PDA

View Full Version : Banquet / Luncheon

JH6868
11-19-2009, 08:57 AM
What happened at the luncheon last week? Who won what, were the point fund checks awarded and how much? How about the attendance, who went?

RacinRob
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Wish I knew! You think longislandjam would have something! Even a bried post on who won what! I mean we are the only track on long island! Its a shame, I know its hard to find someone to dedicate time to the job, however I hear too much about bethel and other tracks and not enough about our own! - just figured that this even was a big deal...jmo

attituderacing
11-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Rookies
Timmy Solomito
Jerry Solomito
John Vullo
1x?

Most Poular
Timmy Solomito
Chris Turbush
Jrod
Tom Kraft

Top 5 in all classes

Best appearing
Chuck Stuerer
Chris McGiure
Rob Mc Cormick
Roger Maynor

No point checks..They are going to be given out at the safer banquet
This is all I can remember

RacinRob
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Thank you linda!

Fkraft99
11-19-2009, 10:55 AM
if it was such a big deal, maybe you should have went? couldnt afford a ticket? lol

JH6868
11-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Is the modified point fund money being issued at the SAFER banquet too?

leah28racing
11-19-2009, 12:09 PM
As posted under Safer Banquet thread all monies will be issued then.

And only to those who participated will be eligible

as follows

figure 8

roger maynor
scott pedersen
john vullo
mike mujsce sr
kenny hyde sr

chargers

chris turbush
dan turbush
chris mcguire
jerry solomito
frank dumicich jr

blunderbusts

tom walkowiak
tom pickerell
scott maliszewski
eddie mistretta
kevin rommeney

trucks

mike albasini
roger turbush
dan grennan
lou maestri
rob mccormick

mods
john fortin
dave brigati
chuck steuer
bill park
timmy solomito

latemodels

scott kulesa
roger oxee
buzzy eriksen
mike bologna
artie pedersen

W. J.
11-19-2009, 12:16 PM
Congrats to all the winning drivers, and a special thanks to Leah for her efforts and hard work to provide a point fund for them. I hope she will do the same in the future, and get the support she needs and deserves to continue the effort. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause:

RacinRob
11-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Freddie I couldn't attend for two reasons...first one being they wouldn't accept food stamps and the second reason is bc I'm not good enough to finish top 5 in points! :)

hollywoodmic
11-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Rob anyone could have came, it's open to the public and it was free. It has never been billed as a "Champions Only" deal, so before you come on here complaining about the "Jam coverage" and how you hear about "other tracks", perhaps you should've gotten off your couch and joined the rest of us. It was a great time, great speeches and a great group of people, and we had about 120 people. Sorry you missed it!!!!

RacinRob
11-19-2009, 05:13 PM
I didn't know my couch was doing electro cardiograms at brookhaven emergency room for 12 hours....way to put you foot in your mouth! I'm entitled to my opinion just like you and as I clearly stated in my post, I said I understand it is tough to find a person to fill the position as reporter. When I cannot attend events such as this one I depend on the jam for the news they have provided in the past. Didn't know being dissapointed was bashing anybody? I don't understand why some people are so sensitive When you work in healthcare you have to work weekends, my bad.

Golf Guy
11-19-2009, 05:55 PM
Now, now boys. Santa Claus is watching. Do you both want coal in your stocking?

hollywoodmic
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Rob, had no clue you worked in healthcare or weekends??? Nor did I see in your post that you couldn't attend because of that. What I did see was alot of complaining.

I help to put this event on, you know when everyone bitc*ed because they had NO banquet??? That's why I will be sensitive to what you say. Had you put in your post that you couldn't attend, you would've gotten a different response. You also put you didn't come because you weren't in the Top 5 in points, not because you were working.

As for you working on the weekends.....Silly me I thought you were at the races almost every Saturday (umm weekend) and I'm pretty sure you ran an Enduro Truck this year on Sundays (umm still a weekend). So you're right I should've know you worked weekends based on the history you have of being at the racetrack during the season almost every weekend. NEVER ONCE did I say you "bashed" anyone. Complain yes bash no. As far as the "foot in your mouth" BS, whatever.

Steve Halpin

RacinRob
11-19-2009, 08:09 PM
I do think its great that you helped give us some kind of recognition for hard work put forth during the season. I would have attended how i not worked regardless of my points finish, I was joking around with freddie because he asked me if I couldnt afford the ticket lol. Maybe thats where you misunderstood me. As far as racing enduro trucks on sundays, I dont not do that anymore unfortunatley because of my work schedule. you can be mad at me if you feel i was wrong for voicing my opinion, if you are sorry you feel that way.

Ka$h25
11-19-2009, 08:55 PM
So wait, the JAM shouldn't provide coverage because anyone who cared should have gone? That seems rather ignorant.

As a whole the JAM really hasn't been focused much on Riverhead. I missed the announcement of the schedule, and the ROY awards because of LI Need For Speed announcements, Turkey Derby announcements, Motorsports 2010 (:confused:) announcements, and so on and so on. Before that it seemed to be all about Bethel, and NELMA, etc. etc.

I know it's the off-season and a lot of our locals travel around and it's nice to know how they're doing and where they're gonna be, but Riverhead Raceway news should be number one priority and stay on the main page.

Just my two cents.

Tommyj16
11-19-2009, 09:09 PM
I do remeber the Jam article that stated J Fortin and Timmy wher going to the awards down south and then are coming right back to attend the Riverhead awards. in fact here it is from the article. and I Quote

Both John Fortin and Timmy Solomito will be at the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series banquet Friday November 13th at the Concord, N.C. Convention Center to receive their honors.

For the third time in four years, Phillip Morris of Ruckersville, N.C. won the National NASCAR WAAS championship in his Late Model racer and will headline the evening's banquet.

On Sunday afternoon November 15th John Fortin will be honored at the Riverhead Raceway champions' celebration for his 2009 championship, while Timmy Solomito will be named 2009 Rookie of the Year at
JC'S Restaurant & Pub in Manorville at 1:00 pm.

hollywoodmic
11-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Kash and Rob it's your choice of words or phrases. Kash IGNORANT, who are you calling ignorant, if it's me send me a private message and we can take care of that. You are in no position to be calling anyone ignorant, you know how your negative posts have helped you in the past. You need to choose words correctly when on here. Like Rob with your, " way to put your foot in your mouth" or like telling Terry Stiles he looks like a "fool". This is a message board, opinions are great, I welcome them, the personal attacks are unwarrented.

Rob, totally not mad at you. As I metioned earlier I would have never broke your chops had you noted you were at work and that's why you were hoping to see the info on the JAM.

I say Kash has so many opinions and has all the answers perhaps he should become the JAM reporter, then he can sign in the pits for free. Then I can read all of his "know it all" opinions. For a guy who's been to Riverhead, White Lake and Mountain you sure have a history of a lot of opinions on how things should be done and how Riverhead should be run, pretty arrogant.

LongIslandJam
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
Before this gets crazy, the point of the thread to discuss the winners of the special awards. Linda - thank you for posting the winners, it's appreciated.

LongIslandJam.com is geared for the Long Island oval-track racer. In the off season, as we cover our Long Island Saturday night warriors capping off their seasons by running abroad, we still provide the same coverage of Riverhead Raceway that we do during the season - as our home track is our primary focus.

Remember news is not static. We try to keep the site interesting and fresh with a consistent stream of news and information, and despite our limited staff, I feel we do the best with what we have.

Tommyj16
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Not bad idea Kash for jam reporter I like the sound of that. Come kash give it a shot You know you will get good stuff just sitting next to dad on Sat. lol :cheers:

RGeeProductions
11-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Not bad idea Kash for jam reporter I like the sound of that. Come kash give it a shot You know you will get good stuff just sitting next to dad on Sat. lol :cheers:

HUH??? I never seen dad in turn 1!!!! LOL

Tommyj16
11-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Ya bad idea after all sorry what was I thinking :disgusted lol.

W. J.
11-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Not bad idea Kash for jam reporter I like the sound of that. Come kash give it a shot
You know you will get good stuff just sitting next to dad on Sat. lol :cheers:Oh, have they put a passenger seat in that Fig-8 car??? :lol:

Tower Man
11-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Hollywood, lighten up on the kid, it was not a bash. You worked hard at making this happen and I commend you. However, what he said is true about the Bethel coverage. Riverhead Raceway is a Long Island track and needs coverage on the Long Island Jam.

The Jam needs a person dedicated to Riverhead Raceay coverage. That's all he was saying.

Now about that beer we were having...it's getting flat and warm.

JH6868
11-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks Linda and Leah for answering my questions. I really didn't mean to get
everyone so upset but there was no info on here, the EYE or Pit Bull.

allhailunc
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Man-o-Man i'm missing out on allthis fun?NOT:lol:

The Bullfather
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
PitstopPitbull doesn't do press releases, that why we have the The Jam's front page. If a press release was given to J.A. or Richie, then we would have seen it on the front page. My site is an entertainment site with video coverage and interviews.

People complained about no notice of the swap meet and now the luncheon. All it is lack of communication and know that is one thing that is a pet peeve for both who run Racer Hub. J.A. and Richie do one heck of a job with all the sites, but they need press releases to put up on the front page. They are looking for a full time Riverhead reporter, if anyone is interested or knows someone who would be good, contact them!!! Keep up the good work guys! But don't blame them because you see "Need for Speed or other press releases, it is what is sent to them!

By the way is was at Riverhead Raceway for EEKR that day, can I be excused Mr. Halpin??? lol Keep up the good work too!

hollywoodmic
11-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Tower Man my anger is more directed at his IGNORANT comment.... Who is Kash to call anyone IGNORANT??? That's all. If I was having an argument with Tommy Walkowiak about the same thing I was doing with Racin Rob, Johnny would have never called me IGNORANT, but thats how he is.

I also say, never ask someone to do a job you're not willing to do yourself. So the JAM doesn't have the staff to do what he or Rob were looking for so Kash should step up and show us how it should be done. He should tell us what's wrong with everything(as he always does) and he should show us the way.

I'm just glad we have the JAM and they do the best they can with what they've got, if he wants to see press releases and reports on everything, he should write them and send them in. I don't know what he does for work but perhaps he'll have the time. Plus he can sign in for FREE.

Oh and Tower Man we will have that beer, warm and flat if it must be.

Pete you're excused. I wasn't asking people to come, I was just saying don't complain if you didin't come. Rob was working, I didn't know that from his posts. I thought he didn't come because he wasn't in the Top 5 in points.

RacinRob
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Its water under the bridge at this point, no need to keep on. It was a misunderstanding and if I had the time between two jobs and racing I would help the jam. Just hard for many people to dedicate the time and effort, but hopefully one day soon we can get back to having even better coverage than what we have now! See you guys in april or if there's another bowling fundraiser.

LongIslandJam
11-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes, I think we've exhausted this topic beyond the point of the original intent. We got the answer for the special award winners. Let's move on.:)