PDA

View Full Version : Rules Meeting!

rockinrick120
11-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Just wondering how it went? We allowed blown alchol motors yet. LoL let us know what some of the things talked about. Anxious to get started on car for next year,guess i will start on fixing the cosmetic damage(yeah right have you seen my "straight" fenders lately).

Thanks,
Rick

jag
11-21-2009, 08:28 PM
i'm also waiting, already getting ready just need to make sure it's legal:help:

richardpetey
11-21-2009, 09:42 PM
The rules get together was a fairly productive affair.............:rolleyes:
Because of all the "flippers", looks like full interior 4pt. cages w/ door bars will be required in every class and 18'' numbers are to be painted on the bottom of your car, so they can identify your car coming outa turn four(just kidding about the number)..................:angel:
No more make, model and year! Your enduro just has to be legal for model only, everything must remain stock, (springs, shocks, suspension, etc)....................:)
If your running a GM, you can use any GM production cast iron head, manifolds(exh. and intake) except center dumps(same rule for ford and mopar cars)...............:applause:
Mandatory racing rims, 1" lug nuts(except for aluminum rims), 7" rims with 3" backspace maximum, 8" tire width for big cars, 7" for small cars.....................:-|
Stock appearing aluminum radiators, aluminum reduction fan pulleys will be allowed and heavy duty reinforced winshield screen/fencing mandatory...........:-B
Many other safety improvements 4 or 5 point belts, window nets , etc..........;)
No more rear view mirrors allowed in car.................:(
No more tire cutter bumpers: Must weld or bolt piece of plate from end of bumpers to fenders to limit tire cutting and hooking bumpers with other cars.............LOL
Couple of other changes, can't remember them all, I'm sure Joe and Erin will put up a post soon..........:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

punchy
11-21-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice recap Petey for those who want to know ahead of time. I am sure Erin or Joe will have it posted too and soon! Rules sound better, all about safety!

jag
11-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice job Petey. willi there be an offiicial report in they near future,i'm getting itchy to turn wrenches.

DerbyN8-128
11-21-2009, 10:09 PM
Because of all the "flippers", looks like full interior 4pt. cages w/ door bars will be required in every class and 18'' numbers are to be painted on the bottom of your car, so they can identify your car coming outa turn four(just kidding about the number)..................:angel:

Guess I am one of those flippers...:disgusted

We are painting numbers on the bottoms of our cars for next year (as a joke in case any go wheels up) not that there is anything funny about that...lol :lol:

richardpetey
11-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Doesn't make ya a bad person..............:applause:
Just lifes way of turning things around..............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
11-21-2009, 10:23 PM
in all fairness, I am the only car that got A LOT of help from another car to cause my roll over...

if it would have have been for the little shove I got from another car going into turn 1, my car would have stayed on the ground

punchy
11-21-2009, 10:35 PM
everyone likes to help, sometimes too much :lol:

Philter39
11-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Richard P. Forgot to mention that all cars with # 43 must use solid fork lift tires.
For that no flat every race rule.
phil

RICK16RACIN
11-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Over all I think it was very productive. We touched on alot of things. Petey hit most all the subjects that we talked about . Finalized rules hopefully will be avalible at the banquet!! But safty is the biggest part of it!!! Me and Joe are gonna get together tommorow and get them ready for print. All I can say right now its really looking good and I think people will be happy! (most not all) sorry!!! Just remember we want you to go home in as good of health as when you got to the track!! :wave:

richardpetey
11-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks Phil! I need all the tire help I can get....................:help:
It felt like I was driving a "rear steer" all season long..........:eek:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
11-22-2009, 08:07 AM
in all fairness, I am the only car that got A LOT of help from another car to cause my roll over...

if it would have have been for the little shove I got from another car going into turn 1, my car would have stayed on the ground

I my case, i can wreck all by myself:lol:

DerbyN8-128
11-22-2009, 08:51 AM
. Finalized rules hopefully will be avalible at the banquet!!

the sooner the better...unless there is nothing too major. We are working on building the cars for next year already and want to make sure they are legal the first time around. Im sure there are other people in the same position. :wave:

DerbyN8-128
11-22-2009, 09:13 AM
I my case, i can wreck all by myself:lol:

seems the big cars have no problem rolling themselves...

its the 4 cylinder cars that need that little push to get them up and over. :lol:

mcstockcar
11-22-2009, 09:32 AM
look for the turn 4 taperd guardrail and aim!:lol:

Buckshot11
11-22-2009, 09:43 AM
:help:Anyone have a link to some 14" 5x100 racing rims. They are proving difficult to find. At least cheap anyway.:wave:

DerbyN8-128
11-22-2009, 09:51 AM
:help:Anyone have a link to some 14" 5x100 racing rims. They are proving difficult to find. At least cheap anyway.:wave:

added cost for new safety stuff would be another good reason to know the new rules sooner than later :cheers:

critter
11-22-2009, 11:07 AM
i would also like the new rules asap , gotta get goin on a few cars , why no rear view mirror ????? , i guess i will be weldin plates on the front bumper to the fender now too ,hmm just worried that will cause more damage ,but rules are rules ,my car seems to be good to go after that so ill start the new one or ones lol

Erin C
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
We got a lot of great input from the meeting yesterday and we will be going over everyone's suggestions and adjusting the rules. The rules will be ready for the banquet at the latest.

The major item yesterday was 4 point roll cages...

There were other highly recommended items brought up that won't be mandatory but suggested for added safety...stay tuned!

Erin C
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Critter, yesterday's discussions were all suggestions that we wrote down, nothing is set in stone yet...there were a couple great ideas that we will discuss on whether to add or not to add in the rules but nothing is finalized yet...

Our biggest concern was safety.

critter
11-22-2009, 12:57 PM
thx erin . yeah i like safety , my car is pretty good with the bar setup ,im goin to add a few more bars just for my own sake , might have my first coustomer car comin this week so at least i ahve somewhat of an idea for the rules

tbirdracer
11-22-2009, 05:41 PM
i am ok with any rules except race rims and one inch lugs. it will but me out with tbird. it is an odd size rims. plus extra cost for a part on chevy that is not a rim issue. i still think it could be a highly suggested rule. that'sjust my point of view.

mcstockcar
11-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Yup... no rear veiw mirror.:( now youll never see me coming.
And... you wont be able to see the person behind you about rear end you because there not paying attention.:(

DerbyN8-128
11-22-2009, 05:55 PM
I'd like to hear more about this racing rim required rule

richardpetey
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm with you Jack on the NO REAR VIEW MIRROR deal.................:mad:
I mainly used it for SELF-PRESERVATION on red flags and to let the guys racing on the lead lap get by me.......................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
11-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I'm with you Jack on the NO REAR VIEW MIRROR deal.................:mad:
I mainly used it for SELF-PRESERVATION on red flags and to let the guys racing on the lead lap get by me.......................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

I think a lot of the lead cars were happy that I had a rear view mirror this past season. It allowed me to see them coming and move to the outside line so I wouldn't slow them down as much, basically get out of their way.

However, having one or not having one doesn't make much difference to me. As long as we can, I will run one.

critter
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
i liked havin a rear view ,helped me out alot when those big ole v8s where runnin my 6cyl down , tried to stay out of the way , and agrre with jack helped for those bump and runs , hope we get to keep em

Poppop
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
I have to agree with Nate and Critter. I could see which side the cars were coming on most of the time and could get out of the way before they started blowing the horn real hard.:lol:

mcstockcar
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
The guys that ruin it are "mirror drivin" or blocking. I havent run into that situation yet, but if I do i know how to fix that...he he he:angel:

rpkulik
11-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Racing rims will NOT be required. 1" lugnuts will only be required in certain situations. This is UNOFFICIAL. Please wait until the banquet for some official news on this. I think the meeting went very well. I don't think that there will be any serious objections to the new rules. Everyone there worked earnestly to get the best rules possible to please the most people while improving safety and keeping costs to a minimum. There will be a rollbar/doorbar requirement. I feel very good about the upcoming season. For god's sake, DON'T PANIC!!!

critter
11-22-2009, 10:48 PM
no panic here , my car has 4 points and door bar and belts ,my car passed tech ,ill just wait till there all offical then panic lol

310fig8
11-23-2009, 06:37 AM
Are 6 Points legal (rear Kickers) next year?

Sac-Man
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM

I've used:
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stockcar.html

I think their price is good. Fast friendly service too.

rockinrick120
11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
I think a lot of the lead cars were happy that I had a rear view mirror this past season. It allowed me to see them coming and move to the outside line so I wouldn't slow them down as much, basically get out of their way.

However, having one or not having one doesn't make much difference to me. As long as we can, I will run one.

If someone is faster then you they will get by.Run yur line and they will see where to go around you. Saying that it helps avoid getting rear ended probably causes just as many wrecks as you think you avoid.If they are coming up on you fast planning to go around you on the outside and all of sudden you turn right to get out of the way because you"saw them coming"wether they hit you or get into someone else it is still a direct result of having mirrors.

Sac-Man
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I prefer no mirrors.:-| Perhaps we ask Joe to conduct a pole on the forum. I prefer drivers hold their line and focus on the front half of the car.:applause:
NASCAR should go No Mirrors and No Spotters.:-B

EnduroFromDE
11-23-2009, 10:06 AM
NASCAR should go...No Spotters.:-B

yea ok...that happened once, remember. Im sure Deborah Renshaw does...:disgusted

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
I've used:
http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/stockcar.html

I think their price is good. Fast friendly service too.

Thanks...just what I was look for:wave:

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 01:16 PM
Count another vote for mirrors. I too use them for safety.:wave:

CJfilms
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I like mirrors too.....for safety reasons.

However, we see it race after race....mirror driving. More people are watching who's behind them rather than what's in front! I would like to see the mirrors stay, but in reality....we have flaggers, lights AND scanners. There should be no reason why cars are not stopping when we throw a red....other than lost brakes.

Scanners will be "MANDATORY" next season IF you want to qualify for points.....I am re-wording the rules now to state this properly, but IF you refuse to use a scanner...it is the same as refusing tech.

The suggestions and ideas we discussed Saturday are being thought over and decided which ideas are right and which are not....how to word things properly and how it will affect drivers.... We will have printed sets of rules at the banquet for sure....in the mean time, give it about a week or so before I get them fully uploaded onto the site.

Also, not to put anyone down here.....but nothing on here is official so please check with the officials BEFORE you go and change something on the car. The rules mainly changed to promoter safER racing, so most things will not change.

The hardest part now is the re-wording process...... Remember, one little slip now can have a very ill effect mid way through the season when a competitor is taking advantage of our error.

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
I like mirrors too.....for safety reasons.

However, we see it race after race....mirror driving. More people are watching who's behind them rather than what's in front! I would like to see the mirrors stay, but in reality....we have flaggers, lights AND scanners. There should be no reason why cars are not stopping when we throw a red....other than lost brakes.

Scanners will be "MANDATORY" next season IF you want to qualify for points.....I am re-wording the rules now to state this properly, but IF you refuse to use a scanner...it is the same as refusing tech.

The suggestions and ideas we discussed Saturday are being thought over and decided which ideas are right and which are not....how to word things properly and how it will affect drivers.... We will have printed sets of rules at the banquet for sure....in the mean time, give it about a week or so before I get them fully uploaded onto the site.

Also, not to put anyone down here.....but nothing on here is official so please check with the officials BEFORE you go and change something on the car. The rules mainly changed to promoter safER racing, so most things will not change.

The hardest part now is the re-wording process...... Remember, one little slip now can have a very ill effect mid way through the season when a competitor is taking advantage of our error.

:help:Just another idea...If the judges can see the 'mirror drivers' and scanners are to be mandatory, then these drivers can be addressed via scanners. Either warned and/or black flagged. Repeating offenders could be subject to loosing their mirror.:help:

Just another idea :cheers:

mcstockcar
11-23-2009, 04:46 PM
I agree 100%. Mirror driving;blocking, whatever you may call it, should be delt with over the scanner, deduct points if they are warned for infractions of such several times. The ones who legitly use our mirrors for saftey shouldnt have to suffer. I wanna know when im about to be rammed by someone not paying attention, so I can pucker up and brace myself for whats going to happen. Ive ruined alot of shorts when i let my guard down:lol::lol:

DerbyN8-128
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
If someone is faster then you they will get by.Run yur line and they will see where to go around you. Saying that it helps avoid getting rear ended probably causes just as many wrecks as you think you avoid.If they are coming up on you fast planning to go around you on the outside and all of sudden you turn right to get out of the way because you"saw them coming"wether they hit you or get into someone else it is still a direct result of having mirrors.

I haven't had any problems with that, and mainly run high to begin with. I used my mirror to see when it was clear to get around other cars that were either in my way or slower than me running my same line. If no one was coming up fast behind me, I could safely drop down and pass that car, then move back to my line when I saw the slower car behind me. Also if I would want to run somewhere else on the track, I could see where other cars (usually in large groups) were behind me and make my way back up high before they got to me. I'm not talking about waiting until the cars are two or three car lengths behind me, I'm saying when they were coming out of turn 2 3 wide, I would be going into turn 3 and knew they were coming, so planned accordingly. I do understand what you are saying though.

I can see what people are saying about the mirror driving and using it for blocking, but the safety side of the mirrors can't really be argued too much. If I would have had a rear view mirror back in the June race, I could have possibly seen the 17 car get a run on me going into turn one on the low side and not hugged the bottom of the track as much...which led to the little bit of contact that sent me barrel rolling. All I would have had to do is glance in the rear view and I would have saw him lower than me on the track going into the turn and I would have gave him a little more room.

DerbyN8-128
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
no panic here , my car has 4 points and door bar and belts ,my car passed tech ,ill just wait till there all offical then panic lol

Same here...and I was all for making cages mandatory anyways :wave:

Only thing that worried me was the racing rim comment...it would be an added expense, not a problem, but nice to know as far in advance as possible :lol:

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 05:03 PM
Lets also not forget pitting under green. Grandview's track exit/pit entrance isnt exactly the safest thing. I found my self in a similar situation at Blackrock a couple of weeks ago. I glanced in my mirror as I was making my way to the pit gate...long story short I took another lap. If I hadnt at least 3 other cars would have been pitting with me...as they would have been on my trunk lol

richardpetey
11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
Drivers who use mirrors, properly, help stop serious incidents on the track....................;)
Even though it is an enduro race, it is common knowledge that a faster car usually passes high while the slower car goes to the low groove.............:applause:
Without mirrors the pit exit path at the "mound" is gonna look like 10lbs. of crap stuffed into a 1lb. bag.............:disgusted
I agree that mirror abuse should be penalized, but don't punish everybody for the sins of a few........................:help:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

gutter7
11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
And lets remember to pad them roll cages, and not with a pool noodle. Remember even with a tight five point harness you can hit stuff 8-10 inches away from your head. First hand experience, New helmet, good padding,driver out cold on the front stretch.
http://www.jerseyracing.com/clips/070707mod1.wmv

critter
11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
hey whats wrong with pool noodles ???? there foam and come in green , and not expensive , gotta try to stay low budget on some stuff , noodles are beeter then no padding

critter
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
i know im replyin to myself , but why dont we all wait till the new rules r finalized , and once they r done ,thats it ,go by the rules

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM
hey whats wrong with pool noodles ???? there foam and come in green , and not expensive , gotta try to stay low budget on some stuff , noodles are beeter then no padding

:help:SFI padding is less the $20 for 3 ft. I think I did my whole car with just 2. Maybe 3. That foam may be nice but you'll think twice after a hit over 10 mph
or when its dripping on you.:help:

Buckshot11
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
i know im replyin to myself , but why dont we all wait till the new rules r finalized , and once they r done ,thats it ,go by the rules

How else are we supposed to get to 1200+ post :D

The G-Man42
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
there is no substitute for safety in any way shape or form.........if ur life is cheap go cheap if its valuable spend the money to keep it safe enough said

critter
11-23-2009, 06:33 PM
i think we should all calm down and wait for the final rule book , my last two cents on this

tbirdracer
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
well criter, your over budget with your 2 cent. mmmmm i like noodles.:lol:

Philter39
11-23-2009, 08:09 PM
racinrick120 got it right about mirrors.Just race your line.The car passing has already decided where they are passing you.
Mirrors are for combing your hair.Not racing. phil

DerbyN8-128
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
i think we should all calm down and wait for the final rule book , my last two cents on this

the thread is mainly about the mirror thing now...you need to calm down :lol::lol:

mcstockcar
11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
The new padding is more fireproof than those noodles!
But if your noodles on fire, youve really got problems!

DerbyN8-128
11-23-2009, 09:53 PM
amazing...critter is going to run both divisions next year but had to steal his neighbors pool noodles to use as roll bar padding :lol::lol:

mcstockcar
11-23-2009, 09:59 PM
At least he wont drown:)
He done lost his noodle!:lol:

punchy
11-23-2009, 10:40 PM
I got to drive with a mirror once and I liked it. It was nice to see who was coming up behind me if needed. BUT....Focusing straight ahead makes more sense much like driving down Rte 100. So this isnt a hard concept:wave:

Blocking is a part of racing...its going to happen with or without the mirrors. If your slow stay low, the faster cars go around!

As for the roll cage padding, pool noodles is better than nothing. Is there going to be specific type of foam to use? Someone should invent spray on padding or does this exist?

Another safety issue..........those who r concerned about the padding and whether its cheap or not...........is your helmet and belts in tip top shape? At least as of yet theres no restictions on that.

Cant wait to see the revised rules to stop this thread of picking!

The G-Man42
11-23-2009, 11:54 PM
$800 helmet check brand new belts check, good on my end! :cheers:

rockinrick120
11-24-2009, 12:34 AM
Drivers who use mirrors, properly, help stop serious incidents on the track....................;)
Even though it is an enduro race, it is common knowledge that a faster car usually passes high while the slower car goes to the low groove.............:applause:
Without mirrors the pit exit path at the "mound" is gonna look like 10lbs. of crap stuffed into a 1lb. bag.............:disgusted
I agree that mirror abuse should be penalized, but don't punish everybody for the sins of a few........................:help:
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Petey,
I raced a full year in 07 factory stocks at wall and the only thing the mirrors were used for was mirror driving.We were all pretty evenly matched and i finished as high as 4th so i was competitive. You had a lap maybe two for them to get by you if they were that much faster on the outside. If not you got"moved"up the track.Anyone that has a competitive car shouldn't need one,and yes i ran that whole year without a mirror.I don't mean that as a slight at you because you like mirrors just if your fast you have no real need to worry about who is slower behind you.How about compromise 1st race everyone can have them and from then on if you finish in the top 10 in ANY race you aren't allowed them for the rest of the season.

By the way Petey is your real name "ray"? I thought i saw that in a different thread somewhere.
Rick

richardpetey
11-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I also raced a F/S at Wall the 2007 season for Vern Mclaughlin in the #6 car...................:rolleyes:
Granted there was alotta beat'en and bang'en going on in that division but it had nothing to do with rear view mirrors..............:help:
I had one in the racecar but very rarely used it.................:-|
I have raced enduros for years and most rules forbid the use of rearview mirrors, so I can run with'em or without'em but if I had my choice I wanna know where I been as well as where I'm going...................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

tbirdracer
11-24-2009, 02:52 AM
By the way Petey is your real name "ray"? I thought i saw that in a different thread somewhere.
Rick
no my name is ray aka tbirdracer. petey and i raced against each other back in the 80's and early 90's. if you want to talk to me talk to me. i raced 2 times at grandview big car 98. is there a problem with something i said?

CJfilms
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
First off CALM DOWN WINKY!!!! :p

As for roll bar padding/noodles. It was said correctly here.... If you are in a bit of a tangle, the noodle is better than the bar. However, in the extreme case of a fire, the pool noodles not only melt, but break down into a liquid that WILL melt through a fire suit. Therefore a pool noodle is not the safest thing to have....

The SFI padding is great, it is durable and won't melt the way a pool noodle will. However, $20 roughly per 3 feet can get costly for anyone who wraps a whole cage....plus, I have heard the comment from some drivers that they would prefer hitting the roll bar rather than the SFI padding....IT IS DENSE!

There will be no changes to roll bar padding in the rules, however, NJ events will still require SFI padding.....so, if you plan on venturing around, you might as well spend the money on the better material now rather than later....or twice after buying pool noodles.

Critter said it best.... wait for the new rules to be released before you go jumping to conclusions....

Nate, if you want to spend the money on a racing rim for the RIGHT side, there should be no problem with that....the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side, whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner.

Again, the best thing to do is wait until everything has been finalized.

Rules will be posted at the beginning of next week... 1, we have a race this weekend and Erin and I will be at the speedway ALL WEEKEND. 2, I am getting a new laptop on Friday, so posting the rules will be the last thing I do on my old computer.....once I load them up, I will have a lot of swapping to do...

Erin C
11-24-2009, 03:14 PM
You're not supposed to know you are getting a new laptop on Friday!!!! :mad:

It is a Birthday/Christmas present and last I checked it isn't even December yet, LOL!!! :lol:

Does this mean I get my Christmas present a month early too??? :angel::D:cheers:

DerbyN8-128
11-24-2009, 03:36 PM

Nate, if you want to spend the money on a racing rim for the RIGHT side, there should be no problem with that....the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side, whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner.

No I'm fine with stock rims, haven't had any problems yet...the only reason I mentioned them was because of this...

Mandatory racing rims

If that would be the case, I was saying it would be nice to know now so people who don't have them (almost everyone) can save up to get them in time for next year.

Erin C
11-24-2009, 03:40 PM
It is a very good point but everything is not set in stone yet, unfortunately.

This is actually pretty early for getting the rules done, some places don't have theirs done yet, so I think we are on a good pace right now. Another week or so is not going to hurt and we will have some printed out at the banquet as well.

I am really glad to see everyone excited to build for next year!!!!

NeetsSpectator
11-24-2009, 04:17 PM
...the BIG CARS will be affected the most by the need for racing wheels on the right side,

Well there goes my filming career! :lol:

richardpetey
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Guess I got everybody excited with my rules post.......................:help:
I should have said "PROPOSED" rule changes................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

miller78
11-24-2009, 06:52 PM
does anyone like those basset wheels cause i want something the doesnt bend easy i been to grandview twice and bent 3 wheels:help:

richardpetey
11-24-2009, 07:06 PM
How ya gonna live up to your name(THE THRILLER) if ya don't bent a few rims once and awhile..........................:applause:
Yeah! Basset rims are good, sometimes a little heavy but good..............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
11-24-2009, 07:27 PM
HAHA..Joe is still working on these, on the phone again trying to go over the "proposed" changes. I never get to see my husband :(

It's ok...its almost "off season" :cheers:

EnduroFromDE
11-24-2009, 07:48 PM
1.However, $20 roughly per 3 feet can get costly for anyone who wraps a whole cage....they would prefer hitting the roll bar rather than the SFI padding....IT IS DENSE!....

2.whereas the Small Cars are less likely to flip from that similar scenario since they displace the car's weight differently through the corner...

3. we have a race this weekend and Erin and I will be at the speedway ALL WEEKEND...

1.When I was at Bridgeport I bought just 1 stick for $16 and cut them to 3 1ft lenths to fit just the areas where my helmet could hit, side roof bar, front loop bar, and I put it on the vertical driver side door bar for my leg. But yes it is VERY DENSE, Not something you look foward to hitting, maybe not as hard as the bar, but close...

2.its true. Besides Nates roll, I do not belive any other 4 cyl has flipped. My R/R wheel came off same as the big cars did going into turn 3 and I went up a little on my side but nowhere near enough to go completly over. (*KNOCK*KNOCK*KNOCK*)

3.Im thinking about going up on Saturday to watch from the stands and then again pitside for the NEETS race on Sunday. Im kind of hoping it (R-Word) on Friday and those features gets pushed to Saturday, full day of racing:applause:

Erin C
11-25-2009, 07:56 AM
(R-Word)

LOL!!! JOE!! Steve just said the "R" word!!!:p

Poppop
11-25-2009, 08:12 AM
:*-(Bad Steve:*-(

rpkulik
11-25-2009, 10:26 AM
On my Grand Prix, the top of the forward loop was close to my head, so I placed a piece of the SFI padding there. Unfortunately, I was hit head-on at high speed at Wall. It wasn't until I was in the pits that I realized that I had to have come into contact with the bar. Other than a scuff mark on Josh's helmet, the entire episode left me unhurt. I don't believe that any other type of padding would have worked as well. I am a believer in this padding, and will use it as much as my budget permits.

CJfilms
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM
Nice work there Bob....

Post #77 for you is also reply #77 in this thread!

Now no more posting for a while so everyone can enjoy it! :applause::lol:

jimwhite
11-25-2009, 02:12 PM
i know that the racing wheel thing isnot set in stone but for the 4cly class i think you should make 1 inch nuts manatory . the trouble with racing wheels is that they stick out side your body that may cause more rollovers than before if you run over a tire you might go over 7 inch 3in offsets really stick out jmo see you next year:wave: