PDA

View Full Version : Row Row row your enduro...

mcstockcar
11-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Ive seem to had a vision (bumped my head or somthing) to put a 4 speed or 3 speed in my new car. The problem is is trying to find that right 2nd or 3rd gear to get that right gear ratio. Any other manual big cars out there?:confused:

critter
11-24-2009, 09:33 PM
do it jack , i love my 5 speed ,better then i thought i would , hopin ti find a small car with the same thing :cheers:

richardpetey
11-25-2009, 03:45 AM
As a matter of fact, the only auto trans car I own is the DIRT mobile...............................:eek:
When I bought the junk it had an auto in it..........................:disgusted
Spanish trans.'s are great, they are lighter, easier to maintain and afford you a much better selection of final drive gear ratios..............:applause:
The hardest part is finding the pedal and cross shaft set-up.............:help:
Most of the time I fabricate my own from an old GM truck.................:rolleyes:
Sometimes in the metric cars I cut another brake pedal and turn it into a clutch pedal then fab my own linkage to the cross shaft..................;)
If you have the bucks there are after market companies that make the entire pedal, linkage, cross shaft assemblies for your make, model, & year..............:D
Jack, on most GM trans.'s the ratios are determined by the number of lines cut radially into the input shaft, i.e. Saginaw, Muncie, T-10, etc................:D
UNCLE PETEY....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
11-25-2009, 06:16 AM
I got a link to the ratio guide to that input ring game. It covers even the 3 speeds. I think ill be using a 3 spd, that comes upwith a 5.64 gear in 2nd. Do you think thats too steep? I was runnin a5.10 with my th350 and 3.36s. :wave: