PDA

View Full Version : Trucks at Bethel

Tracy87BB
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Since the trucks put on such a great show at Bethel back in June and the fan response was so awesome, the promoters at Bethel have invited the class back to visit again in 2010. Tentatively, they are looking at putting two dates on the schedule - July 24th and September 11th.

I hope many of you put it on your calendars and plan to make the trip! The #83 truck will definitely be there, even if I have to once again use a substitute driver so that I can fulfill my regular Saturday obligations at the track (although I am hoping to be able to work my way around it and actually get to drive my truck this time).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me or send me an email at tracy.chirico@bethelmotorspeedway.com.

Tracy87BB
11-22-2009, 08:27 PM
The truck race itself is not the issue. All of the Victory Lane stuff at Bethel is done at the end of the night, so as soon as one race pulls off of the track, the next pulls on. The cars are all lined up in the pits prior to going out. So, my issue would be how to cover the race before and the race after. I have time to figure it all out...

jimwhite
11-24-2009, 10:01 AM
tracy how about running another class of enduro also bethal maybe a 4cly or a 8cly show over the summer try one show and see how it goes:cheers::

Tracy87BB
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Jim, if you can get a minimum of ten cars together, it is an idea that can be addressed with the promoters at the track. Bethel has a regular 4 cylinder division, and if you are interested in running a 4 cylinder car, I would suggest that you check out the rules and possibly compete with them. Even when the trucks came to Bethel, they did use flags during the race, so it was more of a 4/6 cylinder truck race as opposed to an enduro.

jimwhite
11-25-2009, 02:02 PM
looked at the 4cly rules that will not work have about one thing that is legal on my cars whats with no saturns plastic body i will talk with the 8 cly guys to see if they would think about it :wave:

don38
12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Are the going to use flags this year. Sounds fun:lol:

Tracy87BB
12-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes Don, I imagine they will be using flags again this year. Last year, the yellow was only thrown once, though, and it was a great race.

Right now, there is a paving project underway at Bethel, which may make for an even more interesting race in 2010 as there will be another lane.

I'm still hoping to be able to race in 2010, but my truck will be there either way.

Buckshot11
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes Don, I imagine they will be using flags again this year. Last year, the yellow was only thrown once, though, and it was a great race.

Right now, there is a paving project underway at Bethel, which may make for an even more interesting race in 2010 as there will be another lane.

I'm still hoping to be able to race in 2010, but my truck will be there either way.

:applause:NEW PAVEMENT!! WOO FANCY!! :applause: Ha Ha J/K
Whats to become of the turn 2 bump? Staying or going?:-B

MSK27
12-02-2009, 04:51 PM
I raced at that place in the late 70's and early 80's and there was a bump going into the third turn from a drainage pipe.If you hit that bump just right the car would land on the R/Rear tire and take a set so you could be back on the gas early and power off of the corner.I once saw a car loose a tire/axle combo that went over the 1ST turn fence and landed on/in someones passenger car windshield.O the memories.

Tracy87BB
12-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Bryan, I'm not sure about the bump...the whole track isn't being repaved, but a lane is being added.

And Randy, there are still some people up there who have the same memories (complete with you in them)!:applause:

Jaws
12-04-2009, 09:16 AM
The truck race itself is not the issue. All of the Victory Lane stuff at Bethel is done at the end of the night, so as soon as one race pulls off of the track, the next pulls on. The cars are all lined up in the pits prior to going out. So, my issue would be how to cover the race before and the race after. I have time to figure it all out...

I might be free, I could be a true "In car camera guy"!! :)

Tracy87BB
12-05-2009, 02:17 PM
A little off the topic, but I was asked to ask Randy if he remembers "gettin beat by a 17 yr old from there for the overall championship by the name of GARY O".:applause:

MSK27
12-05-2009, 03:46 PM
Sure I remember Gary.I spent alot of time with Gary and his family.One of my old racecars is probably still behind his grandma's house.

Tracy87BB
12-06-2009, 12:33 AM
Randy, I sent you a PM.:applause::applause: