PDA

View Full Version : Leah Maynor

outlawfab
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I would like to thank Leah Maynor for all the time and effort she put into raising money for our point fund this year .I was not there to pick up my check last night but my daughter Stephanie was and she recieved it for me and said she had a great time being there .It is a great thing you have done for the drivers at Riverhead Raceway Thanks again , David Brigati:applause:

bulldozer
11-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Leah what a job you did for every race car driver at riverhead raceway.Even though only a few appreciated what you did. To go out there and give us drivers a point fund where our own track couldnt was amazing. It really didnt matter how big or small the amount was you got a prize fund for every division. I cant thank you enough. I know it was a thankless job to try to help out some people who didnt even appreciate what you were trying to do.Next year i hope that riverhead raceway steps up and trys to get our point fund back i know we had good crowds most of the year. Thank you so much Leah.Chris Turbush :cheers:

leah28racing
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks guys! I appreciate you taking the time to write a thankyou! It means alot.
I wish it could of been more...especially for those who DID support me and their division.

-Leah

sobe
11-24-2009, 08:00 PM
thanks from the 11x mod!!!!!!!

Hollywood
11-24-2009, 10:06 PM
LEAH Count me in for another gift somewhere during the year for you fundraiser!

hollywoodmic
11-24-2009, 10:17 PM
The point fund was never paid by the promoters it was paid for by NASCAR (now they have the National Points System) and it was paid for by you and a few sponsors. Formac Welding and Hoosier Tire used to give $5.00 per Tire back to the point fund. You do the math and figure out how much money would have been in there. It also went by division, if you had 40 Charger Cars they would have a hefty point fund at the end of they year. The promoters do pay sanctioning fees to NASACR and those monies went towards the point fund. I think.

I say what Leah did was amazing. She did a great job and as Chris said a thankless job. Leah don't be discouraged keep on diggin.

RacinRob
11-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Even though I did not finish top 5 in points, I still am thankful for what Leah did for all of us. It is a very very hard job and takes a lot of hours away from her real life, not to mention all her time at the race track. I hope more people support her if she does it next year. I know times are tough but we can all make a difference even if its just a dollar a night for a 50/50 ticket. Thanks Leah and I hope next year if you decide to do this, more people hop on board and make this even more sucessful.

Rob Bader
19 Blunderbust

Golf Guy
11-25-2009, 12:37 PM
I gotta say I agree with Rob. Leah worked very hard to provide a point fund for ALL divisions and deserves a big THANK YOU from us all. I only hope that some divisions that did not show much support participate in her fund raising activities next year.

Jaws
11-26-2009, 10:24 AM
If there were more people doing what Leah did this year, well there would be a lot of extra money for the teams to race for.

Thank You Leah, you are a great asset to the track.

bulldozer
11-26-2009, 01:00 PM
Steve correct me if im wrong.I brought up and old article on the jam from 10-22-2004 which read 52,490 in the point fund.It states Barbara and Jim Cromarty sponsored 32,260. While JYD sponsored 12,830 from the tires. Hoosier tire East 5,000.Merkel Race engines 1,400 and Mcbetts a 1000. Barbara And jim are the promotors right? I dont want to start up anything im just stating the facts..Yes im lucky we have a track and yes i love racing there whether there is money or not. Thats the problem we as racers will race for free while the promotors make a couple of bucks. Maybe next year we will pay extra for tires and that money will go into a point fund.That will be a start.