PDA

View Full Version : The Big Flip

NeetsSpectator
11-14-2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lX4xMZjvWk

DerbyN8-128
11-14-2009, 10:37 PM
wow...that's crazy. :disgusted

A car had the same thing happen over in turn two, back right wheel popped off and the car got up off the ground but he managed to save it before it rolled.

RICK16RACIN
11-14-2009, 10:39 PM
very good video!! most voilent so far!! glad to see him ok. :applause:

Danger83Ranger
11-14-2009, 10:43 PM
we walked out of the gate right when i heard a massive flip had happened in turn 3-4. i ran back in there and missed what happened so im glad it was caught on tape. this type of stuff reminds me how important safety is. im so glad he was not hurt and was able to walk away from such a nasty crash. luckily the cars behind were able to react quick and stop in time. safety workers were quick on the scene as well, great job all.

DerbyN8-128
11-14-2009, 10:44 PM
after seeing this roll, and Joel's roll from the last race, I am glad mine was only 2 times :lol::lol:

CJfilms
11-14-2009, 11:20 PM
.....Sorry WJ.....there was no safety here.....just luck.

No hoop over the driver's head and a 4 point harness.

Scott (driver of the #71) was VERY lucky to walk away from this unscathed!

Rules meeting one week from today......main subject...safety.

3gracing
11-15-2009, 12:43 AM
Actually Derby-the wheel didnt "pop" off on its own, it was helped along by a bump from another car....thankfully no rollover here, just a shame it had to occur with 5 laps left to go. But i must say, he did finish the race; and the 127 lives to run again!!

critter
11-15-2009, 08:06 AM
ok will guys stop rollin over in front me please , glad no one was hurt

EnduroFromDE
11-15-2009, 08:19 AM
I think a re-enforced R/R tire should be made manditory for next year, There has been I think just one weekend that we went this year with out a multiroll flip, and most of which was from the R/R wheel be torn off the hub. Also, a four point roll cage with two driver side door bars. I took a shot in both doors yesturday about the same time, as well as other drivers in the past and im glad I had those door bars other wise my left leg would not be feeling too good this morning...My drivers door was pushed into the door bars and the p/s door was pushed about 4 inches inside the 2 vertical piller bars of my cage, since I dont have any horizonal bars on that side. I know other enduro tracks require this already and all but a handfull of drivers dont have these installed yet, so making them manditory for next year should not turn anyone away.

mcstockcar
11-15-2009, 08:20 AM
WOW! Awful thing to happen:*-( This time it looks as if it wasnt the wheel coming thru the lugs. Broken axle?. The tracks surface did NOT help thats for sure. It raddled my car sooo bad the exhaust broke, and I think my fillings are down by my kidneys:lol: Im glad to see and have been able to talk to the driver after that in the infield. He will feelit today im sure. Joel-hes got you beat- that was a voilent roll, a triple sow cow,landing-on-the-lid, with a body pretzel twist.......i give it a 9.5!:lol:

mcstockcar
11-15-2009, 08:24 AM
I think a re-enforced R/R tire should be made manditory for next year, There has been I think just one weekend that we went this year with out a multiroll flip, and most of which was from the R/R wheel be torn off the hub. Also, a four point roll cage with two driver side door bars. I took a shot in both doors yesturday about the same time, as well as other drivers in the past and im glad I had those door bars other wise my left leg would not be feeling too good this morning...My drivers door was pushed into the door bars and the p/s door was pushed about 4 inches inside the 2 vertical piller bars of my cage, since I dont have any horizonal bars on that side. I know other enduro tracks require this already and all but a handfull of drivers dont have these installed yet, so making them manditory for next year should not turn anyone away.

I saw your door... it looked bad. Your rite about the wheel factor. At least get a set of those wagon wheels with the 1" lugs or any set of racing wheel. There cheap and can be purchased thru speedway, summit, jegs etc.

Doug132
11-15-2009, 08:39 AM
That is the second RR our group lost... The first was a nasty 3 1/2 flip in turns 3 and 4 and the second was nearly the same in turn 2 yesterday. Right rear racing wheels for all of our cars for next year no matter what is required! :cheers:

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 08:56 AM
.....I'm posting something on a new thread about rules that will answer a few posts from yesterday....see that thread.

Erin C
11-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Joel-hes got you beat- that was a voilent roll, a triple sow cow

That's exactly what I called it yesterday!

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 09:20 AM
Joel-hes got you beat-

Actually........Joel went 3.75.....Scott only went 3.5......... Joel thankfully holds the record for the MOST this season and THANKFULLY, it won't be challenged anymore in 2009!

As for Scott.....I'm very happy you walked away without any troubles! He was even joking around about it afterwards! Glad you were in good spirits.....although, you might need some good spirits to help you feel a little better today once everything settles!

DerbyN8-128
11-15-2009, 09:56 AM
Actually Derby-the wheel didnt "pop" off on its own, it was helped along by a bump from another car....

I didn't say it did pop off on its own, none the less, the same thing could have happened, and as you said, luckily it didn't

richardpetey
11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Next years NEETS rules will allow four caster wheels to be welded to the top corners of your rollcage................:rolleyes:
Safety wheels, 1' lug nuts and 6 ply sidewall tires will be mandatory for all those drivers still wishing to drive shiny side-UP.....................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Hey....shouldn't we give a round of applause to Dave here?

Way to be in the right spot at the right time.....TWICE!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

greenflag
11-15-2009, 10:22 AM
I was sitting in the stands watching that unfold, and I do believe my first words were HOLY 'BEEP'! It seemed like he rolled over more than three times, when I watched it live. It was a scary wreck and I'm really glad to see that the driver walked away uninjured.

Philter39
11-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Scott car71 had the axel stub break. This seams common on the GM cars on this platform. It was not a lug problem.

phil

ThePill
11-15-2009, 12:59 PM
I only counted 3 1/2 rolls. I still win :cool:. Good to see the driver was ok. He was lucky he didn't come down hard on the roof. Hopefully all the rolling is out of our system and next year we don't have to talk about this anymore.

NeetsSpectator
11-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Hey....shouldn't we give a round of applause to Dave here?

Way to be in the right spot at the right time.....TWICE!!!

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks Joe.

I bought this camera just for recording the Neets races and to share with everyone.
The salesman said it was a "flip camera".
I thought that he was talking about the screen that flips out and not the video I was about to record.:lol:

DerbyN8-128
11-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks Joe.

I thought that he was talking about the screen that flips out and not the video I was about to record.:lol:

LOL! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice job on catching both of those rolls though. :cheers:

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM

Erin has one of those cameras.....this is why we leave it at home. LOL!!!!:applause: