PDA

View Full Version : skid plate racing

killa54
11-09-2009, 06:31 PM
i was looking at the riverhead raceway website site and read the article about skid plate racing and thought it seemed cool. im in. anybody else. cant wait for next year already.

p.s. i checked it out on youtube, its gonna be crazy.

killa54
12-05-2009, 04:09 PM
i guess nobody is down with the skid plate races. We'll just have to bring back the spec drags. We can call it nap time/ intermission.

Ka$h25
12-05-2009, 08:53 PM
No, I've heard a lot of good talk about them. I think there's gonna be a good showing of cars. That being said I don't think the SD's were that terrible.

killa54
12-05-2009, 10:55 PM
They might not be my favorite event, but your right, they're not the worst thing. I just think that if people like the spec drags so much, they should spend time talking about how good they are and stop wasting time bashing skid plate races. I enjoy all the events that RR promotes...... Even the "redneck" ones.

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I tried talkin up the spec drags......people don't understand that and looked at it as a probelm here and those posts were locked when the interest took place... and it had quite the interest.
It was what brought on the Jeep vs Trans and then the S-10 that never showed on that particular date last year....
Then that type of interest got axed....

skid plate racing is retarded, might as well just have people run around the track with one leg tied to a cement block.....oh the excitement!!

Better would have been the 4c's instead...

I don't mind Bashing the stupidity that is going to ruin the track... it's called insight, other tracks that do it are dirt, or have a smaller in field they run them on and not the actual good part of the track....

fisherman
12-06-2009, 10:47 AM
i bet rhd will run them bellow the white line. why not call and ask what they plan on doing instead of bashing them. and sd would be better if they ran 5laps like yrs ago. inmagine 25 cars run what you brung would seperate the drivers from the cheaters:cheers::cheers:

fisherman
12-06-2009, 10:53 AM
i bet rhd will run them bellow the white line. why not call and ask what they plan on doing instead of bashing them. and sd would be better if they ran 5laps like yrs ago. inmagine 25 cars run what you brung would seperate the drivers from the cheaters:cheers::cheers:

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 04:25 PM

Again what cheaters.... Everyone running on about cheating and there is none

The only 2 cheaters im aware of are.....and do to unregistered cars and Non DOT tires are as follows

The green pontiac...

The vette of tommy W... not the new one....

Now those 2 cheaters didn't even compete, and when and if they did was once a year and they lost anyway....well except for once when Tom W got the 2nd chance...

So that ain't much of cheating there kid...

There is more cheating in other divisions and bs scoring then any cheating in SD's

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
25 cars running like that isn't a spec drag though is it...

25 street cars running are gonna create insurance issues..

W. J.
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
25 street cars running are gonna create insurance issues..It already did, which is why they no longer run that way.

SuperShafts
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
It already did, which is why they no longer run that way.

That's what i figured....

More excitement 1 on 1, with a single lap to get it done, it leaves no room for error...

fisherman
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
That's what i figured....

More excitement 1 on 1, with a single lap to get it done, it leaves no room for error...

maybe if the sd drivers showed up at the start of the events you could get it back and put a great show on:cheers::applause:

SuperShafts
12-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Lmao, maybe, maybe if the idea of putting a time to be on track or schedule of what is when in the right order, and it was made right on the facilities site those issues would never happen!! Lol that is something I can't control though!

Be more than happy to though, takes me seconds to make adjustments to my sites

RGeeProductions
12-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Lmao, maybe, maybe if the idea of putting a time to be on track or schedule of what is when in the right order, and it was made right on the facilities site those issues would never happen!! Lol that is something I can't control though!

Be more than happy to though, takes me seconds to make adjustments to my sites

No one knows the order of events till race day. It has always been that way. You get there and go up to the board and it tells you what goes in what order. If racing/warm-ups is to start at 4pm, you be there by 4pm and go to the board and see how things are run for the day or night. If you want to show up at 4pm, that's your decision. Not many cars show up even within a 1/2 hour of starting times, 99% are there well before race/warm-up time. Not the tracks fault...

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know the format of this race?
4 cyc
6 cyc
any FWD?

Just curious. I'll probably try it.:lol:

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 02:35 PM
i bet rhd will run them bellow the white line...

Thats where half the enduro guys run any way ha ha:lol::lol:

stockaderacing
12-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Nice we all dont run down there:lol::wave:

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
Nice we all dont run down there:lol::wave:

I only said half lol:lol:

SuperShafts
12-07-2009, 09:02 PM
No one knows the order of events till race day. It has always been that way. You get there and go up to the board and it tells you what goes in what order. If racing/warm-ups is to start at 4pm, you be there by 4pm and go to the board and see how things are run for the day or night. If you want to show up at 4pm, that's your decision. Not many cars show up even within a 1/2 hour of starting times, 99% are there well before race/warm-up time. Not the tracks fault...

Rgee every single saturday racing starts after 5pm....every single saturday...except 1...why would i get there earlier then 5pm when on every single other saturday they don't put us out till the earliest 7pm....so i pulled in at 5pm since the site on rr said nothing about this sat racing starts at 4pm...

Other tracks don't change the times, and the majority of them have the times listed for that day....and the order so fans don't miss what they are coming to see.... Why wouldn't you list the order...why? AIS does, LVR does

Every saturday racing starts after 5pm.....every single saturday......then the one saturday there not doing it like that, lol they don't update the site....

lol and they wonder why the SD's were lacking the last day...lol 2 of us got there at the usual saturday not updated secret race start time....5pm.....to bad though the fans got cheated out of a good grudge race....and an even funnier after race interview....

WEEZER
12-07-2009, 09:28 PM
That-s right Stockade racer, if anybody knows how to run the outside it's you, right buffy, I mean buddy. BTW, anybody know how to get a hold of Mike Wahl grand driver no. 05 from Krazy Cars, I need to talk to him.

RGeeProductions
12-07-2009, 11:40 PM
Rgee every single saturday racing starts after 5pm....every single saturday...except 1...why would i get there earlier then 5pm when on every single other saturday they don't put us out till the earliest 7pm....so i pulled in at 5pm since the site on rr said nothing about this sat racing starts at 4pm...

Other tracks don't change the times, and the majority of them have the times listed for that day....and the order so fans don't miss what they are coming to see.... Why wouldn't you list the order...why? AIS does, LVR does

Every saturday racing starts after 5pm.....every single saturday......then the one saturday there not doing it like that, lol they don't update the site....

lol and they wonder why the SD's were lacking the last day...lol 2 of us got there at the usual saturday not updated secret race start time....5pm.....to bad though the fans got cheated out of a good grudge race....and an even funnier after race interview....

You say racing starts at 5, why would you get there earlier then 5? Well my answer to that is, everyone else does!
As I said, no one comes to the track after roughly an hour before warm-ups. Only time more come in is when there is an enduro on a Saturday night, and that's only because they want the race cars in pit stalls before letting them in. I know that if a movie starts at 7pm, I don't get there at 7pm. Of course, you see things differently, but this is the way it has been for years at the track.

fisherman
12-08-2009, 05:29 AM

rhd last show of the year has always started at 4pm since like 1986

killa54
12-08-2009, 06:27 AM
spec drags are a thing of the past. Lets talk about the future....skid plates. Wether you like them or not. Lets hear it.

SuperShafts
12-08-2009, 03:00 PM
You say racing starts at 5, why would you get there earlier then 5? Well my answer to that is, everyone else does!

So if everyone jumps off a bridge you do it too??? C'mon wth kinda sense is that... I never ever get there longer then I need to be there... Never had a problem because then the site was right..
You can make excuses and follow or whatever it is that makes you feel better about a mistake that should have been handled better... Sorry rgee I don't ever come to the track an hour early unless it is a different track and I need practice! Lol so why would I come early when there is no practice!!

rrealto
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I guess part of your problem was you relied on the track website.
Thats a mistake. It very rarely gives anything near real time information. Its not close to the way other tracks maintain theirs. I know that does not help you now.
Riverhead always relies on the Jam, which is kind of interesting since it is not owned or operated by the track. What would they do without the Jam when it comes to getting info out there.
Seems like the track should be responsible for keeping people informed on their own website.

unowho243
12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
how the hell did this go from skid plate racing to arguing about sd and why is it always the same person doing the arguing? i am a fan of sd i love watching them and even ran a few with my old car but thats not what were talking about rite now...... what were talking about is the promoters coming up with fresh new ideas to bring in more (new) fans... As i see it i think its good that they still care and im very glad that they still make the effort every year to try new things and see what will bring more fans in so the track can stay open for years to come.... thank you Barbara, jim, and Bob Finan for all of you guys do!

and marty if you are so concerned about sd and how many people come why dont you start a sd website and recruit people to come on those nights insted of b!tchin when they do not show.....

RGeeProductions
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
So if everyone jumps off a bridge you do it too??? C'mon wth kinda sense is that... I never ever get there longer then I need to be there... Never had a problem because then the site was right..
You can make excuses and follow or whatever it is that makes you feel better about a mistake that should have been handled better... Sorry rgee I don't ever come to the track an hour early unless it is a different track and I need practice! Lol so why would I come early when there is no practice!!

I expected such an answer....your always right super....no excuses on my side or the tracks...it has always been that way...FACT
And correct unowho243, this thread WAS on skid plate racing....

SuperShafts
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
I expected such an answer....your always right super....no excuses on my side or the tracks...it has always been that way...FACT
And correct unowho243, this thread WAS on skid plate racing....

Either way, just so we know it isn't always the same!!!!! as for the year before the last SD was sunday, not saturday... as was the year before that...

So rgee, you see, a simple 5 second update to say... this sat, races start at 4pm....not 5..... either way like i said, doesn't matter...

Im not always right, i just do the right thing

RGeeProductions
12-09-2009, 10:28 PM
NOTE: Any further Spec Drag comments in a Skid Plate Racing thread will be deleted....

don38
12-10-2009, 08:28 AM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:
NOTE: Any futher Spec Drag comments in a Skid Plate Racing thread will be deleted....

catfish
12-11-2009, 01:01 PM
Can we comment on your hump?

SuperShafts
12-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Unw243.

SP races are dopey, not good for the track.

How about the promoters promote real racing!! Maybe take up bringing or helping a new division other then looking at what some backwoods got nothing going on but 1 division tracks are doing to satisfy fans from coming out for practice and the only race and go home!!

Always arguing, lol I haven't argued on this board yet!

Answering anothers post with an answer is not arguing!

There is enough going on at the track as for divisions, just needs better operation and execution of the way the operation runs
Not some backwooods dopey drag half the car around stupidity...

how the hell did this go from skid plate racing to arguing about sd and why is it always the same person doing the arguing? i am a fan of sd i love watching them and even ran a few with my old car but thats not what were talking about rite now...... what were talking about is the promoters coming up with fresh new ideas to bring in more (new) fans... As i see it i think its good that they still care and im very glad that they still make the effort every year to try new things and see what will bring more fans in so the track can stay open for years to come.... thank you Barbara, jim, and Bob Finan for all of you guys do!

and marty if you are so concerned about sd and how many people come why dont you start a sd website and recruit people to come on those nights insted of b!tchin when they do not show.....

stockaderacing
12-11-2009, 06:57 PM
hey SuperShafts just get over it we get it you dont like sp racing but that what we got.Anone know any rules yet on it ???

SuperShafts
12-11-2009, 08:55 PM
hey SuperShafts just get over it we get it you dont like sp racing but that what we got.Anone know any rules yet on it ???

Why not show you have a interest in racing and not some dopey side show bs, and want to see your only track promote racing...not side show bob stupidity....

possibly bring in mini super mods instead of some dumbass backwoods "oh look, them boys done welded the wheels not to turn and took the tires off the back of duh car and now they can't turn"

I would rather see pro trucks more often, fig 8's more often... RACING more often...not more stupidity...

Would rather never see a SD again for the super mini mods....

. I guess you all like side show stuff... not racing.

RGeeProductions
12-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Why not show you have a interest in racing and not some dopey side show bs, and want to see your only track promote racing...not side show bob stupidity....

possibly bring in mini super mods instead of some dumbass backwoods "oh look, them boys done welded the wheels not to turn and took the tires off the back of duh car and now they can't turn"

I would rather see pro trucks more often, fig 8's more often... RACING more often...not more stupidity...

Would rather never see a SD again for the super mini mods....

. I guess you all like side show stuff... not racing.

Did you ever think that some may think "Skid Plate Racing" is not a "Side Show BS"?
Did you ever think that some may think "Spec Drags" are "Side Show BS"??
Sorry, but that's enough of your way or no way.
Everyone else here has a right to their opinion and does not have to be the same as yours!
Take the 'tude' and 'name calling' elsewhere...
This is now closed!!!! Thanks!
Any futher comments like these elsewhere in the forum will also be deleted...