PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on my first shootout

Axel
11-09-2009, 09:07 AM
This was my first year at the Shootout and it was great. It really was the all-star race I always envisioned it to be. There were drivers from every modified series and lots of weekly tracks. It was a great assortment of talent. The weather was great and Concord Motorsports Park is a really nice facility. It was good to see some old friends. It was a long haul, but well worth it.

C&C did a great job too. Things moved about as quickly as they could have I suppose, even tho there were major delays and some long red and yellow periods in all divisions. Stands were pretty full. You could sit up petty high and have a great view of the whole track. I forgot my binoculars tho—the only downer.

Some cool things to see: George Brunnhoelzl III was really running hard until he pitted. Coby too, after his spin was on a mission, but I think he ran out of tire towards the end. Not a whole lot of passing up front, but there was passing thru the field. Matt Hirschman had a nice finish after being in a few benders. Jamie ran strong too. Hats off to Burt Myers. He ran a strong car thru the race and made no mistakes. Very impressed with Jimmy Zacharias—he was in the top 5 for most of the race and started to go backwards toward the end. Nice 8th place finish for the 18 year old driver.

Makes for a long weekend- but I’ll go again if finances and time allow.