PDA

View Full Version : fsracer9

The G-Man42
11-30-2009, 07:43 PM
hey devon u gonna run grandview next year and if so u runnin a vw again?

critter
11-30-2009, 08:01 PM
i can answer that one , he got a dodge colt from me , thats we he is runnin at grandview

The G-Man42
11-30-2009, 09:12 PM
thanx 4 the response critter!

FSracer9
11-30-2009, 10:29 PM
i would have been running one but i sold it to a kid and he rolled it at svs in his first race. so now i got the colt to tweak on:]

critter
12-01-2009, 07:31 PM
fs hows the the car comin along ? now i wish i would og kept it for my self oh well i got another small car comin

FSracer9
12-01-2009, 09:15 PM
well as of now its sitting in my driveway untouched haha. works been killing too much time. but i have two weeks paid vacation starting next week so i'll be working on it then. i gotta get it ready for svs on jan 2nd. i need a winter fix haha

The G-Man42
12-02-2009, 11:05 AM
im gonna try to run svs that day also money is the crunch though wanna build full cage and pipe is pricey might also run with the 4cyl this year at mvs with the jetta

critter
12-04-2009, 10:30 PM
ok whats svs and what kinda of racin in jan ? can i bring out the zoom zoom maybe ? or keep good for grandview

Philter39
12-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Critter

SVS is Lapdance speedway AKA Mountain. Asphalt 1/3 flat. Up by Hazleton. Give it a try. Sac-man won the 4 banger enduro points there this year. phil

critter
12-04-2009, 11:22 PM
ill have to see what my team says first and the wallet after xmas

RACERX
12-04-2009, 11:47 PM
critter you will have a good chance with your 6 against the v8's in this race as long as the track is icy.Jeff walls won the championship with a v6.Im scrambling to get 2 cars ready for jan.lost my cavalier at the 10,000 to win race at blackrock.had that car for many years.:*-(tried to get as many races as phil. she couldnt be revived

Tracy57
12-05-2009, 07:19 AM
SVS has added a 6 cyl. enduro so the car counts may be lower for the 6's for a while...

Zoom Zoom is a 6 right?

We are planning on being up there- give asphalt a try (less dirty)... :lol:

EnduroFromDE
12-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Watch out for tech, I've heard they could be strick on newcomers or "visiters" from another planted/series... but yes they Scheduled a 6 cyl division for the first 2 race anyway of 2010. First race is normally first weekend of January, its called the Beaters w/ He.....no thats right, its the "FrostBite" 4...:lol::p Make sure you have NEETS all over that car Critter, and represent the true meaning of Enduro...

Poppop
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
I thought about giving SVS a try but in looking at the rules I found the following that I have to do, or at least that's my interpretation of the rules.
#1 I have to add a diagonal brace to my cage. not a problem.
#2 six inch rims instead of the seven' I have now. problem.
#3 Muffler. realey?
Am I right or wrong?

What will it cost a visitor to race?

Buckshot11
12-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Critter,

SVS - Sundance Vacations Speedway (as of this year) - New Sponsor
Mountain Speedway (Previous Years)
Lapdance - Uncle Peteys favorite term :lol:

http://mountainspeedway.com/

The enduro series is referred to as the Mountain Madness Enduro Series (MMES)
http://www.mountainspeedway.com/new/mmes.htm

Rules:
http://www.mountainspeedway.com/Rulebooks/2009/MMES.htm

The series is run extremely similar to the NEETs series. Last year there were Small and Big Cars as well as Trux. As of this year it looks like 6 cylinder cars will also have their own division and run with the Trucks (having separate winners). I do believe that you can also run the 6 in the big car race against the 8's. Thats 2 races 1 car ! Big & Small cars usually do 100 laps, trux are 20-40 laps depending on # of trucks.

Last year SVS made all Big Cars pull out their springs after a race. Many people were very upset :mad: . I believe 5 people were DQ'd. Make no mistake if you are blatantly cheating and winning they will not hesitate to DQ you. I personally find their tech to be in line with every other track I have visited. Just remember...you have to make it to tech first (top 5) before they can DQ you.

Your Zoom Zoom should be good to go as is. Who knows, maybe you can win the first 6 cyc race ever or the Championship !

Pit fee is like $26 or $28 and race fee is $50. Top 5 receive trophies and payout.

1st Race is only 4-weeks away...hope to see you there!:applause:

jimwhite
12-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I thought about giving SVS a try but in looking at the rules I found the following that I have to do, or at least that's my interpretation of the rules.
#1 I have to add a diagonal brace to my cage. not a problem.
#2 six inch rims instead of the seven' I have now. problem.
#3 Muffler. realey?
Am I right or wrong?

What will it cost a visitor to race?

poppop if you have a full cage you should be ok check on the rim size for your car the orignal rule was for the more faster cars to slow them down the muffler be creative hope to seeall the people that i hade the privlage of racing in the muthur at the mound

FSracer9
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
i wouldnt worry about the muffler. my jetta had a straight pipe out the side that shot flames out when i lifted:] they didnt seem to mind. gotta love a german car running rich. and i'm fairly sure the rim and tire rule is for the dsm cars. those things are ridiculous up there if you know what to do with em

EnduroFromDE
12-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Its funny though how those cars dont seem to perform the same on dirt. I dont think there are any of them running at GV are there? I think there was one or two at the last race but not as much as you use to see at SVS

critter
12-05-2009, 01:50 PM
im goin to check the money fund and think about this race , maybe try it yet , not sure yet , does sound like fun

Buckshot11
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
im goin to check the money fund and think about this race , maybe try it yet , not sure yet , does sound like fun

Oh its fun! :applause:
Just bring your winter coat cause its COLD!:wave:

FSracer9
12-05-2009, 02:20 PM
yes. definately cold. my fingers were all but frozen around the steering wheel last year. maybe i should be smart and leave the windshield in for this one

Poppop
12-05-2009, 04:33 PM
:lol:I still have my old windshield to use as a patern and a piece of lexan that juat might be big enough. I know it makes a world of difference on my boat, and that's only about 35 mph.:lol:
One more thing. Can I rent a transponder at SVS or do I have to find one to borrow?

critter
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM
hmmm just looked at the rules for the car ,mine should pass tech , now i have to really think about this , geeze what a decision , i kinda wann keep the car looking good for the mall show in feb to show the locals what neets is all about , :help:

richardpetey
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Its all about the money at Lapdance.....................:mad:
They bleed the back gate because they don't have any front gate.........:(
I like running the track and most of the enduro guys/gals that run there are great peeps........................:applause:
But, until the present management gets their walking papers( H. H. cleans house every 2 or 3 years), I'll treat the place like the plague........:rolleyes:
The track is about due to change names anyway.................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
12-05-2009, 08:17 PM
You should be able to borrow...I mean rent one from the track, if im not mistaken from the last time I've race there in 2007, you would still have to pay to register your own transponder...:rolleyes:

Buckshot11
12-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Yea you can rent a transponder for $12 I believe. $5 if you have your own

Poppop
12-05-2009, 08:24 PM
:)$$$$$$$$ you can't take it with you.:lol:

jimwhite
12-06-2009, 09:38 AM
critter you can race that track with very little to none damage i have raced cars there for many years it is not a rough track very wide track lots of room to get away from a accident but when ou crash there is not much let for the crusher hope to see you guys in jan :cheers:

gswracing
12-06-2009, 01:45 PM
they will check your wheels 6" before the race on 4cyls. they seem to like to go through the fugly cars with a fine tooth comb. ask sac man tech guy told him he wouldn't look so hard if he took the fuglyracing decal off his car. if you think you might finish in the top 5 make sure your car is right. they won't hesitate to dq anyone.