PDA

View Full Version : SAFER Awards Banquet

figure849
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
First let me apologies for what was my initial reaction (holy S@#t) when It was announced that I was inducted into the Suffolk association of figure 8 racing Ernie Maynor Memorial Hall of Fame.
As Joe Larson Was making his introduction all I could think was (holy S@#t) that's me (holy S@#t) that's me. So when it was announced, that's all I could think to say.
For those of you that know me, you know that this is a great honor. Over the 38 years that SAFER has kept figure 8 racing alive there have been many great drivers, car owners, crew members, officials,Car Builders and motor sports writers. that have been inducted into the Hall of Fame.
I am very proud to be added to the list. It has been a dream of mine , But I did not think this would happen any time soon.
I am also proud to be inducted in the same year as Ricky Swanson.
Ricky and I have worked together many years ago,I consider Ricky the McGiever of auto racing.
Thanks to all the members.
Lets keep figure 8 racing alive as long as we all have a place to play.
So lets do what we can to get the car count up.
There are many super pro truck drivers and Blunderbust drivers that by coming over to the figure division can make more by finishing a figure 8 race then they can winning where they are now.

We need to put on as caution free of a race as possible.

And all teams should take advantage of the weather and stay out in the garage and make your car as best we can.

Again thanks for this great honor.

And thanks to Mike Albasini, Roger Turbush and Rob(dancing shoes) McCormick for attending our banquet

Artie Schenk

RGeeProductions
11-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Congrats Artie!!!! Obviously, you well deserved it....

RacinRob
11-22-2009, 08:03 PM
congrats artie

310fig8
11-23-2009, 06:34 AM
A well deserved honor Artie !!!!!!!!! Congrats. :applause:

Tracy87BB
11-23-2009, 08:55 AM
Congratulations! That is quite the accomplishment, and must make you feel great about all that you've done.

Duke22
11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Congrats Artie.

Tommyj16
01-06-2010, 04:15 PM
Rick,

This was a well deserved award and it is about time. With that said I wanted to thank you for all that you have done for me in my racing career. from my rookie season in 95 to even helping driving when my son was born in 06 in the #16 and for all the stories you told about your self and uncle Tom even the ones we have heard over and over they never grow old.

congrats again
Tom Ferrara

P.S. Congrats also to Artie I was to young to remember you and uncle Tom together But I do have the Photo of Uncle Tom's first win in the Yellow Nova #42 at Islip i believe in 81 or 82

figure849
01-13-2010, 07:25 AM
Great story Rick, I knew you could come up with one. And I'm sure many more. Maybe we can get the jam to pull thesse out and start a new thread. My Story, Over the years.

Tower Man
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
I wrote a book about some of the stories. Although they are based on fictional characters and events, some the stories come from actual events and any similarity to actual people, events and/or organizations is purly coincidental.

rrealto
01-13-2010, 03:18 PM
That statement makes no sense.
Fictional events based on actual events but similarity to actual events is "purly" coincidental ????

RacinRob
01-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Makes sense to me...he wrote a fictional story inspired by past non fictional experiences and stories. The Characters are fictional and any similarities are coincidental with no direct reference intented.

Tower Man
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Watch Law & Order each show starts with the similar disclaimer.

The one in the book states "This story is fictional. Any similarities to actual people, events or organizations is purely coincidental".

figure849
01-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Joe do you have a short story that did happen at one of the Longisland tracks that you would like to share with us?

And again can someone from the jam take out the stories and put them in a new post that we can add to.

Ka$h25
01-15-2010, 04:48 AM
Joe do you have a short story that did happen at one of the Longisland tracks that you would like to share with us?

And again can someone from the jam take out the stories and put them in a new post that we can add to.

In the meantime keep 'em coming here. Once a moderator gets to it they can easily purge everything into a new thread.

I've heard my fair share of stories between dad and George Brown recently, but I wouldn't consider them "appropriate" for messageboard talk. :lol:

Tommyj16
01-15-2010, 09:37 AM
ya most of the G. Brown stories won't be approvved for the thread:lol: