PDA

View Full Version : neets!

The G-Man42
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
man it seems like this year was a blast for all! i cant wait till next year im buildin a 4 cyl for grandview should be fun! i raced with neets in the begining at mountain now i wanna try dirt any pointers for runnin at grandview? well look for the #42 vw and say hi

Poppop
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
:)This was my first half year running with NEETS and one of the first things I had to learn to do was start off easy because the track is realey muddy at the start. Then, keep the dirt out of the important places like your engine and eyes. Watch out for the other guys "like me" :lol: I got hit by out of control cars pretty hard a couple times and it was'nt their fault, they probably got hit by somebody else and couldn't get control like happened to me on Saturday. And last but most important, make your car as safe as possible. :applause: Oh, and none of this :cheers: till after.:lol:

Erin C
11-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Welcome BACK aboard, Jay! You will find that this board is great for asking questions and getting them answered. If you have any technical questions, go to our contacts page on the website and you can contact our tech men or Joe with any question you may have.

See you soon =]

richardpetey
11-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Only raced a 4 cyl. a couple of times, so can't give you much performance enhancing techniques............................:eek:
But, I can tell ya seat time is everything just make sure your a$$ is safe..........................:rolleyes:
Be patient, don't try to win the race in the first lap.......................:help:
The more time you put into your enduro car the more time you'll spend RACING on the track..................:applause:
You 4-cyl. guys correct me if I'm wrong, but the set-up(tires, pressures, etc.)
on a FWD is directly opposite from a RWD.................;)
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Danger83Ranger
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
doesnt apply to me very much, traction is just plain not possible. lol. will have to come up with something for next season. patience/safety is the number 1 thing to remember. my dad raced my truck for 3 races, finished 2 of them with a 15th and 18th which were pretty respectable finishes considering our disadvantage. stay clean, watch out for who or whats around you, and dont over steer! that seems to be a problem with some drivers, they over steer and end up up and down the track trying not to spin out. good luck in 2010!

Sac-Man
11-16-2009, 01:36 PM
Seat time is key. Whatever you can do to make your car turn. I have the most air in my right front and the least in the rears. I am almost running the same air pressures that I do on asphalt and one quarter inch more toe out on dirt. I had brand new tires up front which really helped out in the beginning when the track was wet and heavy.
The tires that turn, drive, seemed crazy at first; too much gas – you’re going straight, not enough gas – you’re going straight.:-B:rolleyes::confused::*-(
I think a lot may also have to do with your driving style. Do you like to brake going into the turn or burp the gas and turn the wheel. I started racing on dirt and wasn’t thrilled about getting dirty again but once out there I realized there is so much more you can do; DRIVING.:applause:
Be prepared to hit the wall coming out of turn four. It will break your car. Its just Grandview!:lol:

The G-Man42
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
thanx all for the advice!ive ran countless 4cyl enduros on asphalt so the dirt advice will help! and uncle petey it will be great to see u again ur always a hoot u might not remember me but i tried helpin ya out with ur 1st small car at mountain. i like seein that everyone gets along in this enduro group i owned a enduro car that my brother drove to championships at mahoning and it became no fun after awhile this group gets :applause: and 2 thumbs up!

Poppop
11-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Seat time is key. Whatever you can do to make your car turn. I have the most air in my right front and the least in the rears. I am almost running the same air pressures that I do on asphalt and one quarter inch more toe out on dirt. I had brand new tires up front which really helped out in the beginning when the track was wet and heavy.
The tires that turn, drive, seemed crazy at first; too much gas – you’re going straight, not enough gas – you’re going straight.:-B:rolleyes::confused::*-(
I think a lot may also have to do with your driving style. Do you like to brake going into the turn or burp the gas and turn the wheel. I started racing on dirt and wasn’t thrilled about getting dirty again but once out there I realized there is so much more you can do; DRIVING.:applause:
Be prepared to hit the wall coming out of turn four. It will break your car. Its just Grandview!:lol:
:wave:It'll break more than your car, It'll break your concentration!:lol:

critter
11-16-2009, 03:56 PM
just wait till i have my 4 cyl done, hehe

tbirdracer
11-16-2009, 07:32 PM
erin is it not a safety rule that critter can run only one race per day? just protecting the 4-cyc guys. just playing, everyone has fun at neets even if you don't know anyone we're fun to hang with.

mcstockcar
11-16-2009, 08:43 PM
just wait till i have my 4 cyl done, hehe

Going to the other side eh critter? Listen to these guys G-man they no what there takin about. this was my rookie year and they taught me alot and i learned alot from.........SEAT TIME also !( and posting time see critter):lol:

critter
11-16-2009, 08:45 PM
funny jack , but the dx boys r goin to run both divisons next yr , woohoo think of all the post ill have for two cars lol

mcstockcar
11-16-2009, 08:50 PM
You ll guys will be as big as Childress Racing or a bunch of Children Racing?:lol::lol::lol:

FSracer9
11-17-2009, 06:39 PM
from my little bit of experience on the dirt, your'e going to want as much stagger in the back as you can get, but on the front try to stay about straight up with stagger with the right front only slightly bigger than the left front. that and about 1/4 inch of toe out in the front is all i had done with the jetta

richardpetey
11-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Jay! Sure I remember ya, how ya doing?.................;)
Hey you don't need advise from us, if you can drive the "dogtrack" you can run well anywhere..................................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

The G-Man42
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
doin great petey figured it was time to come back and play again! thankyou devin with the input it will help havent done this in awhile so it helps alot!!!! cant wait to cut loose with the new mystery machine! man i miss the festiva i ran at mahoning!:applause:

NJ Chick
11-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Holy cow!! JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome you are coming to play with us in the dirt next year!!! Can't wait to see you and your car!!!:wave:

The G-Man42
11-19-2009, 11:10 PM
u bet i miss u guys! :)

Poppop
11-20-2009, 07:54 AM
man i miss the festiva i ran at mahoning!:applause:

:wave:I was looking at a festy befor I bought my cavalier, and it's still available if you're interested. It got hit in the rear but still runs. Just a little too small for me to get into.:lol:
Poppop

Philter39
11-20-2009, 10:39 PM
I agree with Sac-man.Got to do all you can to get em to turn.If you see a fwd spin out it either broke or got plenty of help.Seat time.Ive been enduring for 24 years and still learning.On dirt you can find a way to make your car work.Its more about driving and less about tires.Dirt tracks are rougher on weak chassis components.Check out the suspension and steering parts good.And yes the wall at grandview is hard.No woosey safer barriers there.

Haben sie gut 2010 renn Jahresziet phil

FSracer9
11-20-2009, 11:14 PM
i agree also. all about the driving. the smoother you are the better. idk what motor your vw has but if its a 1.8 liter single cam good luck. 80 something horsepower:] i could stay with the good dohc cars in the turns but get to the straights and lookout here they come

The G-Man42
11-23-2009, 05:40 PM
its a 2.0l with 120hp enough to outpull the ricshaws lmao aka jap cars!:lol: i also got lucky it has the german block which has oil injectors in the bores and forged pistons crank and rods! i play with vws all the time so this will help me with racin one also all the knowledge gained from my brother racin one for a few years will helpout with fine tuning.

FSracer9
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
why did they not put that in '87 jettas!!??!! hahaha

The G-Man42
11-24-2009, 02:56 PM
to bad i cant use my monster motor! 13to1 2.4l vw race motor about 200hp then again maybe they wont notice lol:angel:

Erin C
11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
to bad i cant use my monster motor! 13to1 2.4l vw race motor about 200hp then again maybe they wont notice lol:angel:

As you state it publicly, LOL! :cheers:

The G-Man42
11-25-2009, 07:27 AM
ah why not i plan on puttin that in my daily driver anyways i dont think if would work on dirt with tiny tires