PDA

View Full Version : scanners?

tbirdracer
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
since i have to get another scanner for neets, which ones do you guys use? i know my scanner does not work there. thanks for any info. tbird

critter
11-14-2009, 08:21 PM
got ours from right here on the site they are a sponosr of neets i do belive , there called speedway communcation ,if u click on the main page click on the m&m s

Dave A
11-15-2009, 08:11 AM
Will a race scanner from radio shack work?

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Theoretically YES!

Our frequency is 154.600. If you take that frequency number to any radio supplier or dealer, they should be able to match it up to the right scanner.

Keep in mind, a SAFEceiver is the right choice...a RACEiver is NOT.
RACEivers do not pick up our frequency.

skor20
11-15-2009, 09:19 AM
this was the first time i think they worked the whole race and they worked great i think it was a big help to have them.

EnduroFromDE
11-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Kory is right, Alot of talk on the radio this time, I liked it...watch the bumpers, watch the bumpers, watch the bumpers,

Tracy57
11-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Years ago when I was a freelance photographer, I got a 30 channel scanner from Wal-mart for around $100.

We left that one in the car for several weeks after a race and it got rained on. Uniden repaired it for around $60- I like this one because it is easy to program and it only has 30 channels. Newer ones can have over 100.

We did buy another one online from ebay- a Nascar brand- but it's confusing to program- a few drivers have this same model at the track though. It is smaller too.

Radio Shack does sell them too- keep an eye out for sale/ clearence and tell Santa....

As always, you can use your scanner in the off season and have it programmed to hear when the police are coming to your garage because you are making too much noise (or partying too much)! :lol:

Poppop
11-15-2009, 10:02 AM
:wave:All I could hear clearly was the red and green. I heard the other stuff and black flag came thru pretty good but the rest was unclear to me. I guess it's just my hearing, I'll try both ears next time but It's good to be able to hear the cars when they come up beside you.:cheers: