PDA

View Full Version : 6CYL. added to enduro racing

Mobigsly
11-21-2009, 11:02 AM
I just read the article for 2010 and I gather that there will be a 6cyl. division added to the enduro racing. My only concern is that I hope this don't reduce the number of laps. If anything you should use the date the race is on and add that to 100. So January will be 102laps and Febuary will be 127 laps. etc.

Others complain about Money, I want LAPS!!!!!!

intense1
11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Yes, MO...the 6 cylinders will have a seperate division in 2010. The trucks and cars will run together, with two seperate winners until car counts increase.
This allows all those front and rear wheel drive 6 cylinders to compete.
How many metric cars do you come across that are 6 cylinders?
How about all those 80/90s FWD 6 cylinders that are around?

No need to pass on them since they aren't competitive with the 8 cylinders...now they have their own class!

And, yes...mark your calendars for February 27, 2010, as race #2 of the Mountain Madness Enduro Series will take to the speedway.

More to come...:wave:

jimwhite
11-21-2009, 05:30 PM
i hope doesnot hurt the big car count you take the trucks and 6cyl away thats quite a few

Spanky1975
11-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Just an idea, I I'll probably kick my self in the ass for saying this, but why not stick with two classes, being front wheel drive and rear wheel drive regaurdless of how many cylinders the car has. As long as it's a stock motor for that particular vehicle you choose to drive. I don't know why anyone would want to add another division to a series that can't fill the first two divisions they already have. Yes I said two. I don't count three trucks on the track running twenty laps a race.

intense1
11-23-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run both.
If you have a friend who is new to the sport, let them run the 6-cylinder race...and you could run the car with the 8-cylinders.

NOW, build a 6-banger...and, bring a friend to the races!

Marv72
11-24-2009, 07:05 AM
I and several others disagree with that. To me that is double dipping.

Your bringging a car to the track that has another chance at placing in the top 5 and taking money and a trophy. It was alright for the trucks to run with the big cars because they only ran a handful of laps depending on how many trucks showed up to the track. But if you (the track) are giving them there own points system then they only should run in there class.

You do not see any 8 cylinders in the 4 cylinder class now do ya. NO

Just voicing my concerns. Thanks..........:cool:

gswracing
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
that is an insult intense. i'm pretty sure my 6cyl has a pretty good record up there. come to think of it my brother and i are the only fwd 6cyls to ever win a race up there. and not to mention a championship and never out of the top ten in points. just gotta do your home work.
jeff walls

intense1
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Well Jeff, now you have two chances to win.
I know all about doing my homework. I raced Enduros at flemington with the very best: John Anzalone, Steve Haegele, Skip Eccles, Glenn Osborne, David Hunt, Tony Volpe, Richard Petey (yes, Richard Petey), and many others.
No message board...just three wide racing at 100 mph for 2 hours. I know all about it(and miss it dearly).
Unfortunately, it will never be the same.

Don't be insulted, Jeff. Just be fast.

STU
12-06-2009, 06:10 PM
I think it is ok to run both if the driver wants. Thinking ahead to race day, I think the 6s should run first. That way while the 4s are running, those who choose to run with the 8s will have enough time to refuel change tires etc. without being rushed.
Cory

Marv72
12-06-2009, 09:05 PM
if 6 cyl can run both then the 8 cyl can also run both

:lol:

Spanky1975
12-07-2009, 09:48 AM
This whole thing is nuts. If you have a six cylinder you should run with the six cylinders not both the six and eight cylinders. If I bring a street stock down for the weekly series could I run with the factory stocks and street stocks?

Marv72
12-07-2009, 10:31 AM
that's excatly my point Spanky. As I said at the top of this post. You should only be aloud to run 1 class per enduro event. (No double dipping)

example on a bigger scale. (That's like the Sprint Cup cars running in the Nationwide series.)

What is or was the tracks offcial standing on this subject since they are the ones who decided to move the 6 cylinders with the trucks this season.

Are the 6 cylinders going to be aloud to run in both fields.
YES or NO

Thanks

PF Racing :cool:

LM13
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
I think that you should be able to move up and run a 6 in the 8 class. It's no different then running a FS car with the SS if you change tires [which I have done already]. The only thing is that you have to pay double to get in the back gate in order to run both races. It's not double dipping, it's just racing twice in one day. I believe there are some 6s that can beat the 8s which makes it very reasonable to move up. And no the 8s should not be able to move DOWN to the 6 class. That's just not right.

LM13
12-07-2009, 11:15 AM
From what I read everyone forgot about paying twice to race twice.

Buckshot11
12-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Back gate entry fee is only once. Race fee is per race...so 2 races = 2 entry fess + 2 transponder fee's.

Allowing the 6's to run with the 8's is a smart move. They already do any way so stop complaining. They are adding to the purse. There is nothing negative about it. Its not like we have to run consi's and 6's are taking away spots from 8's. Now they are adding a class to try and help promote the series. At the same time allowing the 6's to run with the 8's will help keep the car counts up in the 8's, and possibly bring in new drivers who may eventually bring there own cars.

You allow a friend to drive your 6 cyc in the 6 race and you bet he'll be looking for his own by the time he gets home. Meanwhile you still get to drive in the 8's.

Im not saying its defiantly going to work, but lets give it a try. There doesnt seem to be any draw backs at this point. I cant believe people are actually complaining about ADDING MORE RACING! If it really bothers you just build a 6 and you can race both races too.

intense1
12-07-2009, 02:15 PM
We have a winner.
At least someone gets it.

eb164
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
Everybody here is talking about money not fairness. Like when the fs do run ss and run right up with them makes u wonder what class your car is actually legal for. Its no different for enduros, if your registered for that class race that class. There will never be a good car count running it like this.

STU
12-07-2009, 07:08 PM
How long will the races be?
100 laps?
75?
50?

intense1
12-07-2009, 08:11 PM
The event schedule for the Frostbite 4 Enduro event, will be available in the next week. We are just finalizing a few things.

Enjoy your holidays, and lets get ready to.....RRRRRUMBLE! :applause:

Buckshot11
12-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Everybody here is talking about money not fairness. Like when the fs do run ss and run right up with them makes u wonder what class your car is actually legal for. Its no different for enduros, if your registered for that class race that class. There will never be a good car count running it like this.

Riverhead has 5 endro divisions. Average cars counts from last year:
25+ Grands
25+ Trucks
50+ 8's
30+ 6's
50+ 4's

Its been proven to be able to work...so I'm not so sure I'd say NEVER.:p

eb164
12-08-2009, 10:24 PM
ok yeah they have good car counts but do they allow the 6 cyl. to run with the 8 cyl. Thats the point I was getting at. no classes should be able to race the same car in two divisions.

Nikki
12-09-2009, 11:34 AM
I have been enduro racing for a couple years .Taking a break last year due to family problems. I love to race the more laps I can do the better. I have already trucked a 4cyl probe,6cly truck and a 6cyl probe to the races.and won two out of three with top five finishes in the 6cyl. Just to race so I must of triple dipping getting money in all three events.I have asked to run the 4cyl in the 6&8 class. My times where faster than them. Iwas told it was a weight issue. My 6cyl probe weighs 3150 and my 4cyl probe is 2700. I did notice the 6 can push the bigger cars around better. The truck is just to light in the back end you get bounced around to much. I think bringing one car registering twice is great. I don't have to tow two different cars to run the same laps. Thanks for listening harry61

Spanky1975
12-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Nikki,
In my book you are not triple dipping. The point is the six cylinders used to run with the eight's and you brang different cars to run each division. If someone has a v8 and a four banger and wants to run both divisions I don't see any problem with that, but with the rule changes you should just bring your six cylinder truck and run with the trucks, the 6 cylinders, and the 8 cylinders and then I would consider it triple dipping.

It is what it is. I totally agree with starting a new division for the six cylinders, but I can't see letting them run any other race.

If this is how it is going to be can I run my four cylinder with both the six cylinders and the four cylinders? If that is the case I guess all 15 four cylinder cars that show up will get two races at each event.