PDA

View Full Version : NWMT/NWSMT 2010 Prelilinary Schedule

JED
11-14-2009, 09:52 AM
NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour
4/11 - Thompson International Speedway
4/25 - Stafford Motor Speedway
5/28 - Stafford Motor Speedway
6/6 - Martinsville Speedway (Combo Camping World East)
6/26 - NHMS
7/3 - Lime Rock Park
7/17 - Monadonock Speedway
7/31 - Riverhead Speedway
8/6 - Stafford Motor Speedway
8/12 - Thompson International Speedway
8/18 - Bristol Motor Speedway (Combo N/S Mods)
9/18 - NHMS
10/3 - Stafford Motor Speedway
10/17 - Thompson International Speedway

NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour
3/5 - Atlanta Motor Speedway
3/14 - Caraway Speedway
4/3 - South Boston Speedway
7/2 - Caraway Speedway
8/7 - Bowman Gray Speedway
8/18 - Bristol Motor Speedway (Combo N/S Mods)
8/28 - Caraway Speedway
9/4 - Langley Speedway
9/25 - Tri County Motor Speedway
10/14 - Lowes Motor Speedway ( Sprint Cup Qualifying Day)

TJ1976
11-14-2009, 09:59 AM
Only 9 races on the Southern Tour next year and no Martinsville ?:confused:

Jaws
11-14-2009, 10:10 AM
Lets start with the positive, nice move for the Martinsvile date and the add of 2 new tracks.

But if I am reading this correctly no Memorial day weekend race at Stafford? That has been a tradition for a long time with me and the kids.

Jaws
11-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Only 9 races on the Southern Tour next year and no Martinsville ?:confused:

That must be a typo and it is preliminary schedule..

Sicklajoie
11-14-2009, 10:13 AM
I've seen elsewhere that there's a 4th Stafford race on 5/28.
Plus Lime Rock should be 7/3.

Jaws
11-14-2009, 10:21 AM
I've seen elsewhere that there's a 4th Stafford race on 5/28.
Plus Lime Rock should be 7/3.

JED was at the banquet, I don't think you can get more official unoffical than that. But with that said I hope there is a race that day.

limodmaniac
11-14-2009, 11:18 AM
Charlotte is not listed either for southern tour

Howie
11-14-2009, 11:26 AM
The complete schedules are now on NASCAR Home Tracks web site here are the links -

NWMT Schedule (http://localracing.nascar.com/races/NWMT)

NWSMT Schedule (http://localracing.nascar.com/races/NWSMT)

They also state - "NASCAR also announced to drivers Saturday that Versus & SPEED will each broadcast select NWMT races"

MOD11RACER
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Martinsvllle is a not WMT & WSMT combo event.

:)Stafford has a 125 lap WMT event on May 28 already posted.

:rolleyes:The WSMT Will finish out the season @ the 1\4 mile inner track @ Lowes Motor Speedway. Again already reported.

No Spencer or Chemung.

:*-(I sure do miss the WMT show @ Thompson in September.

:DI would like to see Nascar & the WMT add one more race in May & September to bring the monthly total to @ least two races a month for the 2010 season.

:disgustedLooks like no Richmond.

limodmaniac
11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
If I'm not mistaken Southern Tour has lost Concord, Lanier, Ace, Myrtle Beach and Martinsville.

Brian Hawks
11-14-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't see you guys are just assuming the Southern Mods are apart of the Martinsville race.

June 6 is a Sunday but I'm sure will two seperate Tours they'll try to qualify on Saturday (Which is against Bowman Gray Stadium)

Which would eliminate The Southern Tour.. It's not on the Schedule and Bristol is. And you've got the Camping World Deal there.. gotta cut some cars out somewhere..

limodmaniac
11-14-2009, 12:22 PM
I see East Series schedule is out with ten races. No Thompson, but Lee has one on July 30.

BigMac
11-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I agree the Martinsville race moving to the spring is a positive. The Cup cars are in Pocono that weekend so thats a little better than them going against Dover. I'm not sure adding the East Series will put more people in the seats though. I'd have loved to see them on the April Cup weekend. Beyond that, nothing really new to report. They switched Monadnock for Spencer. Richmond must really not want anything to do with the mods.

Modifiedthunder
11-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Here is the links

WMT http://localracing.nascar.com/node/4155

SWMT http://localracing.nascar.com/node/4156

BigMac
11-14-2009, 01:56 PM
By the way, whats preliminary about the schedule? Are they just saying that
to say it or is there something in the works?

Rabbit504
11-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Maybe there will be no break in the Martinsville race.
There could be regular pit stops as we in the North know them.
That could be why it's not listed as a WMT/WSMT combo race.

Gary66
11-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Southern Tour is a joke.

Lose dates from REAL racetracks and add dates on a quarter mile legends track at mile and half speedways. That defies logic.
Take the most powerful race cars under Nascar sanction and run them on as a pre-cup qualifying side show on a legends track.

Joke,joke,joke.

chrome horn
11-14-2009, 07:13 PM
I have to admit, I like the direction the WMT is taking, and this coming from a guy who planned his wedding in June only to have it fall on Martinsville weekend. Only two things I'd like to see added, a date at Richmond and bring back the Thompson 300. I think there is a nice balance of racing throughout the schedule as oppose to downtime from June through July and cramming it all in August to October

holleratme
11-14-2009, 07:52 PM
If I'm not mistaken Southern Tour has lost Concord, Lanier, Ace, Myrtle Beach and Martinsville.

When you do not support the races this is what happens 12-14 clunkers for Tour Many more all Decked out with Chrome to run 60 MPH at Boman Grey

Gary66
11-14-2009, 08:14 PM
more all Decked out with Chrome to run 60 MPH at Boman Grey

The Myers brothers and the 31 of Pack are the only Stadium regulars who run the full WMST schedule. Most of the Stadium guys nowadays run BGS only.
That says a lot. Brownie skipped the 199 this year, IIRC he said the race paid almost twice as much when it was not a Tour race, but just a BGS event.

Rentawrench
11-14-2009, 10:12 PM
So the Wedding@ Martinsville Now ??? That would be a Real well attended Party afterward .

Good Luck on whatever you do, Fran.

worm
11-14-2009, 10:39 PM
hey are you on the 27 crew

Brian Hawks
11-15-2009, 01:27 AM
When you do not support the races this is what happens 12-14 clunkers for Tour Many more all Decked out with Chrome to run 60 MPH at Boman Grey

Clunkers? At least know what your talking about before you type it.

Ever even been to Bowman Gray Stadium??? If not, stick to your Northern Tour facts. As stated, only 3 teams (2 cars outta the same garage) run both.

The "clunkers" don't support the Tour because they don't get the support back. There are well over 50 mods in this area that can race on a weekly basis... but going to Cup 1/4 miles circus rings isn't going to bring a bunch of Mods guys to races.. and neither is only going to 10 tracks.

The only thing you can blame on Bowman Gray Stadium this year is Martinsville. And I really think if BGS was off that weekend the Southern Tour would not have got an invite again.

Whelen is going a fantastic job supporting the mods... It's time for NASCAR to step up down South, or bascially from this point.. Get out. SMART did a better job. And it's not a multi-billion dollar corperation.

Bobby1717
11-15-2009, 08:13 AM
The WMT should be lucky to have tracks like Thompson and Stafford who host some tour events. If not for them who knows what it would look like. For the East series it looks like they are just looking for anyone to take them and hoping some fans will jump on board. I feel its hard for a division to run up North and be succesful when most there drivers are from all over the country except up North and the fans have not attachment to them With the WMT these drivers have been in our backyard our whole lives so we recogonize them all and there accomplishments.

ModTourMan
11-15-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm glad to see a Martinsville race scheduled in the spring again...I hope to make it next year. I also miss the 300 at Thompson...that great traditional race seems to be fading away forever. It's also a shame a night race at Richmond was not in the cards. That would be a great TV "showcase" race for the division in my opinion.

holleratme
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Clunkers? At least know what your talking about before you type it.

Ever even been to Bowman Gray Stadium??? If not, stick to your Northern Tour facts. As stated, only 3 teams (2 cars outta the same garage) run both.

The "clunkers" don't support the Tour because they don't get the support back. There are well over 50 mods in this area that can race on a weekly basis... but going to Cup 1/4 miles circus rings isn't going to bring a bunch of Mods guys to races.. and neither is only going to 10 tracks.

The only thing you can blame on Bowman Gray Stadium this year is Martinsville. And I really think if BGS was off that weekend the Southern Tour would not have got an invite again.

YES I have been to Boman Grey, It is my Opinion but I think of it as a comedy show.Who ever wins the pole wins the race unless he gets dumped.

The 3 legit Southern Cars to my knowledge are 31 of Pack 98 of Kuiken and 09 of Cleanup Supply

NASCAR has to step up the inspection process some of the others do not meet minimum cage and support diamensions ..... BuT only 12-14 of these CLUNKERS show up so WHO do you send home? Maybe in 2010 they will install filler necks so we don't have to call TIMEEEEZ to fill the tank

burtmyers1
11-17-2009, 04:30 PM
What do you mean by legit? Meaning those 3 are the only Northern cars?(31 Lia, 09 Tomaino, 98 is Troyer as is more than half the field)

Are you calling GB3s/Riggs/Myers cars clunkers? Being on the Myers team I take offense to our car being called a clunker seeing as its been quite competitive in the combo races.

Also are you saying the cars that run the Stadium are better than the cars that run the tour? Not so much..............

Also like Brian said when Nascar starts supporting us we might support them.

holleratme
11-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Also like Brian said when Nascar starts supporting us we might support them.

YOU ARE NASCAR YOU are the SHOW Not the Acronym When you Stay at home and show up to BG for 60 mph Races and Do Not Support the Organization you are the ones killing the series. All NASCAR does is book the tracks and do some rule enforcement.

Keep showing up at BG with all the chrome etc then don't show up for the Tour and the ones that do show dont have filler necks crews don't have uniforms etc. BG they have million dollar team shirts etc..... See the result

31 is Pack 98 is Kuiken 09 is Lusk (Clean Up Supply)

burtmyers1
11-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Didn't Nascar require us to have filler necks for Bristol? At least thats what I heard and we put one on our car before the race. Also I believe Nascar requires anyone who works on the car during a pit stop to have a suit and helmet. And most teams have crew shirts whether button up or sublimated.

I know who drivers are of those three cars. I was saying the origins.

holleratme
11-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Catchin UP REAL QUICK GOOD JOB:wave:

Brian Hawks
11-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Everything you just typed is laughable, but because I'm not going to be rude.. I'll leave it at that.

I will say, you've got NO idea what your talking about.

Hampton - the three cars he named were all built by Jamie Tomaino as he is a Troyer dealer. Gene drives the Lia Troyer on the Tour now. The green stadium car is what he is trying to refer to. Take a wild guess as to who he helps on the Northern Tour... ding ding ding.. we have a winner...

Howie
11-17-2009, 09:59 PM
How did we end up here in a thread titled "NWMT/NWSMT 2010 Preliminary Schedule"?

http://www.ryanmcbain.com/forums/images/smilies/beatdeadhorse.gif

Teds Race Tours
11-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I have to admit, I like the direction the WMT is taking, and this coming from a guy who planned his wedding in June only to have it fall on Martinsville weekend. Only two things I'd like to see added, a date at Richmond and bring back the Thompson 300. I think there is a nice balance of racing throughout the schedule as oppose to downtime from June through July and cramming it all in August to October

June Wedding very smart. The Mets will not have been eliminated yet, so you can feel good about it. :)

I'd love to see the Thompson 300 back as well, but not as a Tour race, just an open comp race, like it was when the race was the 2nd best race of the year.

corey17
11-18-2009, 12:59 AM
The 3 legit Southern Cars to my knowledge are 31 of Pack 98 of Kuiken and 09 of Cleanup Supply

Wow, I would really at last pretend to know what I'm talking about before you put it out there to look foolish in front of everyone. You should win an award or something .

CuriousGeorge
11-18-2009, 11:10 AM
What are the chances of any Tour cars coming to Riverhead July 17th for the 77 lapper to "get ready" for WMT event that is 2 weeks later. I miss the days when a Tour car or 2 would show up occasionaly during the WMT off nights. Heard it has something to do with a tire rule. What is the story?

TMAC
11-18-2009, 12:15 PM
Atlanta and charlotte races,i guess there gonna race the legend oval?Also a big thanks to Bruton Smith,i guess he does like those modifieds...

BigMac
11-18-2009, 12:23 PM
What are the chances of any Tour cars coming to Riverhead July 17th for the 77 lapper to "get ready" for WMT event that is 2 weeks later. I miss the days when a Tour car or 2 would show up occasionaly during the WMT off nights. Heard it has something to do with a tire rule. What is the story?

The WMT is at Monadnock on July 17th.

CuriousGeorge
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM

Ooops.....

limodmaniac
11-18-2009, 07:05 PM
100 lapper at Riverhead 3rd weekend of May

Jaws
11-18-2009, 09:33 PM

Crap, call me with updates!!

kinserfan11
12-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah; what is the closest track for the folks in Pa ? :(

LiquidBread
12-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I realize that it's early in the 2010 game, but how is it that Mr. Bateman and company can announce 20 races (without a title sponsor) while the WMT can only get 14? No big complaints because when the the ROC schedule is factored in, there are plenty of great options next year, but ..... it just seems that NASCAR continues to price the Tour out of reach for many teams and venues. Am I wrong in assuming that excluding licenses and road courses, the costs to field a team in all 3 series are similar?

uticamike
12-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Bread, you have to figure in the changes for Bristol too. The biggie of course is the travel. The WMT teams for the most part bring a small army of crew with them also. Bigger hauler, more gear......

Fkraft99
12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
tires another big difference between the 2 series. Im not 100% sure on the former TV series rules but i believe it was something like 8 tires at the first race and then alternates 4 tires one week and 2 the following and so on... Meanwhile the tour you are buying probably at least 8 tires everyweek, sometimes more.