 6 and 8 enduro racers. So i take it the largest % is people that allready own or rent at the tarcks they run at (legends) and the most Interested people that would be buying new (or used) are the 4, 6 and 8 enduro racers? If this is true I think you have a hard sell to the fokes at RR. If the survey depected that the mods/ late model, charger, or fig 8 were the largest i would agree but thats not the case. A survey can work for you or hurt your case.

Please read bellow (Its copyed off the web).

Disadvantages of a survey

They depend on subjects’ motivation, honesty, memory, and ability to respond. Subjects may not be aware of their reasons for any given action. They may have forgotten their reasons. They may not be motivated to give accurate answers, in fact, they may be motivated to give answers that present themselves in a favorable light.
Structured surveys, particularly those with closed ended questions, may have low validity when researching affective variables.
Although the chosen survey individuals are often a random sample, errors due to nonresponse may exist. That is, people who choose to respond on the survey may be different from those who do not respond, thus biasing the estimates.
Survey question answer-choices could lead to vague data sets because at times they are relative only to a personal abstract notion concerning "strength of choice". For instance the choice "moderately agree" may mean different things to different subjects, and to anyone interpreting the data for correlation. Even yes or no answers are problematic because subjects may for instance put "no" if the choice "only once" is not available.

Advantages of a survey

It is an efficient way of collecting information from a large number of respondents. Very large samples are possible. Statistical techniques can be used to determine validity, reliability, and statistical significance.
Surveys are flexible in the sense that a wide range of information can be collected. They can be used to study attitudes, values, beliefs, and past behaviors.
Because they are standardized, they are relatively free from several types of errors.
They are relatively easy to administer.
There is an economy in data collection due to the focus provided by standardized questions. Only questions of interest to the researcher are asked, recorded, codified, and analyzed. Time and money is not spent on tangential questions.
Cheaper to run.

As for the 60 people you have why dont you collect the money for the transponders from them now to show the track that in fact there is true intent to do this by the drivers. If it all fall's through that you can just return the money to the drivers.
Untill next time have fun and stay out of the wall.

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Question,

Decoader
Software
Computer

Wow that's kinda ruff, they have a 28 day window to pay employees, taxes which follow a 12 month 365 day window, and race insurance...

Forget the guy that does the painting and other little things all week and the workers.
It may not be great, but they have a issue with time in which to pay out all the bills...

The drifters aren't paid

Track was repaved 12...15 years ago now....

DriveitinDeep
12-06-2009, 12:11 PM
fyi, the track was repaved in the fall of 91

fisherman
12-06-2009, 01:01 PM
rhd does not rent out the FOOD STANDS ONLY THE ICECREAM AND CANDY I KNOW MY SISTER WORKS THERE ALL SUMMER DURING THE WEEK ON SAT FLIPPING THOSE HOCKEY PUCKS OH BURGERS SO TROYER GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT I ALSO RACED FOR OVER 20 YRS BEFORE FAMILY WAS MORE INMPORTANT . SO YOU NEED TO DO MORE HOMEWORK RIGHT KNOW YOU GOT ABOUT A F-:cheers::cheers:

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 04:17 PM
fyi, the track was repaved in the fall of 91

I knew it was longer then 10 years ago... Thanks DID

Troyer driver
12-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Fisherman I will take my F like a man.

Thanks for being the forum homework grader. Here for around the price of a burger and some fries at RR you can upgrade to the following http://www.egrader.net/
Oh BTW there is a keycap (technical name for the key) on your keyboard called "Caps Lock" if you deperss it you will not type in all caps, Plus it is rude. If you need to know more here you can go to http://computer.howstuffworks.com/keyboard.htm
Happy fishing

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cheers: :cheers: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

intense1
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I know we had a couple topics on this before but lets get into the 21 century. A run down track like mountain has and was able to afford transponders why cant riverhead.

HEY...come on, now. :wave:

Buckshot11
12-06-2009, 06:03 PM
The intent of the survey was to see and keep track of the interest or non-interest of using transponders. The secondary part was to see if people were willing to buy their own transponders to help alleviate the tracks of up front cost.

If 30% of the track said they wanted transponders but no one was willing to buy their own and they would only rent them for $10....well that would be a hard sell to RH.

On the other hand if 95% said they would not only support the use of transponders but also purchase their own, SIGNIFICANTLY cutting down the upfront cost to RH (from $60K+ to $10K) while also having a small rental group (to recoup $$), we might have half a chance.

Yes the Legends and Truck Enduros have the largest # of votes at this time with 10 each willing to buy/own. The next group is the Late Models at 7 and FIg 8's at 5. The distribution is actually pretty evenly distributed through out all divisions. Also you need to consider percentages not actual votes. How many Mod's were out there on a regular basis last year, 17? That means almost 25% (There is actually 4 responses) have answered. I'd say thats a pretty good response after only a week, in the off season. So I'm not sure I understand where you are going with this. But consider this: The mods only have between 15-20 cars, the enduros have 50+ per division. The enduros present the BEST oportiuntiy for the track to generate extra income from transponder rentals on Enduro's alone. Lets just say they rent 50 xponders at $25 a piece. Thats $1250. The equipment is paid for in the first year.
Think of the time saved during after race "position card check" also.

I'm not saying its going to happen, I wouldnt bet a single $1 on it, and I'll bet on anything:lol:, but I feel we should try if the majority is interested in it. Then again I guess it would be easier to sit on the couch & do nothing until May and then bitc h all next year about how they do nothing right.:mad:

So I ask you this Mr. Negative Internet searcher: What do you propose we do? I am more then open to any other ideas including enhancing the survey or approaching this issue from any other angle?

Interesting facts as of now:
Out of 69 responses only 2 people are against it.
92% of people would purchase or use their own.
EVERY division has expressed interest in using the system.

:cheers::cheers:

Buckshot11
12-06-2009, 06:05 PM
HEY...come on, now. :wave:

And they work beautifully dont they Mike?:wave:

fisherman
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
Fisherman I will take my F like a man.

Thanks for being the forum homework grader. Here for around the price of a burger and some fries at RR you can upgrade to the following http://www.egrader.net/
Oh BTW there is a keycap (technical name for the key) on your keyboard called "Caps Lock" if you deperss it you will not type in all caps, Plus it is rude. If you need to know more here you can go to http://computer.howstuffworks.com/keyboard.htm
Happy fishing

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :cheers: :cheers: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

damm you don,t have 1 good post about rhd in all your posts ever on this forum.:mad::wave::cheers:

Ka$h25
12-07-2009, 12:56 AM
All I meant was that they have been willing to spend money in the past. It's just much more likely they spend it on the fans, before the drivers. And transponders don't really benefit the fans much. Personally for that kind of money there are a couple things I'd rather see over transponders. A paved side entrance for one, an actual security staff in the pits second, better pit bathrooms...

Transponders would be awesome but the current system isn't really a negative.

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
All I meant was that they have been willing to spend money in the past. It's just much more likely they spend it on the fans, before the drivers. And transponders don't really benefit the fans much. Personally for that kind of money there are a couple things I'd rather see over transponders. A paved side entrance for one, an actual security staff in the pits second, better pit bathrooms...

Transponders would be awesome but the current system isn't really a negative.

I do have to agree with most of the theory behind that. But some of the details can be argued.;)

It can be better for the fans. It will allow the enduro program to run much quicker. I know your mostly a Sat night fan, but sitting through an entire enduro even can get quite lengthy. :(

As for the track, while I would like to see all the things you mentioned above as well, none of them will generate short term income. It could be argued that they contribute to the overall track atmosphere bringing in more fans in the long term, generating more income from admission. But in the short term its just out of pocket expense. On the other hand the investment in a transponder system should show a return within the first year. After that maybe they could use the generated income to continue with improving projects around the rest of the track as you mentioned. Sounds like a no brainier to me.:applause:

With the continually growing support for this I just do not understand how they can ignore the situation. But we all know that would be no change in the current management of the track:lol:

Once again:

Current Results:

71 responses. Please give us your input. It can be anonymous if you choose.
It will take less then 15 seconds.

hollywoodmic
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Question,

Decoader
Software
Computer

Hey Troyer Driver are you sure the promoters took away the point funds???? You should get your facts straight before making such comments. Speaking of facts...... What Troyer did you ever drive??

kleilamotorsports
12-07-2009, 01:25 PM
There hasn't been a point fund from the track in 2 years now!

