PDA

View Full Version : track flags

STU
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
Got a chance to be the third turn flagger at the mutha. I loved it and had a great time. So much so I looked into buying some flags for myself so if the opportunity came again I would have my own and would not have to bug to borrow any from the track. After looking on the web to buy some, I have one question. Why in the hell are they so expensive to buy?! 7 flag set with carrying case $150! It's only a piece fabric stapled to a stick! Can anyone help me out?
Cory

EnduroFromDE
11-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Why in the hell are they so expensive to buy?! 7 flag set with carrying case $150! It's only a piece fabric stapled to a stick! Can anyone help me out?
Cory

make ur own for about $9. hit up goodwill for the fab. and home depot for the wooden dowels and make ur own:rolleyes:

Erin C
11-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Joe actually buys the fabric and makes his own, it only costs us about $50 a season for a new set of them...and by set I mean 3 sets =]

I know he has some extra ones made up that are not on the poles too, but we need to replace a few...if you are interested and you have the right sized poles for them, give him a call and he can probably get them stitched for you.

I am glad you had fun out there with our team =]

EnduroFromDE
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
wow i was just joking but I guess u could make them yourself:lol:

mcstockcar
11-24-2009, 08:50 PM
The ONLY flag I want is the CHECKERD! :lol:

critter
11-24-2009, 09:17 PM
u and me both , ill race your for it lol

mcstockcar
11-24-2009, 09:47 PM
1st place loser buys the beer!:cheers:

critter
11-24-2009, 10:08 PM
just watch out for shake n bake , lol 2nd place is the first loser isnt it ??? , anyway theres a place near me that i think sells flags i will have to check it out

CJfilms
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
Cory....I have a website you can buy flags from....however, there is a price...

As for making the flags, it is easy if you have a sewing machine...however, good luck finding the 'right sized' checkered flag material....the typical findings are the 1" X 1" squares....would kind of look like a gray blur to the cars!!!

If you want a set, I might be 'fabricating' a few more sets....I can certainly cut some extra fabric up!

STU
11-25-2009, 07:15 PM
you've known me for years. Do I look like the kind of guy that owns a sewing machine? hehe
I will give you a buzz about the flags though.
Thanks,
Cory

STU
12-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Sad heck with buying flags. I looked all over the web and it was absolutely terrible the prices they charge. Try looking for some, and you think the gas companies are sticking it to ya! Yikes!
Anyway, I made 4 flags for a total cost of under $8.They are a little bigger than the "official" size but like my wife said to me on our wedding night "sometimes size does matter".
Can't wait to try then out this coming season with NEETS.
One warning though, my wife can't wait to black flag someone so look out.
Thanks
Cory

EnduroFromDE
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
but like my wife said to me on our wedding night "sometimes size does matter".

and she still married you???:lol::):-|:disgusted Im sorry thats not right...

Erin C
12-08-2009, 07:57 AM
They are a little bigger than the "official" size but like my wife said to me on our wedding night "sometimes size does matter".

Well, thank you for officially waking me up this morning... I spit my coffee everywhere I started laughing so hard!