PDA

View Full Version : iRacing Charity Event.

KH0429
11-05-2009, 10:56 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/kh0429/mods.jpg

For those who don't know what iRacing is,
It is a hyper-realistic racing simulator used by NASCAR and other touring series drivers to practice for events or to get a racing fix over the winter or in between races.
iRacing regulars include...
Dale Earnhardt jr.
Michael McDowell
Danica Patrick
Blake Brown
Denny Hamlin
and many others..

Anywho,
Short Track Pro Cup (stprocup.com) is planning on hosting a charity event within iRacing. Events like this have been extremely succesful within iRacing and other racing simulators. The last event of this magnitude I was involved with raised well over $500.00 for charity organizations including
Victory Junction Gang Camp
Dale Jr. Foundation
United Way
MSPCA
Humane Society

One of the racing events on the card will be an SK Modified 150 @ South Boston Speedway.

The proposed payout is
1st. $100.00
2nd. $50.00
3rd. $20.00
4th. $10.00
5th. $8.00

We are also looking at lap sponsorship, it would be $1.00 to sponsor a lap, minimum of 3 laps sponsored.

The catch is that all drivers must donate half of their earnings during the race to an approved charity of their choice.

By approved I mean, prior to the race they must tell us what charity they intend to donate to, we need to check to make sure it is legitimate and they also need to send us instructions on how to donate to this charity.
ie. They need to send us the address to mail checks to.

The event schedule and Broadcast schedule
Jan. 30th 2010
Dual 50 Lap qualifying heats, top 10 advance
100 Lap 'B" Main race, top 5 advance.

Jan 31st 2010
6:30PM 150 Lap SK Modified Series race. (26 cars to start, after qualifiers and one provisional)

I know its a long shot but it is for a great cause, so if anyone would like to sponsor part of the purse, or some laps send me a PM.
You will get a mention of the broadcast of the race which will be streamed over the internet by a sim racing broadcasting company.

Thanks,
Jeff.

mends
11-06-2009, 12:34 AM
hit me up at david@mendsimage.com and i'll paypal you 10 laps

KH0429
11-06-2009, 06:48 AM
hit me up at david@mendsimage.com and i'll paypal you 10 laps

I sent you an email David, thanks for your support.

KH0429
11-06-2009, 04:40 PM
I just got the website up today,

www.iRACEforAcause.weebly.com