PDA

View Full Version : Keith Rocco Released From Whelen Modified Tour Ride By Team Owner Ed Partridge

ShawnCourchesne
11-15-2009, 11:25 PM
Keith Rocco Released From Whelen Modified Tour Ride By Team Owner Ed Partridge ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

Bobby1717
11-16-2009, 06:40 AM
I know there is two sides to every story but its too bad that Rocco will not be on the tour.

Worried about fixing equipment??? You had Jimmy Blewett as your driver.

Jimmy did win in the car more that once but I remember watching Jimmy more times than not in that car in the past few years and was out to lunch numerous times. I can't remember the last time the 12 team being up front consistenlty and batteling for a title. Just having the name Partridege as the owner can't make you a contender every year.

holleratme
11-16-2009, 07:58 AM
MAYBE the SHOW is NOT OVER:)

skbob
11-16-2009, 09:24 AM
first he's tossed to the wolves, then he's tossed aside.
too bad, he's got the potential.

RacinRob
11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
if silk drives the car they will be in contention for the title...no doubts about it.

MXCHAMP04
11-16-2009, 12:21 PM
It goes to show you, no matter what your talent level is, if you can't get along with the team, you're out. Matt Hirschman is another example. These owners paying large amounts of money to run these cars, and are not gonna put up with any problems, even from talented drivers.

BigMac
11-16-2009, 01:07 PM
It comes down to performance. Silk did a lot more with his opportunity in about the same sample of work. That's life. The guy earned it. They've already proven they can win together. Seems like a no brainer to me.

BOWATCHER
11-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Ed + Bo= 3 sk Titles

KH0429
11-16-2009, 02:15 PM
Keith will get another Ride on the WMT, no question.
In his position I would go for a NASCAR National Title this season though.

RGeeProductions
11-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Ed + Bo= 3 sk Titles

Hey BOWATCHER, you can throw that fact into the SK forum....OH, we don't have one!!!!!
Now, what's BO's record in a TOUR car?????

limodmaniac
11-16-2009, 04:39 PM
It goes to show you, no matter what your talent level is, if you can't get along with the team, you're out. Matt Hirschman is another example. These owners paying large amounts of money to run these cars, and are not gonna put up with any problems, even from talented drivers.

And sometimes the owner of the cars can be a problem themselves.

KyleMac45
11-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I think Ronnie Silk would do just fine in the Tour Car!... He hopped in the car and won, at what I would say is probably the toughest tracks on the WMT Circuit NHMS...

Kyle

stoningtonmodmania
11-16-2009, 05:44 PM
silk is a good driver there is nothing 2 say 2 take that away from him, but in rocco's case how many times has he been in a tour car 6 times all together no matter what ride roccos's in he needs time 2 actully drive a car 4 a full year 2 compare him 2 anyone

MXCHAMP04
11-16-2009, 05:49 PM
And sometimes the owner of the cars can be a problem themselves.
Yeah I know youre a Hirschman supporter and all. But can you explain how it is that a driver wins some races and finishes second in the title chase and at the end of the year gets told to get his seat out of the car. I know the whole story behind the seat, do you? And since the owners own the car, and pay the bills, I guess they call the shots.

Hilo Man
11-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I think some car owners think they can just spend money and win. Like having more cars than anyone else or the biggest hauler. I know a team that ran one car and a small trailer and won two titles. It takes a team to win. not just money.

GLC050
11-16-2009, 06:27 PM
I know that team, and they still can win as a team.:cheers:

BOWATCHER
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Hey BOWATCHER, you can throw that fact into the SK forum....OH, we don't have one!!!!!
Now, what's BO's record in a TOUR car?????

Great Idea RGEE Lets open an SK forum a no brainer Iknew that sk in Grodski meant something LMAO

The Bullfather
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM
GrodSKi awesome! lol SK forum would be cool with them being modifieds!!! Great Idea!

BOWATCHER
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Happy Birthday BO:D

44YEARWALLMOD
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Maybe i am not getting it but the crew chief said he did not like the idea that he had to throw out his book of notes because of kieth driving style? Ive been around the block with the mods a few times thats a new one. A good crew chief can set a car up at any track know matter who the driver is.

Bobby1717
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree 100% 44yearoldmod. All it is, is a bunch of excuses. What does that say about the crew chief if he can only set up the car a certain way. I guess that's the reason why the team has not had much success on a consistent basis.

The Bullfather
11-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Showtime and the Rocco family have had many tangles on the track and off it, there could be something to that, some people just don't get along. Not saying this is the reason...

I would rather have Silk as my driver, proven winner and excellent driver that will bring the car home in good shape. Keith would have to take time learning the new tracks, while Silk is used to them. Silk would have the upper hand communicating with the crew chief and team, he does have more experience working with the TS team!

Ka$h25
11-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Showtime and the Rocco family have had many tangles on the track and off it, there could be something to that, some people just don't get along. Not saying this is the reason...

I would rather have Silk as my driver, proven winner and excellent driver that will bring the car home in good shape. Keith would have to take time learning the new tracks, while Silk is used to them. Silk would have the upper hand communicating with the crew chief and team, he does have more experience working with the TS team!

I must be missing the part where Jimmy Blewett has any relevance in this topic. Why would his relationship with Rocco even be a point to bring up?

The Bullfather
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Johnny you that blind??? Who did Jimmy race for??? You coming from a racing family you should know that when a driver gets into an altercation most if not all the team is involved! Things are said between teams and drivers in the pits, maybe from previous years the communication might not be there between crew chief and new driver! Chemistry is a big part of racing, a driver is going to need a car that is set up to his needs! Sometimes it's just not there, It's like working for supervisor you might not like, he might not get the best work out of you!

I'd still pick Silk over Rocco right now to race for me!

Fkraft99
11-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Pete if that was a concern he would have never gotten a chance in the car to begin with.

I dont understand why everything has to turn into a bashing contest. It has nothing to do with who likes who more, and who said what to who. The job is to go out and win the race. And Eddie and Tommy feel that Ronnie gives them the best shot to do that on a consistent basis, right now. Thats all, plain and simple. I wish Keith the best of luck in the future, I wish he would have choose his words better in the article with Shawn but what can ya do.

Good luck to everyone at the Derby see ya there.

Drumz1959
11-16-2009, 11:44 PM
Nice post Fred:cheers:

mattphoto
11-17-2009, 07:23 AM
I would love to see Ronnie get another shot on the tour

Axel
11-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I hope Rocco gets another shot at a tour ride. I think he has the talent to be a winner in the tour ranks.

catfish
11-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Well said Fred, and for what it's worth nobody owes anyone an explanation. Eddied owns and pays for it, Tommy Grasso rebuilds and maintains it and in the end their decision is their decision. In the end that "all she wrote"

LiquidBread
11-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Well said Mr. Kraft. We can speculate all we want and offer opinions, that's what makes TCH great and the forum of choice. However, there are an awful lot of talented drivers without WMT rides at the moment, and bashing serves little purpose. If it was based on talent alone, Hoss, Matt, Silky, Rocco, and several others would have a seat on the tour. The owners pay the bills, and ultimately it's their call. Who knows why decisions are made. Fred DeSarro got dumped for goodness sake. It's been that way forever. Owner: "You're out."; Driver: "Uh, Okay.".

BTW, GrodSKi is one of the funnier posts I've seen in a long time!!!

hollywoodmic
11-18-2009, 05:18 PM
What a lot of people are forgetting as well, is some of the best years on the Tour Ronnie had were in the 19 with his crew chief..................Tommy Grasso. There is no getting to know you, they have great chemistry already. I can't wait to see them run the full schedule together again. Good luck to TS and Ronnie Silk.
Note to Eddie: buy as many cars, trailers, trucks, spotters, pit boxes, crew chiefs as you like, it's your money, you earned it and you can do whatever you like with it. Don't you just love the haters?? Good Luck in 2010

LiquidBread
11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
What a lot of people are forgetting as well, is some of the best years on the Tour Ronnie had were in the 19 with his crew chief..................Tommy Grasso. There is no getting to know you, they have great chemistry already. I can't wait to see them run the full schedule together again. Good luck to TS and Ronnie Silk.
Note to Eddie: buy as many cars, trailers, trucks, spotters, pit boxes, crew chiefs as you like, it's your money, you earned it and you can do whatever you like with it. Don't you just love the haters?? Good Luck in 2010

Now if we can just get NASCAR and the promoters to put a couple more deals together to expand the schedule to 18, all would be right with the world. Here's hoping Christmas comes before Easter.

AnneMarie
11-19-2009, 10:54 PM
Too many cooks spoil the pot!!:rolleyes:

bud
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Maybe the whole Stafford deal the night before Louden and the fact Silk won the Louden race kinda sealed the deal to. Kinda inmature what happened at Stafford and the comments made after the race............I would think no matter how good you are the average car owner would shy away from that situation...........We are getting noticed by TV now too......
I know TC divebombs people but that night at Stafford wasn't a divebomb Rocco just plowed him.........