PDA

View Full Version : working on the 2010 schedule - preliminary schedule

limodmaniac
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
March 28 - Waterford Modified Racing Series- Coby wins and I ask once again how can this guy not have a regular ride on the tour?

April 3 - South Boston Whelen Southern Modifieds - Civali wins the battle with LW Miller, Suess charges thru field for top 3

April 11 - Thompson Icebreaker - Santos wins in his debut in the Garbarino 4

April 17 - Mahoning 100 lap * - The LIMM tries out the indoor go kart track a few towns over and then watches Matt Hirschman come form 18th to win, after Beers and Paules get caught up in lap traffic. Great racing, great move by Matt.

April 18 - Albany Saratoga ROC/ Modified Racing Series * postponed to May 21

April 25 - Stafford Spring Sizzler- postponed to May 1- santos gets spun while leading, TC wins

May 1 - Monadnock Modified Racing Series *- jarvis comes from the back to win

May 8 - Wall Twin 50s Modifieds- Brittan and Brittan win

May 15 - Riverhead 100 lapper *- ronnie silk takes home 1500 extra money as he holds off rogers

May 16 - Shangri La ROC- Chuck Hossfeld makes move to win the race

May 21 - Albany Saratoga -Pennink wins the race from the rear

May 22- Riverhead regular show -Rogers and Eddie B are the class of the field

May 23- Mountain 100 lap - 5000 to win- Paules wins what turns out to be the last of the 5000 to win shows i will be seeing there

May 28 - Stafford Whelen Modifieds *-Santos wins again

May 29 - Airborne Modified Racing Series *Hinckley gets Pennnk lose behind a lapped car and wins, then both crash after the race

May 30 - Thunder Road Modified Racing Series *Not one of the best races , unless you are Masse

June 3 - Thompson 35 lap modified- I chicken out and stay home for fear of rain and thunder- postponed til June 24

June 5 - Bowman Gray- Madhouse is true to its colors... Civali and Brown go at it

June 6- Martinsville - Santos wins on a very hot day. many cautions

June 12- Riverhead - iffy weather kept me away from Seekonk (rained out) and Mahoning. Probably should have went to PA or Wall, but stayed home..

June 17 - Thompson Modified Racing Series-Good race. Hinckley wins, Pennink and Stefanik tangle. Good run by Eric Goodale

June 18 - Spencer ROC - Where was the outside groove. Hossfeld wins

June 19 - Dunn Tire ROC or Riverhead- Missed Hossfeld pass Hirschman for the lead, decided to go home to Riverhead because of 50 percent chance of rain. Rogers wins Riverhead again. Fun watching Brunnhoelzl who looked like a top 3 car, but car went away and he hung on for 6th . Tight short track racing at its finest.

June 24 - Thompson 40 lap - Pitkat wrecks and Silk wins

June 26 - Loudon Whelen Modifieds *-Newman in the 7 wins over TC but what a ride for Coby in the 0

June 26 - Waterford regular show * or can we get back to Riverhead in time- Tried to make Riverhead but didn't make it in time . The mod feature was over by 8:00.

July 1 - Thompson 35 lap modified- Brunnhoelzl races, TC has off night and Stefanik wins with only 11 cars racing.

July 2 - Lime Rock during the day- walked around the entire track and enjoyed the day -

July 3 - Lime Rock if early start- Quarterly in the 52 overtakes the 2 /

July 3 - second race of the day -Monadnock Modified Racing Series- KirK Alexander wins, but I get another kick out of watching Dwight jarvis work his magic.

July 9 - Lee MRS 3000 to win= Coby goes from 18 to 1 after just 35 laps. Mckennedy wins.

July 10 - Riverhead 77 Memorial race or Mahoning 100 lap race *- Both rained out...but did it rain?

July 17 - Monadnock Whelen Modifieds- Back at the Dawg, TC gets the jump on Rudolph and takes down the first Whelen tour race at Monadnock since 1990.

July 18 - Chemung ROC- Matt Hirschman wins by making a pit stop and with new tires is able to pass Rudolph for the win in the LIMM sponsored car

July 21 - Seekonk Open *-postponed to July 28 but Vinnie Annarumo wins the big bucks as TC and Hirschman run out of laps

July 24 - Canaan Modified Racing Series *- Eric Goodale holds off Dwight Jarvis to take home his first modified win in the Schaefer Stars/ Riley ave School/ LIMM car.

