PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

chrome horn
11-11-2009, 08:02 AM
Just wanted to thank all our veterans on this day. Thank you for the freedoms you have defended, the ones that are defending our freedoms now, and the ones that will be doing it in the future.

Axel
11-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Today is a day to remember our vets to know how hard they work for us each and every day and how much they sacrifice.

A hearty thank you to you all.

Precision Auto
11-11-2009, 09:23 AM
To all military personnel who: past/present/future, serve our country so that we may enjoy the freedoms we do: Thank you.......

To Marc: Back home after his 4th tour in Iraq and
To Derek: Three weeks until you are back stateside....

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Jaws
11-11-2009, 05:31 PM
2 words to all Vets...Thank You.

ModTourMan
11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Well said everybody! I'd also like to say a big THANK YOU to all that have served and sacrificed - both past and present -to protect my and my loved ones freedom and way of life.

uticamike
11-11-2009, 07:11 PM
All true and the Ft Hood deal really drives home the point. We ALL owe our Vets more than we can imagine. Salute':cheers:

Axel
11-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if all who have served, or who are serving now, were remembered and respected EVERY DAY?!

There are a ton of charities and non-profits who are dedicated to vets.
http://coalitionforveterans.org/volunteer/
http://www.dav.org/volunteers/
www.welcomebackveterans.org/

it's a way to give back...

chrome horn
11-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Wouldn't it be nice if all who have served, or who are serving now, were remembered and respected EVERY DAY?!

It's kind of like Mother's Day. You don't love her any less the other 364 days, today is just their day!

ModTourMan
11-11-2009, 11:55 PM
I just finished watching Section 60: Arlington National Cemetery, an HBO documentary...a very nice tribute to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan, and also to the loved ones they left behind. I took my family to Arlington this past summer. We were all moved with what we saw as we passed by Section 60 where the fresh graves and funeral services were being prepared and families and friends gathered. Of course, other sections of Arlington, which now lay quite, once had a steady stream of loved ones visiting those grave sites too. As we drove on through some of the older, quieter sections of Arlington, I was awed by the thought that each and every one of those countless grave sites (as well as others scattered around the country and overseas) had also been visited by countless numbers of families and friends once upon a time.
We honor those who have passed each Memorial day and we honor those who have served on Veterans Day but we should also not forget to thank the families of those who serve...they have sacrificed for our country too.