Ka$h25
12-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Thats a good point, it would probably do wonders for the enduros. Full results, and instantly, plus there's no more element of scorers cheating. Thats a big factor I didn't really consider. And I'd imagine the enduros bring in a lot of revenue.

Again I'd love to see it, but I can understand if it doesn't happen. But it's always awesome to see someone take the initiative and really try to get something done. Good luck Buckshot.

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Just some screen shots for people who have not seen mylaps print outs. I'm sure all divisions would be interested in this type of information. But yes it does do the most in making Enduros run easier.:wave:

Thanks for the support Ka$h:cheers:

http://www.eastendgranite.com/MyLaps/
Thumbnails are to small

Golf Guy
12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Thats a good point, it would probably do wonders for the enduros. Full results, and instantly, plus there's no more element of scorers cheating. Thats a big factor I didn't really consider. And I'd imagine the enduros bring in a lot of revenue.

Again I'd love to see it, but I can understand if it doesn't happen. But it's always awesome to see someone take the initiative and really try to get something done. Good luck Buckshot.

Come on people at Riverhead cheat?!??!:rolleyes: Next your going to tell me there is no Santa Clause. LOL

Tower Man
12-09-2009, 10:27 AM
Good point Hollywood. The track point fund came from tire sales.

The NASCAR Point Fund still pays out. Finish in the top 20 in points and you get a check from NASCAR.

JH6868
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
That's true, "NASCAR" still does pay out point fund money. However, in the past the promoters would solicit money from sponsors and vendors for a point fund. This is something we don't see anymore. Now they take that money and put in " THEIR " pocket. The competitors shouldn't have to collect money from themselves for a point fund like the fine job Leah and others did this year. They could take their profit from the tires and put that into a point fund.

RGeeProductions
12-09-2009, 01:26 PM
That's true, "NASCAR" still does pay out point fund money. However, in the past the promoters would solicit money from sponsors and vendors for a point fund. This is something we don't see anymore. Now they take that money and put in " THEIR " pocket. The competitors shouldn't have to collect money from themselves for a point fund like the fine job Leah and others did this year. They could take their profit from the tires and put that into a point fund.

So, the track puts that money in their pockets now you say? Funny, additional money was charged per tire for the track point fund. That extra money wasn't charged this year, so not sure what money you are speaking of.

JH6868
12-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Do really think the track isn't being compensated by Hoosier to be the exclusive track tire? The modified teams are paying more for a spec tire than series like the MODIFIED RACING SERIES are for a much better tire. I'm sure Hoosier pays the track to be the exclusive tire at the track and TS pays them to be the exclusive dealer. $5.00 shouldn't have to be ADDED to the cost for a point fund.

Troyer driver
12-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Hollywoodmic,
Regarding what "Troyer" I have driven S/N 007812. lets see if you can do some homework.
Good luck
See ya on hollywood and Vine

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: :cheers::cheers: :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

W. J.
12-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Good point Hollywood. The track point fund came from tire sales.

The NASCAR Point Fund still pays out. Finish in the top 20 in points and you get a check from NASCAR.
The point fund was also "Enhanced" with money from fines, if any were levied. Does that still go to Nascar to add to the fund, or did it go someplace else?

hollywoodmic
12-10-2009, 08:02 AM
JH6868, they don't own the racetrack to give us the privilege to drive on it. It's a business. Why should they take "their" money and give it back, if they get money from Hoosier for an exclusive, they should be able to keep it. It's their place, not ours. What profit do they make from the tires?? The only one profiting from the tires is TS, and let me tell you after expenses they don't profit much either.

Why would they give their fees for vendors, sponsors, or anything they make money on, Why would they give that to the competitors?? They own the business, they should be able to make the money. I do know they make money, I know in business I try to make as much as I can as well, why begrudge them that??

At the end of the day, they pay for staff of about 30 people, NASCAR Sanctioning fees, purses, insurance, electric, taxes, ambulances and EMTs, and so on, every week. What they get from Hoosier may cover one week of these expenses. if that.

If it was so easy to own, and so profitable there would be more than one racetrack on Long Island. Remember the stands are not as full as they used to be so it's harder to make money now a days.

I know all of this has nothing to do with transponders.

WJ did we have any fines this year?? If so when you split it between 7 or 8 divisions what does it really pay??

As for Troyer Driver, I guess your name isn't Aron Tate as your profile suggests. I've never heard of an Aron Tate driving a modified. If I'm wrong you weren't very memorable. So you may just be another negative person hiding behind a sceen name.

Steve Halpin

W. J.
12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
I wasn't questioning how much was collected in fines (and there was some, at least at the beginning of the season), I was just wondering where the money collected from those went. It was always my understanding that money from fines was added to the point fund, and since there is none, I was just curious where it goes to then.

Ka$h25
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I think a lot of fines turned into suspensions this year because of the hard times. It's tough for a driver to pay a $200 fine just so he can come spend another couple hundred at the race track that week. If you suspend a guy, you're really saving him money, and with the point fund where it is, you're really not losing much by losing the points.

As for Hoosier I believe they pulled their point fund sponsorship for a pretty good reason. The rest goes as it's been said. Sure they get money from Hoosier to be the official track tire, but why should the drivers have any entitlement to that?

MSK27
12-30-2009, 05:29 PM
Did Hoosier pay into the point fund or did Formac pay?

SuperShafts
12-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Do really think the track isn't being compensated by Hoosier to be the exclusive track tire? The modified teams are paying more for a spec tire than series like the MODIFIED RACING SERIES are for a much better tire. I'm sure Hoosier pays the track to be the exclusive tire at the track and TS pays them to be the exclusive dealer. $5.00 shouldn't have to be ADDED to the cost for a point fund.

Why do you think hoosier is paying RR...

What and why would hoosier pay RR, what would be the reason...

I sell many things and I don't get paid to sell it, even the stuff i exclusively sell others don't i still have to buy in, and then maintain a particular number they like or i lose the percentage off the list price.....

I have no idea how you figure Hoosier is paying RR... TS had to buy in and then maintain a certain number to get a certain percent off list...
Other places get better pricing because they sell more...

It's like going to the manufacture direct, they sell to you at list.... the dealers sells to you below list according to how much they buy, buy more, better percent off better price to the customer... this is why some places have better prices..
No paying the track to have there product there...
Maybe if RR had national tv coverage they might do something...

So the $5 would be on top of cost for the point fund...

Ka$h25
01-04-2010, 12:36 AM
Why do you think hoosier is paying RR...

What and why would hoosier pay RR, what would be the reason...

I sell many things and I don't get paid to sell it, even the stuff i exclusively sell others don't i still have to buy in, and then maintain a particular number they like or i lose the percentage off the list price.....

I have no idea how you figure Hoosier is paying RR... TS had to buy in and then maintain a certain number to get a certain percent off list...
Other places get better pricing because they sell more...

It's like going to the manufacture direct, they sell to you at list.... the dealers sells to you below list according to how much they buy, buy more, better percent off better price to the customer... this is why some places have better prices..
No paying the track to have there product there...
Maybe if RR had national tv coverage they might do something...

So the $5 would be on top of cost for the point fund...

Try making profit at Riverhead Raceway then tell me what you think.

I believe SAFER was shut down years ago from selling raffle tickets in the grandstands.

It's just business. Try going to Home Depot and setting up a lemonade stand.

Edit: Obviously I mean the selling of the Raffle tickets was shut down, not SAFER itself.

Ka$h25
01-04-2010, 12:38 AM
At one time, they collected (charged an extra) $5 per tire towards the point fund, when there was one.

Didn't they also do some kind of match for point fund? Like matched every $5 extra?

FERGBIZZ
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
are you insinuating that TK paid alotta fines? lol

RGeeProductions
01-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Didn't they also do some kind of match for point fund? Like matched every $5 extra?

For some reason, I do remember that happening one year.....a ways back....

RickFigure8
01-05-2010, 05:26 AM
I know it's going way back but Formac was mentioned here and at one time they gave a free tire to the driver in each division with the most points each month. I received one in 86 driving the charger. It was one of the two new tires we put on the car that year, lol.

Tower Man
01-06-2010, 09:59 AM
I once fined TK $10,000! Yes 10 G's, ask him and withing 15 minutes he had a check. I kid you not. Jerry Cook reduced it to $100 later in the week. I should add that to my book while doing a re-write in a couple of chapters.

SuperShafts
01-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Try making profit at Riverhead Raceway then tell me what you think.

I believe SAFER was shut down years ago from selling raffle tickets in the grandstands.

It's just business. Try going to Home Depot and setting up a lemonade stand.

Edit: Obviously I mean the selling of the Raffle tickets was shut down, not SAFER itself.

Not what i am saying at all...

Why would hoosier, not TS, pay riverhead raceway...

Why would home depot get involved in a lemonade stand.... home depot doesn't sell lemonade, now if you were selling tools they carry, or a competitors now they have an issue...
You never sold your kids school candy at home depot....

You can set up a lemonade stand right in front of my door, sell candy too... as long as you don't play with driveshafts and rears and some performance stuff, your little draw would help me as mine would help you....

53ny
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
The snow at SNOWDANCE didnt cause any confusion,arguments ,or disputes with their scoring system..:cheers:.....AMB transponders did their job,a finishing order that is decided by TECHNOLOGY,and not TRICKERY(fancy scoring).:eek:...Cant see any downfall to RIVERHEAD investing in a system that will provide the racer/fan with lap times ,speed,and a peice of mind that they werent cheated.:disgusted.:*-(..(at least with scoring)..53ny:cool:

art11758
01-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Hey, what happened to the discussion about transponders? After watching them work, even in snow and ice at SVS this past weekend, I am a fan of using them! :):):)

This is a thread about transponders? Damn. I was expecting any minute an announcement about a lemonade stand opening soon in Islandia.

catfish
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
In this weather it would more than likely be a frozen ice stand!!!!!:lol::lol:

Tower Man
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Hey W.J. yes the book is pure fiction, but the T.K. story would work cause no one would believe it. He also took a folding chair and waited at the gate. Track security wanted to call the police and I told them not too. AS I walked by T.K he said, "See ya tomorrow at the bar-b-que". I said okay.

310fig8
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Hey Tower...Speaking of Bar B Que, My dealing fingers are getting very itchy!!!

Dave A
01-07-2010, 05:56 PM
If no transponder system they should allow scorer in free!!

rydogg97
01-07-2010, 07:05 PM
now thats thinking!!! dave hit the nail on the head. have scorer sign in at back gate and get in free. great idea:cheers:

SuperShafts
01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
The snow at SNOWDANCE didnt cause any confusion,arguments ,or disputes with their scoring system..:cheers:.....AMB transponders did their job,a finishing order that is decided by TECHNOLOGY,and not TRICKERY(fancy scoring).:eek:...Cant see any downfall to RIVERHEAD investing in a system that will provide the racer/fan with lap times ,speed,and a peice of mind that they werent cheated.:disgusted.:*-(..(at least with scoring)..53ny:cool:

I concur....

Ka$h25
01-09-2010, 01:59 PM
Well technically a scorer doesn't need a pit pass right?

Dave A
01-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I guess thats why they dont get a scoreing system.. probably about $700. extra they are guaranteed to get, each time my class runs and roughly $4000. all the enduros bring in! Its bull**** because my scorer (wife) would go and pay nomatter what..and im sure everyone elses would too..so they are only making us all unhappy about it! just my 2 bits!:cheers:

Golf Guy
01-09-2010, 05:54 PM
I seriously do not think the price of an admission is the reason the race track does not have a transponder system. Think about it. A scorer can score more than 1 race so the theory of a scorer for every car in dollars would not work. Also, renting the transponders to each enduro competitor would generate income as well.
I could be wrong, but I think the initial start up costs of this system in a recession economy could be a big reason?

art11758
01-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm sure this has been answered before, but, what do the individual units cost?

Ka$h25
01-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I seriously do not think the price of an admission is the reason the race track does not have a transponder system. Think about it. A scorer can score more than 1 race so the theory of a scorer for every car in dollars would not work.

Exactly. Plus, no one is going and paying $40 just so they can score.

Tower Man
01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Good Point Golf Guy.

Dave A
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
Yes your right Golf Guy:cheers:

310fig8
01-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Art. I paid about $400 for mine. It is a hardwired unit. No need to charge the battery every week.

art11758
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks Bill. A lil steep but you only buy it once. I can see why a track operator might be reluctant to invest though.

Ka$h25
01-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Art. I paid about $400 for mine. It is a hardwired unit. No need to charge the battery every week.

I don't have first hand knowledge but I was told they could be had for as little as $100 used.

bulldozer
01-20-2010, 02:43 PM
If you cant afford the transponder DONT RACE. Save your money for bills and your mortgage. Plain and simple. You shouldnt be racing if you cant afford 400.Stay home please.

chargerthunder
01-20-2010, 04:55 PM
thats quite an arrogant and selfish comment CHAMP....maybe you can use the THOUSANDS of dollars in sponosorship you get every year to supply us small budget teams for our trandsponders....unreal.:mad:

Tommyj16
01-20-2010, 05:48 PM
I have to agree. If you have noticed car counts have SUCKED and so have the crowds. So people are staying home. and to race for no pt fund also sucks we are racing for plastic 20 dollar trophy. so spending an extra 400 may just keep those low buget teams home and we may have 5 to 10 car fields nice way to go.

RacinRob
01-20-2010, 06:18 PM
:disgusted sorry to say chris 400 bucks just is not in the budget for me either...i have one sponsor that gets me a few sets of tires...otherwise its all out of pocket.

SS123
01-20-2010, 06:28 PM
some people can barely afford tires every week, and you want to buy a $400 transponder or stay home!?!? thats real smart! keep killing car counts! if anything we should thinking of ways to CUT COSTS!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::cheers::cheers::cheers:

nflobster
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
i agree with chris on this one. you can get one if you look hard enough used at a good price. it may sound arrogant but it takes money to race. if the track was willing to use the transponders (last year of you guys 90% wanted them)perhaps to help some scoring issues which do happen why moan at the thought of using them. it will certainly do away with creative scoring and the issue of driving under the white line in enduros. perhaps some of this is why some things never change because danmed if you do danmed if you dont. things have their pluses and minuses and the use of transponders has more posotives.

Turbo
01-20-2010, 10:00 PM
You wonder why 81 gets thousands of dollars in sponsors, cause he dont sit on his A$$ complaining he doesnt have enough money and just settle for being a small budget team! Its up to you to decide how BAD you really want to race. If you keep getting denied from potential sponsors, dont give up keep trying!

and you wonder why I am pushing for transponders, just take a look back at the last SPT race. They considered me a lap down after me and Lou tangled. Yellow came out and the 72 and 43 never passed the line either but the rest of the field did. They only put ME AND LOU back and because of that I finished 3rd in points instead of finishing 2nd.

