PDA

View Full Version : New bumper

mcstockcar
11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Since monte carlo bumpers are almost impossible to find, I had to get one from a 76 Elcamino. Its a little wide but thats what a sawsall and a welder is for. No Tire cutters here!:)

DerbyN8-128
11-09-2009, 10:09 PM
way to make it all fancy looking :cheers:

critter
11-09-2009, 10:56 PM
looks good jack, hopefully the shine doesnt go into my rearview mirror lol

Poppop
11-10-2009, 05:07 AM
:applause:Now why didn't I think of that. I could have put a real bumper on my little car as long as it "looked" like the original.:lol:

mcstockcar
11-10-2009, 02:25 PM
looks good jack, hopefully the shine doesnt go into my rearview mirror lol

No but the chrome pelling off might get in your eye. Wear you saftey glasses!

Tracy57
11-10-2009, 06:30 PM
since you are using truck parts, I assume you will be racing the monte camino in the truck division.

Joe said all bumpers will have displacement and compression checked in tech after the race.

-Larry

DerbyN8-128
11-10-2009, 08:04 PM
:applause:Now why didn't I think of that. I could have put a real bumper on my little car as long as it "looked" like the original.:lol:

My tempo has a 91 eclipse front bumper and a dodge caravan rear bumper...the stock ones were fiberglass (or hard plastic, one or the other) which is why I switched

CJfilms
11-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Just a warning....we will be kicking bumpers....if they kick back -> DQ!!

mcstockcar
11-10-2009, 09:22 PM
since you are using truck parts, I assume you will be racing the monte camino in the truck division.

Joe said all bumpers will have displacement and compression checked in tech after the race.

-Larry

The chevelle/monte that year is the same bumper. If any one wants to find me 72 monte bumper, feel free to do so.Its NOT reinforced and will bend like every other one. There is cars out there with bumpers that dont belong on those cars, and with tire cutters...ahhhhh dont get me started:mad:

critter
11-10-2009, 11:48 PM
note to self dont get jack mad ,just teasin buddy relax follow me around sat , ill have my shades on lol

Tracy57
11-11-2009, 08:10 AM
The chevelle/monte that year is the same bumper. If any one wants to find me 72 monte bumper, feel free to do so.Its NOT reinforced and will bend like every other one. There is cars out there with bumpers that dont belong on those cars, and with tire cutters...ahhhhh dont get me started:mad:

Jack-

Larry is just messing with you! :)(He really needs to get his own login!) You should see some of the creative bumper work he did on the Taurus for the very last race at Mtn. (SVS) last year.

I do however, have a "slightly used" bumper from a Tbird that is in the back seat of the car.... :lol:

mcstockcar
11-11-2009, 12:13 PM
My "new" bumper has a tweek in it already. It will pobably be hanging by the saftey chains by the end of the race. Bumpers for any 70s cars are hard to find. They all got recycled. I think i drank out of one last nite.:)

NeetsSpectator
11-11-2009, 01:09 PM
I think i drank out of one last nite.:)

That would explain the label on your head "lite" cover.
Oh wait, that's from a glass bottle.
Hey! No glass bottles allowed at the track!:lol:

mcstockcar
11-11-2009, 05:00 PM
Actually thats a can i emtied(one of several) and cut up and affixed on my car. I dont remember doing it though:lol:

Danger83Ranger
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
hey jack, what is and where do you get it, that mesh stuff you have over the front of the grille.

Erin C
11-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Its a shaker screen and it keeps his radiator clean! Correct me if I am wrong, but this helps prevent overheating by keeping the radiator clean. Not sure where to get it but a majority of the people out there use it.

Danger83Ranger
11-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Its a shaker screen and it keeps his radiator clean! Correct me if I am wrong, but this helps prevent overheating by keeping the radiator clean. Not sure where to get it but a majority of the people out there use it.

you are correct, it keeps the radiator clean which can help prevent over heating. I just didnt know what the stuff was called and where i can buy it. Id like to start using it so i dont have to wash my radiator so much. lol

EnduroFromDE
11-12-2009, 02:30 PM
I use a piece of Expanding metal wraped with window screening. It works pretty good...The screening catches the little pieces, and the expanding metal catches any large rocks or car parts from going into my radiator, since I dont have a bumper cover

mcstockcar
11-12-2009, 03:54 PM
hey jack, what is and where do you get it, that mesh stuff you have over the front of the grille.

Its fiberglass screen for windows. U can get it at home depot or lowes. Works great, keeps rad clean every race!

EnduroFromDE
11-12-2009, 04:20 PM
3ft x 100ft rolls at home depot for about $50...its worth it...

critter
11-12-2009, 07:32 PM
it works real good ,not much cleanin on the front end after u run , rest of the car different story lol

tbirdracer
11-12-2009, 09:56 PM
the bumper looks great(for now). hopes it last the whole race. just move high when you pass critter. he moves good on the bottom. i beat you get top 8 this race!

critter
11-12-2009, 10:29 PM
thx tbird im hopin jack doesnt get any blk or green tape on there lol

Danger83Ranger
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
thanks all, i will have to go to home depot or lowes today on lunch to buy some of that stuff.