PDA

View Full Version : tech guys

leagaleagle
11-15-2009, 05:03 PM
ok lets see i asked you before race about this,150 laps is hard on motors and equipment thats why i asked you what if something fails and you dont make vacum would you be dq and you said yes. So i dont think, you i mean as officials should not even asked a fine up standing guy like chris reichert if he cares what you do, you should made the call as the promoter of the race.because you would not even had a meeting if it was chris that won the race and burned a wire on his car and didnt make vacum you just would of dq him this is my opinion only, its was a good season of races at neets just have to keep everthing equal thanks neets for a good season Cory Baver

RICK16RACIN
11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
:disgusted I dont recall having a conversation with you at all!!! Read the post before that is locked and you will find out why !! If you recall earlier in the year one of Chris`s team mates(#70)Won the race( and we had a meeting because his car wouldnt run) and allowed him to put a starter in his car so I could pull vacum!!!!( It took 20 minutes to do ) So I let Timmy put on a plug wire( it took 10 seconds to do) and it passed and that was my decission!!! Please put a rest to this ,We as officials give everyone a fair chance!! And I know you would expect the same when you get in this position!! Joe please lock this post also!!:(

leagaleagle
11-15-2009, 07:48 PM
why do we have these if there going to be locked just keep starting a new one,well you made the choice to put the wire on because it would of put pauch to 5 points standings thats why you did it dont sugar coat anything by bringing something up in the past.because the rules stated for this race, its the last one so no excuses

RICK16RACIN
11-15-2009, 07:58 PM
:mad::mad:Now you accuse Me of favortism!!! Not a chance here!! I dqed Richy Smith last night and I have known him and have been freinds with him alot longer then i have known Timmy. Everyone was givin chances all year and if you want to defend Chris come to the rules meeting on Saturday and we will talk , and maybe the rule will change I dont know!! But dont bash on here if you have something to say CALL ME my number is on the contacts section of the NEETS home page!!!! I am probally one of the most resonable tech guys in racing!!

CAPTAIN
11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Rick is right about letting me put a starter on my car, but a starter does not, not, not change the performance of a motor, a burnt plug wire will change the performance. Pauch did not pass tech until he put a new plug wire on his motor. I can't go put on a different carb if i do not pass tech. Go to the neets web site, it states that there will be no leniency. That was stated before the race. I understand trying to help out and to make things right, no one wants to lose a race because of a failure, i understand it was done in the past, but my problem with this situation is that it was stated, and stressed before the race. I believe in the interest of fairness that pauch should have been disqualified, i like tim, he's a tough competator, but why make a statement and then go back on it. Neets needs to stick to the rule book. This will be my last post on this issue. The decisions have been made, (however contravershall), there is nothing we can do to change their decision, all we can do is learn from it. If chris reichert, or myself, would not have passed tech i would be saying the same thing. The rules are the rules!!!! Keep this forum open, we all have opinions and we all should be heard, because without the drivers and fans, there will be no neets!!!! Captain # 70

Erin C
11-15-2009, 08:24 PM
I just think it is funny how Chris was the one standing up for Timmy and wanted him to get the win and everyone else complains. You can hear his car dying in the last 20-30 laps of the race...Joe and I stay out of tech and it was a courtesy to the top 6 drivers to have the meeting and talk it out with everyone involved.

With that said, I think we all had a great year and I think that these complaints happen no matter where you go. Everyone has a problem with something somewhere, but where else can you go where you are actually listened to? Like I say to everyone, if you have a problem call one of us and we will work things out and explain things better than we could by typing...don't hide behind the computer and say things that you wouldn't normally say to our faces. I know no matter what is done there is always going to be someone unhappy but we are willing to explain the reason why we do certain things and if you just listen to what we have to say you may just understand.

There are certain people I have much respect for that call with problems rather than starting trouble on the forum...the forum is for information, updates, etc...not picking battles.

RICK16RACIN
11-15-2009, 08:27 PM
:wave:You are right Captain and as far as Timmys car it would not idle smoothly without the plug wire!!! And as far as you car it wouldnt even run so really there is no difference!! If anyone else`s car did the same thing they would have been able to put a wire on!! But NO adjustments, I stopped Timmy from going to adjust his carb to smooth out the idle!! And if I remember Captain I allowed you to put you loose distributor back in time to get a smooth idle that day also!! Like I said I am very fair and easy to get along with and I want to stay that way!!!! I hope I dont have to become like everyother Tech man out there!! :(

leagaleagle
11-15-2009, 08:29 PM
iam done its been a great race season, so have a good banquet and holiday season see ya next year

RICK16RACIN
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM
We dont want to be like every other enduro series out there , we want to be better and we value everybodys efforts, and listen to what everyones opinions good bad or indifferent!!! With that said we are trying to be as perfect as humanly possible and NOBODY is perfect!! But we are getting much better and we will keep getting better and have more and more cars and competition and hopefully become the best in the tri state area!! :applause::applause:

leagaleagle
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
iam done its been a great race season, so have a good banquet and holiday season see ya next year

:applause:joe erin and all the neets crew did a great job:applause:

Erin C
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Thank you very much =]

Have a wonderful Holiday Season as well :cheers:

CJfilms
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Close 'em down, shut 'em off....slap 'em and go! :cool:

I knew we were going to get a few questions about the "closed door meeting", but I did not want to see a ton of unanswered questions roll down a slippery slope as Erin and I crashed out last night.....

We were both WIDE awake Friday night until almost 2AM.....I woke up Saturday morning at 3:45AM and was not going back to sleep....you can even see my 4:04AM Racin' Racin' Racin' post!

Unlike many other organizations, I'm not going to shut down/delete a thread unless it becomes extremely vulgar or out of control with bashing drivers, etc... Although the thread did not get out of hand, Gutter did pose some good questions which I spoke to him about today on the phone and explained out in full detail.....without having to type it!!! THANK YOU!!!! :help::lol:

But, to go back to the original question you asked...
After the race, if a car fails vacuum, does it fail tech?

The answer was and still is, yes. As with Chuck, his car would not start. We gave him time to get the car running.....not to get the car legal. Once the car started and ran, it pulled vacuum. Timmy, with a different yet similar problem, was faced with a spark plug wire melting off the car with less than 20 laps to go. The plug was fouled out and the wire was ruined....BUT, for 136 or so laps, the motor was fine. We were watching his lap times.....nothing stood out. His racing style was a smooth and clean as ever...he went the whole race without a flat! The only difference this race was a plug fouled out and the wire melted off. Who knows how much damage was in fact done to the motor during those last 15 laps.

7 times before this race, the motor was legal. Timmy has never had a tech issue at any previous NEETS race. This was not a leniency or favoritsm....it was a very hard, well earned, effort made by Timmy that could not be taken away by a 1/2 inch of vacuum. If the motor pulled 15 inches or the springs were illegal or something else, Tim would be short 200 points and a championship right now.

The one person who stood up for this call in the "closed door meeting" was Chris Reichert himself. The one person who would have benefitted the most from a call against Tim....and he stood up for him.

Chris did something very honorable.....and it will not go unnoticed. Chris, what you did is what NEETS is all about.....:applause:

Losing the championship to a 1/2" of vacuum due to engine trouble is too far.....we're too human to make a bad call like that against ANY driver.

CAPTAIN
11-15-2009, 10:23 PM
What was the deal with peety's springs??? I heard they were cut. Remember im not judgein, just curious what the deal was???

richardpetey
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Just for the record, my springs were both unaltered double pigtail, same height, same wire diameter and same lbs/per square inch ratings..................:applause:
After an incident at a previous race I had to replace one of the springs with a stock after market unit and it did not mirror exactly the OE spring.....................:help:
For that reason, the tech guys started to question the spring appearance but upon further examination it was deemed legal.............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

310fig8
11-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Just for the record, my springs were both unaltered double pigtail, same height, same wire diameter and same lbs/per square inch ratings..................:applause:
After an incident at a previous race I had to replace one of the springs with a stock after market unit and it did not mirror exactly the OE spring.....................:help:
For that reason, the tech guys started to question the spring appearance but upon further examination it was deemed legal.............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey !!!!! Is that the first time we ever heard the name "Petey" . and the word "Legal" in the same sentence???? :) Just Kidding Uncle Petey... See you at Wall.

richardpetey
11-16-2009, 12:03 PM
These promoters are really beat'en me up..........I'm starting to feel like "RODNEY"................:help:
It ain't easy having 30 or so of MY trophy's in someone elses display case...............:disgusted
I'm tired of getting "thank you" notes from the second place guy.........:mad:
If you don't like tech, just go through right after me, the tech guys will be TOO tired to look at anything on your car..................:rolleyes:
Whats next? You gonna tech the DRIVER, hehe...........:(
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
11-16-2009, 12:56 PM
i wouldnt mind being teched...depends on whos doing the teching!!! lol jk :lol:

Danger83Ranger
11-16-2009, 03:36 PM
uncle petey, you don't want them to tech the driver. After they take their 'measurements', then you might feel like you got cheated!!!! :lol:

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

richardpetey
11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I wonder what they meant by: "he came up a little short in tech"...........:help:
W.J., have you been peeking under my shifter boot again? hehe........:eek:
Well at least the tech guys always know I'm well sprung.........:rolleyes:
If they tell ya your a little light in the sneakers, does that mean you got a tire going down.......................:(
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CAPTAIN
11-16-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for clarifing about your springs peety. I really had know idea, but i heard there was trouble with your springs. Good run bud!!!!!

richardpetey
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Good work W.J.! I love GENERAL rules leaves more Wiggle room..............:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

richardpetey
11-16-2009, 06:49 PM
You were cranking out there Chuck, until the front stretch incident................:(
I don't like the junk on the track too much either but I've done it for so long its second nature...................:rolleyes:
One of these days I'll get the hang of this dirt stuff...............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
You were cranking out there Chuck, until the front stretch incident................:(
I don't like the junk on the track too much either but I've done it for so long its second nature...................:rolleyes:
One of these days I'll get the hang of this dirt stuff...............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

JUNK?...As in my car:lol: or the tire i left out there or the right side exhaust system that the track wash board consumed:lol:........