PDA

View Full Version : No secrets

gutter7
11-14-2009, 10:43 PM
If you keep saying the driver and one crew guy for tech because there are no secrets in tech, Then why in the heck is there so much whispering and close door meetings throughout? Big car "STRICT TECH" you found stuff on how many cars? and did what about it? no secrets. Start ruling with an iron fist for whoever and what ever or just though the rule book out.:disgusted

RICK16RACIN
11-14-2009, 11:24 PM
This is directed towards me (Rick) I am going to put a stop to this and explain!! This was a very critical race, Everybody listen because this thread is gonna be locked after this post!! As far as tech is concerned it is kept this way to keep everyone equal, I myself DONT want other people looking in and trying to tell Me or any of the other tech guys how to do there job,There was only one car dqed tonight, and that is for him to tell you if he wants!!! , as for 1st place Tim Pauch he had a broken plug wire (melted) and i did give him the oppertunity to fix it because he started the race with all 8 wires , it would not idle on 7 cylinders ,and after he replaced it, it did pass and thats all anyone needs to know period!! We as tech have givin other drivers the oppertunity to make there cars right after a race, Not to change or make adjustments but lets be reasonable everyone would like the same courtesy and we give it !!And there are drivers that can atest to that!!!!! The rules were handed down today! We have alot of good cars out there and we realize that they are driving there a**es off and we dont want to d q anyone but thats how it goes. We strive to be fair and keep as many people happy as we can. but no matter what we do someone will not be happy!! Just remember pre race tech is a courtisy and we dont have to do it , but we feel it would give everyone that has an issue the chance to fix it before the race!! If we dont see it and it fails tech afterwards sorry! I can also stop pre race inspection and not say anything and just fail you when the race is over!!! I dont know if any other tracks do pre race like we do but I thought it would be an advantage for all!! Please remember we are human too and can make mistakes but as far as closed door meetings this is the way we chose to do it, and if you come in the top 5 in a race you will then be part of the meeting!! Communication is the key to keeping everyone fair and on the same playing field!!! It was a great year !! It is looking like a better one next year!!! NEETS this is big!!! :applause::applause:

CJfilms
11-14-2009, 11:38 PM
The last thing that needs to be said here is that the "Closed Door Meetings" and "Whispering in the Tech Area" is mainly to protect the drivers at hand being tech'd from the many listening ears.

I had to push people back away from the tech area SEVERAL times tonight. I did not resort to DQing anyone for getting too close, but after tonight, I am starting to consider it.

What Rick has said here is how it is....if you have a problem with this or need further clarification, call my cell - 267-767-4923......not tonight though, I need some sleep!!!!