July 27- Monadnock - Regular show on a Tuesday- No surprise here..- Kirk Alexander takes home win

July 31 - Riverhead Whelen Modifieds - $ 5000 to win goes to Rowan Pennink.. Ryan preece puts on the show coming from early spin to 2nd.

Aug 1 - Shangri La ROC- rained out unitl Aug 22

Aug 5 - Thompson 40 lap - rained out until end of Sept.

Aug 6 - Stafford Whelen Modifieds *- Szegedy finally gets that win!

Aug 7 - Beech Ridge Modified Racing Series - Ken Barry makes it back to victory lane.

Aug 12 - Thompson Whelen Tour= TC knows his way around Thompson

Aug 13- Wyoming ROC - Rudolph wins with Hirschman right on him, and Paules right on Matty's bumper.

Aug 14 - Mahoning 100 lap race - Hirschman starts 15 but wins almost lapping everyone.

Aug18 - Bristol Whelen Modifieds- Wow - Ryan Newman wins, but Stefanik, Civali, Szegedy, Justin, and TC all battle...Wow!

Aug 21- Seekonk Modified Racing Series *- Todd Annarummo wins again. handed out press release for slick track invitational

Aug 22 - Shangri La - ROC - rained out and won't be made up

Aug 26 - Thompson Modified Racing Series- Pennink outruns TC, good run by Goodale, Stefanik, Santos - Jarvis doesn't qualify / motor

Aug 28- Riverhead regular show- passed on lancaster and a Hirschman win to watch Rogers win at the Head and then find two slashed tires on my truck

Sept 2 - Thompson 35 lap modified Ryan Preece takes the win in the family owned number 40

Sept 3 - Spencer ROC * - saw some practice but Hirschman knew better, and didn't even take his car out of the hauler....RAIN

Sept 4 - Waterford Modified Racing Series *- Coby takes hit on lap one, and McEnnedy wins from the front.

Sept 10- Stafford Modified Racing Seres- TC wins in the 00

Sept 11 - Mahoning 100 lap race- Hirschman again shows the fast way around the track.

Sept 18 - Loudon - Newman wins again, preece and Santos wreck.

Sept 18 - Waterford - my first stand alone SK race of the year - Coby in hard wreck. I forgot who won.

Sept 19- Dunn Tire ROC- Best race of the weekend. Hossfeld, Hirschman battle and me very nervous in victory lane.

Sept 25 Oswego ROC- Two years in a row, can't get much worse. Rain comes afgter 63 laps. i don't come back on sunday when tony hirschman wins in his only race of the year.

Sept 26 Thompson 40 lap open- Justin Bonsginore wins, but gets dqed. Stefanik awarded the win. Shelly Perry impresses me

Oct 2 - Mahoning 100 lap race *- matt wins another one. Eddie B gets the 8x up to 4th before fading, impressive run for first time

Oct 3- Stafford Fall Final *- Santos wins, preece pits early and cant hold him off with 100 lap old tires.

Oct 9 - 2nd annual Slick Track Modified Drivers invitational - the Lucky Dog gets me my lap back after Jacob Dore dumps me, and I win the drivers race. Then in fans race, I win but they tell me I am a lap down .

Oct 10- Seekonk Modified Racing Series - McKennedy wins race but doesn't get bonus money because he didn't do the slick teak. Bonus money to Todd Annarummo, Steve Masse and Ken Barry

Oct 17 - Thompson World Series - one of the best races. Coby almost wins in his debut in the 52

Oct 24 - Lee Modified Racing Series - one of the worse races of the year. McKennedy wins I think.

Nov 6 - North South Shootout - Hirschman, Hossfeld, Brunnhoelzl take top 3 spots, all carrying the LongIslandModManiac sponsorship on their cars.

Nov 27 - Wall Turkey Derby -Race number 58 for me! Passed my goal of 50 a long time ago..Hirschman and Blewett battle for the lead. Blewett shoves Matt in the wall, in the infield, and then cries that Matty had it coming because Matty caused him to get a flat. Blewett slammed car after car on his way to the front.

Jaws
11-15-2009, 01:10 AM
LOL, what took you so long!!

Bobby1717
11-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Only 42 races? Why are you cutting back on your schedule?

LOL

limodmaniac
11-15-2009, 09:27 AM
Still waiting for ROC, True Value (oops Modified Racing Series) and special shows like Mahoning, Seekonk, and others. But start putting some of these dates down on your calendar Bobby, with Riverhead and Monadnock at the top of the list.

mattphoto
11-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Still waiting for ROC, True Value (oops Modified Racing Series) and special shows like Mahoning, Seekonk, and others. But start putting some of these dates down on your calendar Bobby, with Riverhead and Monadnock at the top of the list.

I heard that Waterford may get a third Modified Racing Series race along with Lee

limodmaniac
11-21-2009, 05:08 PM
Waterford got the 3, not Lee.

In March, August and Labor Day weekend.

Teds Race Tours
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
do you have your 2011 schedule yet?

limodmaniac
11-22-2009, 12:24 AM
Teddy, if all goes well, will probably be starting up with Waterford, Thompson and Stafford in 2011....

BigMac
11-23-2009, 07:16 AM
and you do this from Long Island every weekend? Wow.

limodmaniac
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
Yup and with the ROC just releasing their schedule a lot more travelling is now in the works.

Jaws
12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
Unless my wife's employment situation improves, looks like Riverhead a few more times and no 2 day road trips.

High on list are:

A/S April 18th.
The 100 lap Riverhead race in May, the 77 lap CJ race and the Tour race.
Lime Rock
Shangra La II for one of the ROC races, 24 quality cars on that track should be a great show.
Stafford Memorial Day weekend. (tradition with the kids)
IceBreaker.
World Series.
Waterford for the a MRA show.
Maybe a race or 2 in Pa.

Out could be NH, Bristol, Oswego, Spencer, Martinsville.

Please all pray for the employement gods to smile on my wife! :help:

limodmaniac
12-11-2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.staffordmotorspeedway.com/Pages/News/pr121109.htm

Axel
12-11-2009, 07:17 PM
wow--the times they are a changin.

interesting. Too bad Thompson is not still doing the 300-- that is the traditional 300 weekend.

BigMac
12-15-2009, 07:08 PM
You can add Wednesday July 21st to the schedule. That's the date for the 2010 Seekonk open.

limodmaniac
12-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Added to the schedule... Will be sponsoring Matt Hirschman on that night!!

Did Seekonk release their entire schedule yet?

Mod134
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Seekonk Speedway has not released their full schedule yet. Also waiting for full schedule from Thompson and Waterford.

BigMac
12-16-2009, 06:44 PM
They did issue a press release this week:

While all seems quiet in the Southeast corner of Massachusetts, management has been busy putting the schedule for the 65th season of competition at the country’s oldest continuous family run speedway. While the full schedule is not complete, the touring divisions visiting The Action Track of the East have been finalized.

The Modified Racing Series have put three events on the calendar for 2010. They will compete on Saturday June 12, Saturday, August 21, and DAV Fall Classic Weekend on October 9 & 10. With three different winners in 2009, two of them becoming first timers at Seekonk, the open wheeled ground-pounders will continue to put on some of the best racing around. All events will be 100 green-flag laps in distance.

The 6th Annual Open Wheel Wednesday Modified Madness date has also been set. This non-sanctioned event, putting $10,000 up for grabs, is scheduled for Wednesday, July 21. Will this be the year that we finally get a repeat winner, or will the winners list grow by one more?

The NEMA Midgets have also scheduled three events at the Bay State Oval. They will team up with the Modified Racing Series on Open Wheel Wednesday and the DAV Fall Classic. The Annual Boston Louie Classic, one of the biggest midget events on the East Coast, this year is scheduled for Saturday, August 28.

The Pro4 Modifieds will grace the Seekonk fans four times over the ’10 season. In addition to the Open Wheel Wednesday and DAV Fall Classic, they are scheduled for Saturday s June 5 and September 4.

The Pro All Stars Series will make their second appearance at the Birthplace of the Pro Stocks on Saturday, August 14, in a 150 lap affair. All Saturday Night events will start at 6pm.

KH0429
01-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Alright, here is what I've got so far. Keep the following in mind.

*I am working with a tight budget, where college comes first.
*I have a limit to how many weekends I can request off.
*I am a fan both both full bodied and open wheeled racing.

March 27th + 28th. TV Mods @ The Bowl.

April 10th + 11th. NWMT @ Thompson. The ICE BREAKER.

April 18th ACT Tour @ Lee USA Speedway.

April 24th (Can't get sunday off for the sizzler)

May 1st Pro All Star Series @ BRMS

May 8th Seekonk Speedway ARC Divisions

May 15th Seekonk Speedway ARC Divisions

May 22nd Seekonk Speedway ARC Divisions

May 29th Unity Raceway Memorial 300 (200 LM 100 WC)

June 5th Seekonk Speedway ARC Divisions

June 12th Seekonk Speedway MRS

June 17th Thompson Speedway MRS

That's all I've got for now

limodmaniac
02-22-2010, 05:21 PM
My schedule looks pretty complete now.

http://www.mahoningspeedway.com/2010_Schedule.doc

limodmaniac
11-29-2010, 09:32 PM
2010 is now complete... look back to view some highlights of the past year.

58 races... a new record for me... How many did the Stonington Mod Mania get to? a number I don't dare go near.... Talk about your maniacs!!

MOD11RACER
11-29-2010, 09:48 PM
They did issue a press release this week:

While all seems quiet in the Southeast corner of Massachusetts, management has been busy putting the schedule for the 65th season of competition at the country’s oldest continuous family run speedway. While the full schedule is not complete, the touring divisions visiting The Action Track of the East have been finalized.

The Modified Racing Series have put three events on the calendar for 2010. They will compete on Saturday June 12, Saturday, August 21, and DAV Fall Classic Weekend on October 9 & 10. With three different winners in 2009, two of them becoming first timers at Seekonk, the open wheeled ground-pounders will continue to put on some of the best racing around. All events will be 100 green-flag laps in distance.

The 6th Annual Open Wheel Wednesday Modified Madness date has also been set. This non-sanctioned event, putting $10,000 up for grabs, is scheduled for Wednesday, July 21. Will this be the year that we finally get a repeat winner, or will the winners list grow by one more?

The NEMA Midgets have also scheduled three events at the Bay State Oval. They will team up with the Modified Racing Series on Open Wheel Wednesday and the DAV Fall Classic. The Annual Boston Louie Classic, one of the biggest midget events on the East Coast, this year is scheduled for Saturday, August 28.

The Pro4 Modifieds will grace the Seekonk fans four times over the ’10 season. In addition to the Open Wheel Wednesday and DAV Fall Classic, they are scheduled for Saturday s June 5 and September 4.

The Pro All Stars Series will make their second appearance at the Birthplace of the Pro Stocks on Saturday, August 14, in a 150 lap affair. All Saturday Night events will start at 6pm.

This looks like a press release for the 2010 season. June 12 and August 21 are Sundays in 2011.

Jaws
11-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I always think that I go to a lot of races until I see Jim's schedule.

Looking back my wife did get a job and I was able to get to about 20 races.

Jim you are my idol!

limodmaniac
11-30-2010, 06:30 AM
StoningtonModMania...please list all the races YOU went to!

Of course, many of them were SK races and some were dirt.......

BigMac
11-30-2010, 06:50 AM
This looks like a press release for the 2010 season. June 12 and August 21 are Sundays in 2011.

It was a press release for 2010. That was first posted almost a year ago.

stoningtonmodmania
11-30-2010, 02:47 PM
LIMM as much as i would like to make a lkist of all the races i went to this year that would take me about 4hrs lol so my final score is, 5 at new symerna the duels nationwide and cup race at big trac then scence waterford open in march at least 1 race till nov14 then turkey derby most weeks tho were 3 beacuse of thompson stafford and tour races so about 12o races are my final for the year

dbucs1
11-30-2010, 05:39 PM
My schedule is simple every mod race in the south from ace to north south shootout. Up north the combo race hopefully the turkey derby again and maby one loudon race.