DODGE99
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
yes it takes money to race, yes its hard to take 400 out of your pocket if you dont have sponsors just to get a plastic trophy at the end, but i dont agree on staying home if you cant afford it. I do agree with its all about HOW BAD you want to race. There is people out there that are willing to sponsor race cars, it all depends on how much you wanna throw yourself out there and find them. If you think about it 90% of the tracks people from riverhead go to either with an enduro car or any other saturday night car use transponders, and renting every time is a hassle and just one more thing you have to worry about going away racing. You can find cheap ones used, i know bc ive been looking, and it beats renting one everytime. All of my racing expenses come out of my pocket as well, and i would rather put four tires on my car instead of buying a transponder, but ya gotta go with the times if they make it mandatory otherwise whats the alternative??

RacinRob
01-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Well said kev, I don't think anybody should stay home if they can't afford the transponder. However if mandatory then I guess we have no other choice then to get them. With that being said though itd be a week of not buying tires or another sacrafice to get within my budget for the year. Sponsors a lot of the time are who you know or relationships forged in the business world. Like anyone else knows times are tough and people don't just reach there hands in there pocket like they used to. It is what it is though, we can only make the best of what we got.

art11758
01-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Damn seems like I hit a nerve..... Good points all of those who chimed in.

bulldozer
01-21-2010, 03:07 PM
thats quite an arrogant and selfish comment CHAMP....maybe you can use the THOUSANDS of dollars in sponosorship you get every year to supply us small budget teams for our trandsponders....unreal

Im just being honest. If 400 is to much then maybe racing isnt the sport for you. Im sure if everyone could afford it we would have hundreds of cars out there.But that not reality. If 400 isnt in your bujget then there are plenty of other sports that are free. EXP basketball,volleyball,tennis, maybe horse shoes. I would never encourage anyone to race if they didnt have the money.Sure i would love to have a huge car count but this is real life. Sometimes there are far more important thing to spend your money on then racing.EXP family,Mortgage bills,Heat,Electric,Car payments, I could go on and on. If you are using the money you make all week to race thats not a racer thats just plain dumb in my book. Because my future is alot more impotant than racing. Damn my wife has taught me alot. If thats ARROGANT AND SELFISH then you hit nail on the head. REAL :-)

DODGE99
01-21-2010, 03:24 PM
well sometimes thats the only option Bub. Using the money i make all week long, i show up to the racetrack with my paycheck. With the money problems this country has right now not many people are willing to give up sponsorship money, in your case you have a lot of sponsors yes, but how long have they been with you. No one new is going to cut a check for a racecar. I dont have alot of bills being as young as i am, but i do use the money i make all week long to go racing, and i dont complain about it because what else would i be doing with it??!!

Just my two cents, and if anyone knows Bub personally you all know he's not selfish or arrogant. But having a winning team week in and week out like they do, they're obviously doing something right! :wave:

Tommyj16
01-21-2010, 03:33 PM
You Know its not how you get your money work, sponsors, family its where you want to spend it. try telling some of the low bugets teams no you can not buy tires but buy this transponder and when that low buget teams crashes w/ his or her old tires and say hope you come back next week this is when your car counts will suffer. so its not that we don't want to spend the money or the car owners money its where you want to spend it. that all and bolldozer aka chris just read your thread as the person who did not write it and let me know how it sounds to you. if kash25 wrote that thread the Jam would have closed it by now lol. everyone values you opinon as being champ it just how it was said thats all.

bulldozer
01-21-2010, 03:46 PM
Kevin wasnt directed at you. But i guess im just getting OLD. Racing was everything to me in the past now it isnt. Its just a hobby to me now because if it was between my wife and the race cars i would choice my wife.If you asked me that about 5-6 years ago i might of said something different.:)

DODGE99
01-21-2010, 04:28 PM
thats about what it comes down to ya old man! bottom line is, i love racing always did, always will. Ill do whatever it takes to be at the racetrack with a racecar every night. doesnt matter if i got $0 or a million bucks in my pocket. and ill go there looking forward to racing with a guy like BUB.

Turbo
01-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Well just because one family values are one thing, doesnt mean others all have to be the same. People can do whatever they want and you know what, it might get them by in life. It might make them happy enough to not worry about any troubles or financial troubles they have in life. No one has a right to tell another person to stay home because he has to pay his mortgage or needs to buy new stuff for the house, everyone can do whatever they want because they should be smart enough to realize what they are getting into. Let them be the ones to decide that.

DODGE99
01-22-2010, 12:46 PM
so about them transponders lol, it seems that everything points back to money on these threads but thats life. Im in favor of them, i think its a great idea. :wave:

DODGE99
01-31-2010, 04:04 PM
guess the meetings today gave everyone they're answer. That means one more set of tires my low budget race team can afford! :applause: :cheers:

Turbo
01-31-2010, 10:36 PM
I heard we might have transponders by the 2020 season! :-P

dynamite
01-31-2010, 10:42 PM
again they talk about car count, how a 3000 dollar motor will bring back cars, what a JOKE, they just don't get it. 190 for a win and $20 for last leaves cars home in the garage, unless you have good sponsors or your young with no responsibilty but your job and race car. they should take a poll of all the cars that are home and not racing and see what those drs say. no they won't do that cause the owners and the officals all know what the answer would be. i just wish they wouldn't lie every year this time about how if they lower the cost of the race car the car count will improve.no no no a million no's. its a shame how they make millions of dollars each year and yet nothing for the loyal subjects that show up each week and put on a hella of a show . DAN TURBUSH

leah28racing
02-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Seems i have missed alot lol...have not been on in a while. The whole point fund thing? a joke. Can't say i didn't try. And was willing to do it again this year with maybe the help of Hoosier adding 2.50 a tire to help RACE which Eddie Partridge was all for it and willing to help do it. But had to ok it with the Cromarty's. All i got was a we will get back to you. Well i never got an answer.
So i feel now it is only in my best interest to help the Safer club like i did before. With all the lack of participation by alot of drivers last year it is not.
If it wasn't for people like the Turbush's, Chris mcguire, Roger Maynor, the hydes, Tom Kraft, Tom Walkowiak, The Halpins,Mike Mujsce,Arner,Artie and Scott Pedersen, The Solomitos,Rich Giordano, and Roger Oxee who participated in almost everything last year.We wouldn't of have the fund we had at all. So again thankyou everyone who did support me. I wish you the best this year

Jaws
02-01-2010, 10:42 PM
Leah,

Racing needs more friends like you.

Thanks

Golf Guy
02-02-2010, 11:16 AM
if it weren't for the actual participants no-one would give a "Flying F**K"management is as ignorant to the requests/pleas of competitors now as they have always been.shame for the real "troopers' to have to put up with this kind of S**T:disgusted

What a surprise, a negative post from you? "Ignorant to the requests/pleas of competitors." I seem to remember competitors asking for some time trial shows and boom all of a suddent time trial shows. I seem to remember competitors asking for extra distance races and boom extra distance races. I seem to remember competitors asking for a few other things that have also materialized. Is it a perfect racing world at Riverhead? No far from it. But how about contributing something positive to try and make it better instead of always just coming on here and writing how bad everything is and saying your glad you don't go there anymore.

MSK27
02-02-2010, 02:44 PM
How about the late model guys asking for another chance after being taken off of the schedule.Not only were they given another chance but they were given a bunch of shows for 2010.And how about the Cromartys waiting to cancel the last show of the season last year in an attempt to let the championship be decided on the track in spite of the fact that they knew they wouldn't have anybody in the stands because of the weather.

The Bullfather
02-02-2010, 04:13 PM
What a surprise, a negative post from you? "Ignorant to the requests/pleas of competitors." I seem to remember competitors asking for some time trial shows and boom all of a suddent time trial shows. I seem to remember competitors asking for extra distance races and boom extra distance races. I seem to remember competitors asking for a few other things that have also materialized. Is it a perfect racing world at Riverhead? No far from it. But how about contributing something positive to try and make it better instead of always just coming on here and writing how bad everything is and saying your glad you don't go there anymore.

:applause::applause::applause: thank you!:applause::applause::applause:

Leah, you did a great job last year!!!