PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Derby XXXVI for Friday

RGeeProductions
11-26-2009, 07:09 PM
I just called the track and they actually are there and answered....
As of 7:18pm, Thursday night, they are going to try and run tomorrow.....

ModTourMan
11-26-2009, 09:45 PM
No rain here an hour north of the track. I have heard reports that a decent number of campers are already there along with car trailers in the pits.
I plan on heading over tomorrow about 10 AM or so...I'll take my time if it looks like rain though.

iamaranger
11-26-2009, 11:27 PM
if it does get rained out...is it a one day show saturday or does everthing gets pushed back a day?

RGeeProductions
11-26-2009, 11:29 PM
Everything runs Saturday.
If Saturday rains also, all will be Saturday Dec 5 only.

shep 06
11-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Any news from Wall

nflobster
11-28-2009, 12:10 AM
did not go but my laps has results

RGeeProductions
11-28-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=495233

nflobster
11-29-2009, 02:26 PM
being i couldn't make it i noticed chuck finished 3 in consi and dnq but teddy finishes 4 in consi and makes the show :confused:

RGeeProductions
11-29-2009, 02:37 PM
According to MyLaps, Steuer finished 4th....Turkey Derby Finishes (http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=495644)
It was to be 18 on times, 2 from each of 2 consi's (4) and 2 promoters choice.
They made it 4 promoters choice: Jimmy Zacharias, Pete Brittain, Woody Pitkat and TC.
I may be wrong and it's only my opinion, but I think it was because of Brittain and TC not making the field....
And a super job by Jamie Tomaino...so close....:cheers:

brittainfan
11-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Not sure about TC and Pitkat.. but Zacharias was a guaranteed starter from Shangri-la2 and I'm guessing that Pete got a past winner provisional and/or a past modified champions provisional.

Great racing all day though!

nflobster
11-29-2009, 05:22 PM
thanks for the answers guys. i was just trying to figure it out.( i thought 28 started...... my bad; 18 time 4 & 4 and 2 prov.) close 2 & 2 + 4 prov.

44YEARWALLMOD
11-29-2009, 06:42 PM
THIER IS A BIG DIFFERRACE IN BUMP AND RUN AND WRECK AND RUN I ALSO NOTICED THAT AFTER A CERTAIN PERSON IN THE 66 NOT PB GOT TO SECOND THEY STOPPED COUNTING THE YELLOWS DAM WHAT A STRANGE THING TO HAPPEN. ALSO WAHT HAPPENED TO SINGLE FILE RESTARTES AFTER HALF WAY? BUT HERE THE MAIN THING JIMMY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE PITS TO CHECK OUT HIS CAR IT WAS THE MOTOR AND HE WAS BLOWING OIL ON ALL THE OTHER CARS. IF THAT MOTOR WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP IN SPEED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY UGLY FOR THE MODS THEY FLY WHEN THEY HIT OIL WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PUT THE REST OF THE DRIVERS IN HARMS WAY? HOW MANY WOULD HAVE FLOWN IN TO OR OVER THE FANCE ITS ABOUT SAFTEY THATS THE POINT NOT WHOS DRIVING OR WHAT POSTION HES IN. WHEN WE START PUTTING THE SAFTEY OF THE DRIVERS IN THE BACK SEAT FOR ONE DRIVER THEN SOMETHING IS REALLY REALLY WORNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Tracy87BB
11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
The announcement was made at the drivers' meeting that yellow flag laps would not count during the first 25 or final 25 laps (only the middle 50). It was also stated that all restarts would be double file until it was 10 laps to go, unless the officials determined that single file restarts were necessary to maintain car count (in other words, if there were a lot of wrecks, single file restarts would be used earlier).

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anything posted in this thread, just explaining some of the questions that seemed to be present.

zombo
11-29-2009, 10:05 PM
THIER IS A BIG DIFFERRACE IN BUMP AND RUN AND WRECK AND RUN I ALSO NOTICED THAT AFTER A CERTAIN PERSON IN THE 66 NOT PB GOT TO SECOND THEY STOPPED COUNTING THE YELLOWS DAM WHAT A STRANGE THING TO HAPPEN. ALSO WAHT HAPPENED TO SINGLE FILE RESTARTES AFTER HALF WAY? BUT HERE THE MAIN THING JIMMY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE PITS TO CHECK OUT HIS CAR IT WAS THE MOTOR AND HE WAS BLOWING OIL ON ALL THE OTHER CARS. IF THAT MOTOR WOULD HAVE BLOWN UP IN SPEED IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY UGLY FOR THE MODS THEY FLY WHEN THEY HIT OIL WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU PUT THE REST OF THE DRIVERS IN HARMS WAY? HOW MANY WOULD HAVE FLOWN IN TO OR OVER THE FANCE ITS ABOUT SAFTEY THATS THE POINT NOT WHOS DRIVING OR WHAT POSTION HES IN. WHEN WE START PUTTING THE SAFTEY OF THE DRIVERS IN THE BACK SEAT FOR ONE DRIVER THEN SOMETHING IS REALLY REALLY WORNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

the not counting yellows just for jimmy blewett is bs. stop spreading this rumor. you're doing it everywhere. it is just plain wrong. it was done from the beginning of the feature and was also done in the wall mod feature. stop spreading bs when you don't know the facts.

RGeeProductions
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM

HUH? Blewett was leaking oil??? Now I wonder how Pennink saw out his windshield if Jimmy was blowing oil!?!?
And, would you mind not writing in caps please????

Brian Hawks
11-30-2009, 07:11 AM
Sounds like that guy and Wall Stadium wasn't in the mood to see $howtime win... Oh well.. How did ya enjoy the SK race?

KH0429
11-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow, I hope that's a joke.

I went to wall for the first time this past weekend, have never seen Blewett race before in my life so I am completely un-biased.

I would not have gone back to Wall next season if something was not done, as it was they waited far too long to do something about him. He caused two cautions by forgetting to slowdown in the corner, he drove through a car to get back at 00 and caused the 41 and another car to have terminal damage. Any NORMAL track would have parked him right there. Seemed like he did not care if he did it again I saw him go into the corner about 10MPH faster than Pennick every lap, he used Pennicks car to slow down, every lap. I was hoping Pennick would have hooked him into the fence, unfortunately not everyone races like an idiot.

I would like to see Blewett try racing like that at Thompson or Stafford.

44YEARWALLMOD
11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
But untill i can afford to get my eyes done its the only way i can read the board my insurace at work wont cover it. I am sorry if i am bothering everyone belive me its not on purpose. I will try to write smaller fromhere on in.

RGeeProductions
11-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow, I hope that's a joke.

I went to wall for the first time this past weekend, have never seen Blewett race before in my life so I am completely un-biased.

I would not have gone back to Wall next season if something was not done, as it was they waited far too long to do something about him. He caused two cautions by forgetting to slowdown in the corner, he drove through a car to get back at 00 and caused the 41 and another car to have terminal damage. Any NORMAL track would have parked him right there. Seemed like he did not care if he did it again I saw him go into the corner about 10MPH faster than Pennick every lap, he used Pennicks car to slow down, every lap. I was hoping Pennick would have hooked him into the fence, unfortunately not everyone races like an idiot.

I would like to see Blewett try racing like that at Thompson or Stafford.

Quite honestly, Jimmy knows that track better than anyone out there, hence why he can send it in more. As for his driving style, I really thought he drove very well. As you said, it was your first race there and Wall does usually let bump and run get by. If it is very intentional, they will set you back as they did with the Sportsman winner, they moved him to third in the finish.

44YEARWALLMOD
11-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Was brought to my attenion that i am wrong about the yellow laps. I am sorry did not hear it at the driver meeting whem i am wrong i will admit it!!!!!!!!! Sorry for any confusion thank you zombo for pointing it out.

zombo
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
Was brought to my attenion that i am wrong about the yellow laps. I am sorry did not hear it at the driver meeting whem i am wrong i will admit it!!!!!!!!! Sorry for any confusion thank you zombo for pointing it out.

no worries. these kinds of things spread fast and to give a bad impression of something that was completely legit would not be right.

44YEARWALLMOD
11-30-2009, 07:56 PM
http://livestream.com/walncableradio?referrer=mogulus Monday evening at 6pm. they talk about racing all racing dirt,paved they just had rowen pennwick on carries him self very well you can type in qustions to be asked. he said that at the awards show tc said he did not have a ride for the td. so rowens dad offered up his back car . so now rowen will drive tc sk car at thompson. its great to hear how these deals come around, i really think you all will like the show enjoy.:wave: