PDA

View Full Version : train race

ramit1824
11-16-2009, 07:24 PM
what ever happened to the train race that was cool to watch ?

The Bullfather
11-16-2009, 08:13 PM
They lost steam!!! bad pun! They seemed to lose numbers after they switched over to the figure 8 course. But also another thing was getting 3 cars for each team and then getting those 3 cars to the track!

nobandwagonhere
11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Actually, they gained trains when it switched over. I ran PLENTY of them (ran, flipped..u name it...). We had 7-8 trains out there at one point. Our group alone would go out there with 3-4 trains. The main thing was getting 3 cars to the track. That was the biggest downfall. Billy D. used to let the regulars park at the track but it got to be too much. Also the payout was pretty good and I think they (Cromartys) figured that out. The last year they ran them (I didnt run) there were 3 regular trains and the payout was cut. Wasnt worth the payout.....JMO

LetItShine
12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
train racing was fun but as for what boom boom said it was a pain to get the cars to the track. I for one have always said to run them with only 2 cars:D

killa54
12-05-2009, 04:03 PM
they should run it with 2 cars & a 10 ft chain linking them together. It would be less cars with more competitors. Do it f8 style and it would get crazy. Jmo